Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Actn2
Description: actinin alpha 2
- Yuan B, Wan P, Chu D, Nie J, Cao Y, Luo W, et al. A cardiomyocyte-specific Wdr1 knockout demonstrates essential functional roles for actin disassembly during myocardial growth and maintenance in mice. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:1967-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that AIP1-regulated actin dynamics play essential roles in heart function in mice. ..
- Steiner Champliaud M, Schneider Y, Favre B, Paulhe F, Praetzel Wunder S, Faulkner G, et al. BPAG1 isoform-b: complex distribution pattern in striated and heart muscle and association with plectin and alpha-actinin. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:297-313 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the protein level of BPAG1-b was reduced in muscle tissues from plectin-null mutant mice versus wild-type mice. These studies provide new insights into the role of BPAG1-b in the cytoskeletal organization of striated muscle. ..
- Li Q, Dai X, Shen P, Wu Y, Long W, Chen C, et al. Direct binding of alpha-actinin enhances TRPP3 channel activity. J Neurochem. 2007;103:2391-400 pubmed..It remains to be determined whether the TRPP3-alpha-actinin interaction is relevant to acid sensing and other functions in neuronal and non-neuronal cells. ..
- Qi L, Yu Y, Chi X, Xu W, Lu D, Song Y, et al. Kindlin-2 interacts with Î±-actinin-2 and Î²1 integrin to maintain the integrity of the Z-disc in cardiac muscles. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:2155-62 pubmed publisher..Our data indicated that Kindlin-2 is a novel Î±-actinin-2-interacting protein and plays an important role in the regulation of cardiac structure and function. ..
- Itoh S, Ding B, Shishido T, Lerner Marmarosh N, Wang N, Maekawa N, et al. Role of p90 ribosomal S6 kinase-mediated prorenin-converting enzyme in ischemic and diabetic myocardium. Circulation. 2006;113:1787-98 pubmed
- Spaich S, Will R, Just S, Spaich S, Kuhn C, Frank D, et al. F-box and leucine-rich repeat protein 22 is a cardiac-enriched F-box protein that regulates sarcomeric protein turnover and is essential for maintenance of contractile function in vivo. Circ Res. 2012;111:1504-16 pubmed publisher..Fbxl22 promotes the proteasome-dependent degradation of key sarcomeric proteins, such as ?-actinin and filamin C, and is essential for maintenance of normal contractile function in vivo. ..
- Lu L, Timofeyev V, Li N, Rafizadeh S, Singapuri A, Harris T, et al. Alpha-actinin2 cytoskeletal protein is required for the functional membrane localization of a Ca2+-activated K+ channel (SK2 channel). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:18402-7 pubmed publisher..The importance of our findings may transcend the area of K(+) channels, given that similar cytoskeletal interaction and anchoring may be critical for the membrane localization of other ion channels in neurons and other excitable cells. ..
- Triplett J, Pavalko F. Disruption of alpha-actinin-integrin interactions at focal adhesions renders osteoblasts susceptible to apoptosis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C909-21 pubmed..Thus we conclude that alpha-actinin plays a role in regulating cell survival through stabilization of focal adhesions and regulation of TNF-alpha-induced survival signaling. ..
- Faulkner G, Lanfranchi G, Valle G. Telethonin and other new proteins of the Z-disc of skeletal muscle. IUBMB Life. 2001;51:275-82 pubmed..A greater knowledge of Z-disc proteins and their interactions is essential for understanding their role in the structure and function of muscle. ..
- Itoh Satoh M, Hayashi T, Nishi H, Koga Y, Arimura T, Koyanagi T, et al. Titin mutations as the molecular basis for dilated cardiomyopathy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;291:385-93 pubmed..These observations suggest that titin mutations may cause DCM in a subset of the patients. ..
- Torrado M, Senatorov V, Trivedi R, Fariss R, Tomarev S. Pdlim2, a novel PDZ-LIM domain protein, interacts with alpha-actinins and filamin A. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:3955-63 pubmed..These results suggest that Pdlim2, like other ALP subfamily members, may act as an adapter that directs other proteins to the cytoskeleton. ..
- Schiaffino S, Reggiani C. Molecular diversity of myofibrillar proteins: gene regulation and functional significance. Physiol Rev. 1996;76:371-423 pubmed..Both myosin and troponin isoforms contribute to the differences in the resistance to fatigue of muscle fibers...
- Durham J, Brand O, Arnold M, Reynolds J, Muthukumar L, Weiler H, et al. Myospryn is a direct transcriptional target for MEF2A that encodes a striated muscle, alpha-actinin-interacting, costamere-localized protein. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6841-9 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that myospryn functions directly downstream of MEF2A at the costamere in striated muscle potentially playing a role in myofibrillogenesis. ..
- Heineke J, Ruetten H, Willenbockel C, Gross S, Naguib M, Schaefer A, et al. Attenuation of cardiac remodeling after myocardial infarction by muscle LIM protein-calcineurin signaling at the sarcomeric Z-disc. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1655-60 pubmed..Our study reveals a link between the stress sensor MLP and the calcineurin-NFAT pathway at the sarcomeric Z-disk in cardiomyocytes and indicates that reduced MLP-calcineurin signaling predisposes to adverse remodeling after MI. ..
- Kato M, Sasaki T, Ohya T, Nakanishi H, Nishioka H, Imamura M, et al. Physical and functional interaction of rabphilin-3A with alpha-actinin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31775-8 pubmed..It has been shown that reorganization of actin filaments is also involved in Ca2+-dependent exocytosis. Therefore, rabphilin-3A may serve as a linker for Rab3A and cytoskeleton. ..
- Maruoka N, Steele D, Au B, Dan P, Zhang X, Moore E, et al. alpha-actinin-2 couples to cardiac Kv1.5 channels, regulating current density and channel localization in HEK cells. FEBS Lett. 2000;473:188-94 pubmed..The ion channels and alpha-actinin-2 co-localize at the membrane in HEK cells, where disruption of the actin cytoskeleton and antisense constructs to alpha-actinin-2 modulate the ion and gating current density. ..
- Keicher C, Gambaryan S, Schulze E, Marcus K, Meyer H, Butt E. Phosphorylation of mouse LASP-1 on threonine 156 by cAMP- and cGMP-dependent protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:308-16 pubmed..Immunoblotting of LASP-1 in various mouse and human tissues detected a similar prominent expression in non-muscle tissue. Altogether, our data suggest so far no functional differences between human and mouse LASP-1. ..
- Ogura Y, Naito H, Kakigi R, Akema T, Sugiura T, Katamoto S, et al. Different adaptations of alpha-actinin isoforms to exercise training in rat skeletal muscles. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2009;196:341-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the increase in expression levels of alpha-actinin-2 is apparently related to alteration of skeletal muscle: its aerobic capacity is improved. ..
- Huang S, Huang C, Wang W, Kang J, Hsu W. The enhancement of nuclear receptor transcriptional activation by a mouse actin-binding protein, alpha actinin 2. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:481-96 pubmed..In screening for mammalian proteins that bind the AD2 of GRIP1, we identified a mouse actin-binding protein, alpha actinin 2 (mACTN2)...
- Ajima R, Akazawa H, Kodama M, Takeshita F, Otsuka A, Kohno T, et al. Deficiency of Myo18B in mice results in embryonic lethality with cardiac myofibrillar aberrations. Genes Cells. 2008;13:987-99 pubmed publisher..5. Thus, Myo18B is a unique unconventional myosin that is predominantly expressed in myocytes and whose expression is essential for the development and/or maintenance of myofibrillar structure. ..
- Radke M, Peng J, Wu Y, McNabb M, Nelson O, Granzier H, et al. Targeted deletion of titin N2B region leads to diastolic dysfunction and cardiac atrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:3444-9 pubmed..The N2B-KO mouse is the first titin-based model of diastolic dysfunction and, considering the high prevalence of diastolic heart failure, it could provide future mechanistic insights into the disease process. ..
- Lu L, Zhang Q, Timofeyev V, Zhang Z, Young J, Shin H, et al. Molecular coupling of a Ca2+-activated K+ channel to L-type Ca2+ channels via alpha-actinin2. Circ Res. 2007;100:112-20 pubmed
- Hodges J, Vilchez S, Asmussen H, Whitmore L, Horwitz A. ?-Actinin-2 mediates spine morphology and assembly of the post-synaptic density in hippocampal neurons. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e101770 pubmed publisher..These observations support a model whereby ?-actinin-2, partially through its Ca2+-insensitive EF-hand motif, nucleates PSD formation via F-actin organization and modulates spine maturation to mediate synaptogenesis. ..
- Zhou Q, Ruiz Lozano P, Martone M, Chen J. Cypher, a striated muscle-restricted PDZ and LIM domain-containing protein, binds to alpha-actinin-2 and protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19807-13 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that Cypher1 may function as an adaptor in striated muscle to couple protein kinase C-mediated signaling, via its LIM domains, to the cytoskeleton (alpha-actinin-2) through its PDZ domain. ..
- Li Q, Montalbetti N, Shen P, Dai X, Cheeseman C, Karpinski E, et al. Alpha-actinin associates with polycystin-2 and regulates its channel activity. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:1587-603 pubmed..Thus, physical and functional interactions between PC2 and alpha-actinin may play an important role in abnormal cell adhesion, proliferation and migration observed in ADPKD. ..
- Guvakova M, Adams J, Boettiger D. Functional role of alpha-actinin, PI 3-kinase and MEK1/2 in insulin-like growth factor I receptor kinase regulated motility of human breast carcinoma cells. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4149-65 pubmed
- Bauce B, Nava A, Rampazzo A, Daliento L, Muriago M, Basso C, et al. Familial effort polymorphic ventricular arrhythmias in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy map to chromosome 1q42-43. Am J Cardiol. 2000;85:573-9 pubmed..In these cases the pathology was segmental, mostly localized to the right ventricular apex. Ventricular arrhythmias that are present in these families differ from the monomorphic ones that are usually seen in patients with ARVC. ..