Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Actb
Description: actin, beta
Alias: Actx, actin, cytoplasmic 1, beta-actin, cytoplasmic beta-actin
- Ogneva I, Biryukov N, Leinsoo T, Larina I. Possible role of non-muscle alpha-actinins in muscle cell mechanosensitivity. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96395 pubmed publisher..At the same time, the concentration of the abovementioned proteins decreased in the soleus muscle fibers. ..
- Li B, Matter E, Hoppert H, Grayson B, Seeley R, Sandoval D. Identification of optimal reference genes for RT-qPCR in the rat hypothalamus and intestine for the study of obesity. Int J Obes (Lond). 2014;38:192-7 pubmed publisher..study demonstrates that gene expression levels of reference genes commonly used in obesity-related studies, such as ACTB or RPS18, are altered by changes in acute or chronic energy status...
- Shartava A, Korn W, Shah A, Goodman S. Irreversibly sickled cell beta-actin: defective filament formation. Am J Hematol. 1997;55:97-103 pubmed
- Cerna J, Cerecedo D, Ortega A, Garcia Sierra F, Centeno F, Garrido E, et al. Dystrophin Dp71f associates with the beta1-integrin adhesion complex to modulate PC12 cell adhesion. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:954-65 pubmed..Our data indicate that Dp71f is a structural component of the beta1-integrin adhesion complex of PC12 cells that modulates PC12 cell adhesion by conferring proper complex assembly and/or maintenance. ..
- Swijsen A, Nelissen K, Janssen D, Rigo J, Hoogland G. Validation of reference genes for quantitative real-time PCR studies in the dentate gyrus after experimental febrile seizures. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:685 pubmed publisher..Gene expression stability of 18S rRNA, ActB, GusB, Arbp, Tbp, CycA and Rpl13A was tested using geNorm and Normfinder software...
- Brown D, Dykes A, Black J, Thatcher S, Fultz M, Wright G. Differential actin isoform reorganization in the contracting A7r5 cell. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2006;84:867-75 pubmed..The results support our earlier conclusion of independent remodeling of alpha- and beta-actin cytoskeletal structure and suggest that the regulation of these structures is different. ..
- Chen Y, Lee N, Mruk D, Lee W, Cheng C. Fer kinase/FerT and adherens junction dynamics in the testis: an in vitro and in vivo study. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:656-72 pubmed..In summary, Fer kinase structurally associates with the N-cadherin/catenin protein complex in the testis and can possibly be used to mediate signaling function via the cadherin/catenin protein complex. ..
- Fiorini E, Schmitz I, Marissen W, Osborn S, Touma M, Sasada T, et al. Peptide-induced negative selection of thymocytes activates transcription of an NF-kappa B inhibitor. Mol Cell. 2002;9:637-48 pubmed..Retroviral transduction of I kappa BNS in fetal thymic organ culture enhances TCR-triggered cell death consistent with its function in selection. ..
- Kursula I, Kursula P, Ganter M, Panjikar S, Matuschewski K, Schüler H. Structural basis for parasite-specific functions of the divergent profilin of Plasmodium falciparum. Structure. 2008;16:1638-48 pubmed publisher..Together, our data establish the structural basis for understanding the functions of profilin in the malaria parasite. ..
- Schwander M, Kachar B, Muller U. Review series: The cell biology of hearing. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:9-20 pubmed publisher..The study of genes that are linked to deafness has provided insights into the cell biological mechanisms that control hair cell development and their function as mechanosensors. ..
- Toyama S. A variant form of beta-actin in a mutant of KB cells resistant to cytochalasin B. Cell. 1984;37:609-14 pubmed..These results suggest that the primary site of action of cytochalasin B on cellular motility processes is beta-actin. ..
- Okamoto K, Narayanan R, Lee S, Murata K, Hayashi Y. The role of CaMKII as an F-actin-bundling protein crucial for maintenance of dendritic spine structure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6418-23 pubmed..This finding indicates that CaMKII serves as a central signaling molecule in both functional and structural changes during synaptic plasticity. ..
- Li L, Tang E, Chen H, Lian Q, Ge R, Silvestrini B, et al. Sperm Release at Spermiation Is Regulated by Changes in the Organization of Actin- and Microtubule-Based Cytoskeletons at the Apical Ectoplasmic Specialization-A Study Using the Adjudin Model. Endocrinology. 2017;158:4300-4316 pubmed publisher..In summary, spermiation is a cytoskeletal-dependent event, involving regulatory proteins that modify cytoskeletal organization. ..
- Lardizábal M, Nocito A, Daniele S, Ornella L, Palatnik J, Veggi L. Reference genes for real-time PCR quantification of microRNAs and messenger RNAs in rat models of hepatotoxicity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36323 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we report that traditional reference genes such as U6 spliceosomal RNA, Beta Actin and Glyceraldehyde-3P-dehydrogenase altered their expression in response to classic hepatotoxins and therefore ..
- Zhang S, Buder K, Burkhardt C, Schlott B, Görlach M, Grosse F. Nuclear DNA helicase II/RNA helicase A binds to filamentous actin. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:843-53 pubmed..These results suggest an important function of NDH II in mediating the attachment of hnRNP-mRPP RNP complexes to the actin nucleoskeleton for RNA processing, transport, or other actin-related processes. ..
- Rocha Martins M, Njaine B, Silveira M. Avoiding pitfalls of internal controls: validation of reference genes for analysis by qRT-PCR and Western blot throughout rat retinal development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43028 pubmed publisher..The stability of expression of seven putative reference genes (Actb, B2m, Gapdh, Hprt1, Mapk1, Ppia and Rn18s) was analyzed using geNorm, BestKeeper and Normfinder software...
- Ji Y, Ferracci G, Warley A, Ward M, Leung K, Samsuddin S, et al. beta-Actin regulates platelet nitric oxide synthase 3 activity through interaction with heat shock protein 90. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:8839-44 pubmed..These observations suggest that beta-actin plays a critical role in regulating NO formation and signaling in platelets. ..
- Park F, Mattson D, Roberts L, Cowley A. Evidence for the presence of smooth muscle alpha-actin within pericytes of the renal medulla. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:R1742-8 pubmed
- Wyneken U, Smalla K, Marengo J, Soto D, de la Cerda A, Tischmeyer W, et al. Kainate-induced seizures alter protein composition and N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor function of rat forebrain postsynaptic densities. Neuroscience. 2001;102:65-74 pubmed..This rearrangement may accompany impairment of synaptic plasticity. ..
- Sekerkova G, Loomis P, Changyaleket B, Zheng L, Eytan R, Chen B, et al. Novel espin actin-bundling proteins are localized to Purkinje cell dendritic spines and bind the Src homology 3 adapter protein insulin receptor substrate p53. J Neurosci. 2003;23:1310-9 pubmed
- Lee S, Park J, Kim Y, Kim J, Shin K, Lee J, et al. Actin directly interacts with phospholipase D, inhibiting its activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28252-60 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that the regulation of PLD by cytoskeletal proteins, beta-actin and alpha-actinin, and ARF1 may play an important role in cytoskeleton-related PLD functions. ..
- Kaczmarski W, Barua M, Mazur Kolecka B, Frackowiak J, Dowjat W, Mehta P, et al. Intracellular distribution of differentially phosphorylated dual-specificity tyrosine phosphorylation-regulated kinase 1A (DYRK1A). J Neurosci Res. 2014;92:162-73 pubmed publisher..This study supports the hypothesis that intracellular distribution and compartment-specific functions of DYRK1A may depend on its phosphorylation pattern. ..
- Walder R, Wattiez A, White S, Marquez de Prado B, Hamity M, Hammond D. Validation of four reference genes for quantitative mRNA expression studies in a rat model of inflammatory injury. Mol Pain. 2014;10:55 pubmed publisher..The expression of hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase 1 (Hprt1), beta-actin (Actb), mitogen-activated protein kinase 6 (Mapk6), and beta-2-microglobulin (B2m) was quantified in the dorsal horn and ..
- Kukita T, Kukita A, Xu L, Toh K, Tang Q, Nomiyama H, et al. Extremely high expression of beta-actin mRNA in osteoclasts resorbing alveolar bone located at the distal area of the developing molar tooth germ in newborn rats. J Electron Microsc (Tokyo). 2003;52:545-50 pubmed
- Song K, Peterson Y, Freidman A, Blumer J, Sato M, Lanier S. Identification and characterization of a G-protein regulatory motif in WAVE1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1993-8 pubmed..The docking of Gialpha within a WAVE1 scaffolding complex may facilitate dynamic cycling and/or targeting for efficient and localized control of actin polymerization. ..
- Lund L, Machado V, McQuarrie I. Increased beta-actin and tubulin polymerization in regrowing axons: relationship to the conditioning lesion effect. Exp Neurol. 2002;178:306-12 pubmed
- Donnelly C, Park M, Spillane M, Yoo S, Pacheco A, Gomes C, et al. Axonally synthesized ?-actin and GAP-43 proteins support distinct modes of axonal growth. J Neurosci. 2013;33:3311-22 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that axonal translation of ?-actin mRNA supports axon branching and axonal translation of GAP-43 mRNA supports elongating growth. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, GARDINER A, Perrone Bizzozero N, Yoo S. Different motif requirements for the localization zipcode element of Î²-actin mRNA binding by HuD and ZBP1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:7432-46 pubmed publisher..On the basis of this work, we propose that ZBP1 and HuD bind to overlapping sites in the Î²-actin zipcode, but they recognize different features of this target sequence. ..
- Noda Y, Horikawa S, Katayama Y, Sasaki S. Water channel aquaporin-2 directly binds to actin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;322:740-5 pubmed..18x10(-8)M. In this experiment we have elucidated the direct binding of channel protein AQP2 to cytoskeletal protein actin, providing a novel mechanism for trafficking of not only AQP2 but also recycling channel proteins. ..
- Kállmán J, Pakaski M, Szucs S, Kalman S, Fazekas O, Santha P, et al. [The role of immobilization stress and sertindole on the expression of APP, MAPK-1 and beta-actin genes in rat brain]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2012;65:394-400 pubmed..The gene expression reducing effect of sertindole suggests that antipsychotic drugs may have a neuroprotective effect. ..
- Tang J, Li L, Li C, Wu J, Sun Y, Wang G. Upregulation of HO-1 with Haemin Alleviates LPS-Stimulated Pro-inflammatory Responses Through Downregulation of p38 Signalling Pathways in Rat Liver. Scand J Immunol. 2015;82:443-51 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that HO-1 is an anti-inflammation factor in LPS-stimulated liver, which regulate the inflammatory response through downregulation of p38 signalling pathways in rat liver. ..
- Perike S, Ozkucur N, Sharma P, Staroske W, Bläsche R, Barth K, et al. Phospho-NHE3 forms membrane patches and interacts with beta-actin to sense and maintain constant direction during cell migration. Exp Cell Res. 2014;324:13-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that NHE3 can act as a direction sensor for cells and that NHE3 phosphorylation in persistent directional cell migration does not involve PI3K/Akt during electrotaxis. ..
- Uetsuka S, Ogata G, Nagamori S, Isozumi N, Nin F, Yoshida T, et al. Molecular architecture of the stria vascularis membrane transport system, which is essential for physiological functions of the mammalian cochlea. Eur J Neurosci. 2015;42:1984-2002 pubmed publisher..These resources provide a platform for understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying the epithelial transport essential for cochlear function and the pathophysiological processes involved in hearing disorders. ..
- Luk J, Lee N, Shum C, Lam B, Siu A, Che C, et al. Acrosome-specific gene AEP1: identification, characterization and roles in spermatogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2006;209:755-66 pubmed..In short, AEP1 is an evolutionary-conserved acrosome-specific gene and likely functions in acrosome-cap formation. ..
- Suginta W, Karoulias N, Aitken A, Ashley R. Chloride intracellular channel protein CLIC4 (p64H1) binds directly to brain dynamin I in a complex containing actin, tubulin and 14-3-3 isoforms. Biochem J. 2001;359:55-64 pubmed..Our results provide the basis for new hypotheses concerning novel ways in which CLIC proteins might be associated with cell membrane remodelling, the control of cell shape, and anion channel activity. ..
- Nudel U, Zakut R, Shani M, Neuman S, Levy Z, Yaffe D. The nucleotide sequence of the rat cytoplasmic beta-actin gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1983;11:1759-71 pubmed..The usage of synonymous codons in the beta-actin gene is nonrandom, and is similar to that in the rat skeletal muscle and other vertebrate actin genes, but differs from the codon usage in yeast and soybean actin genes. ..
- Dhar S, Thota A, Rao M. Insights into role of bromodomain, testis-specific (Brdt) in acetylated histone H4-dependent chromatin remodeling in mammalian spermiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6387-405 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results indicate this interaction to be a vital step in the chromatin remodeling process during mammalian spermiogenesis. ..
- Bredow S, Guha Thakurta N, Taishi P, Obal F, Krueger J. Diurnal variations of tumor necrosis factor alpha mRNA and alpha-tubulin mRNA in rat brain. Neuroimmunomodulation. 1997;4:84-90 pubmed..The observed diurnal variations in TNF-alpha mRNA are consistent with the hypothesis that TNF has a physiological role in the brain. ..
- Li Y, Hu F, Chen H, Du Y, Xie Z, Zhang Y, et al. LIMK-dependent actin polymerization in primary sensory neurons promotes the development of inflammatory heat hyperalgesia in rats. Sci Signal. 2014;7:ra61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that LIMK-dependent actin rearrangement in primary sensory neurons, leading to altered TRPV1 sensitivity, is involved in the development of inflammatory hyperalgesia. ..
- Králová E, Doka G, Pivackova L, Srankova J, Kuracinova K, Janega P, et al. l-Arginine Attenuates Cardiac Dysfunction, But Further Down-Regulates Î±-Myosin Heavy Chain Expression in Isoproterenol-Induced Cardiomyopathy. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2015;117:251-60 pubmed publisher..The protection of contractile performance might be related to increased capacity for nitric oxide production and the up-regulation of MYH7 which may compensate for the marked down-regulation of the major MYH6 isoform. ..
- Honkura N, Matsuzaki M, Noguchi J, Ellis Davies G, Kasai H. The subspine organization of actin fibers regulates the structure and plasticity of dendritic spines. Neuron. 2008;57:719-29 pubmed publisher..Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II regulated this confinement. Thus, spines have an elaborate mechanical nature that is regulated by actin fibers. ..
- Schroer T. Dynactin. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2004;20:759-79 pubmed
- Santha P, Pakaski M, Fazekas O, Szucs S, Fodor E, Kalman S, et al. [Acute and chronic stress induced changes in gene transcriptions related to Alzheimer's disease]. Ideggyogy Sz. 2012;65:195-200 pubmed..These proteins maintain the normal function of the cytoskeleton and the synaptic plasticity. The above changes may lead to cognitive deterioration, and the development of AD. ..
- Bonham G. Prevalence of chronic skin and musculoskeletal conditions. United States-1976. Vital Health Stat 10. 1978;:i-iv, 1-57 pubmed
- Sato S, Xu J, Okuyama S, Martinez L, Walsh S, Jacobsen M, et al. Spatial learning impairment, enhanced CDK5/p35 activity, and downregulation of NMDA receptor expression in transgenic mice expressing tau-tubulin kinase 1. J Neurosci. 2008;28:14511-21 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that TTBK1 in AD brain may be one of the underlying mechanisms inducing CDK5 and calpain activation, NR2B downregulation, and subsequent memory dysfunction. ..
- MÃ©ndez L, Pazos M, Molinar Toribio E, SÃ¡nchez Martos V, Gallardo J, Rosa NoguÃ©s M, et al. Protein carbonylation associated to high-fat, high-sucrose diet and its metabolic effects. J Nutr Biochem. 2014;25:1243-53 pubmed publisher..The possible consequences that these specific protein carbonylations have on the excessive weight gain, insulin resistance and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease resulting from HFHS diet consumption are discussed. ..
- Sakai T, Liu L, Teng X, Mukai Sakai R, Shimada H, Kaji R, et al. Nucling recruits Apaf-1/pro-caspase-9 complex for the induction of stress-induced apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41131-40 pubmed..These findings suggest that Nucling recruits and transports the apoptosome complex during stress-induced apoptosis. ..
- Shimada T, Toriyama M, Uemura K, Kamiguchi H, Sugiura T, Watanabe N, et al. Shootin1 interacts with actin retrograde flow and L1-CAM to promote axon outgrowth. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:817-29 pubmed publisher..These results strengthen the actin flow-CAM linkage model ("clutch" model) for axon outgrowth and suggest that shootin1 is a key molecule involved in this mechanism. ..
- Tang E, Lee W, Cheng C. Coordination of Actin- and Microtubule-Based Cytoskeletons Supports Transport of Spermatids and Residual Bodies/Phagosomes During Spermatogenesis in the Rat Testis. Endocrinology. 2016;157:1644-59 pubmed publisher..In summary, spermatid/phagosome transport across the epithelium during spermatogenesis requires the coordination between actin- and MT-based cytoskeletons. ..
- Ma B, Savas J, Yu M, Culver B, Chao M, Tanese N. Huntingtin mediates dendritic transport of ?-actin mRNA in rat neurons. Sci Rep. 2011;1:140 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for Htt in participating in the mRNA transport machinery that also contains HAP1, KIF5A, and dynein. ..