Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acadvl
Description: acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, very long chain
Alias: VLCAD, very long-chain specific acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, mitochondrial, VLCAD very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, Very long chain Acyl-Coa dehydrogenase, acyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, very long chain
- Pruitt K, Maglott D. RefSeq and LocusLink: NCBI gene-centered resources. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:137-40 pubmed..Additional information about LocusLink and RefSeq is available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/LocusLink/. ..
- Exil V, Silva Avila D, Benedetto A, Exil E, Adams M, Au C, et al. Stressed-induced TMEM135 protein is part of a conserved genetic network involved in fat storage and longevity regulation in Caenorhabditis elegans. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14228 pubmed publisher..elegans). We have previously documented a mouse model of mitochondrial very-long chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (VLCAD) deficiency...
- Przkora R, Haslbeck M, Jeschke M, Heyde C, Ertel W, Herndon D, et al. Heat stress modulates hepatocyte membrane proteins during endotoxemia. Burns. 2007;33:628-33 pubmed..The majority of the spots developed 24h after injection. Membrane proteins; Wnt 13, ribosomal protein L14, VLCAD, BHMT and HIT-40 were found only in HS-LPS. Protein profiles of the groups returned to normal after 72 h...
- Jia X, Naito H, Yetti H, Tamada H, Kitamori K, Hayashi Y, et al. The modulation of hepatic adenosine triphosphate and inflammation by eicosapentaenoic acid during severe fibrotic progression in the SHRSP5/Dmcr rat model. Life Sci. 2012;90:934-43 pubmed publisher..Additionally, this study provides new insights into the roles of EPA in hepatic ATP depletion and subsequent hepatocellular injury during severe fibrosis. ..
- Bána J, Kralik J. [1st experiences with complex analysis of urinary calculi]. Rozhl Chir. 1978;57:813-20 pubmed
- Izai K, Uchida Y, Orii T, Yamamoto S, Hashimoto T. Novel fatty acid beta-oxidation enzymes in rat liver mitochondria. I. Purification and properties of very-long-chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1027-33 pubmed..The specific enzyme activity was greater than 10 times that of long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase when palmitoyl-CoA was used as substrate. We propose the name "very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase" for this enzyme. ..
- Sauer S, Okun J, Schwab M, Crnic L, Hoffmann G, Goodman S, et al. Bioenergetics in glutaryl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase deficiency: a role for glutaryl-coenzyme A. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21830-6 pubmed..In conclusion, our results demonstrate that bioenergetic impairment may play an important role in the pathomechanisms underlying neurodegenerative changes in glutaryl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency. ..
- Ensenauer R, He M, Willard J, Goetzman E, Corydon T, Vandahl B, et al. Human acyl-CoA dehydrogenase-9 plays a novel role in the mitochondrial beta-oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32309-16 pubmed..Because of the substrate specificity and abundance of ACAD-9 in brain, we speculate that it may play a role in the turnover of lipid membrane unsaturated fatty acids that are essential for membrane integrity and structure. ..