Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acads
Description: acyl-CoA dehydrogenase short chain
Alias: Scad, short-chain specific acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, mitochondrial, acetyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, short chain, acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, C-2 to C-3 short chain, acyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, C-2 to C-3 short chain, acyl-Coenzyme A dehydrogenase, short chain, butyryl-CoA dehydrogenase, short chain acyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase, short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase
- Matsubara Y, Indo Y, Naito E, Ozasa H, Glassberg R, Vockley J, et al. Molecular cloning and nucleotide sequence of cDNAs encoding the precursors of rat long chain acyl-coenzyme A, short chain acyl-coenzyme A, and isovaleryl-coenzyme A dehydrogenases. Sequence homology of four enzymes of the acyl-CoA dehydrogenase famil. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:16321-31 pubmed..encoding the entire coding regions of the precursors (p) of rat long chain acyl-CoA (LCAD), short chain acyl-CoA (SCAD) and isovaleryl-CoA dehydrogenase (IVD) have been cloned and sequenced...
- Dabrowski Z, Gregorczyk J, Samochowiec L, Wojcicki J, Lawczynski L, Antoszczyk M, et al. [Effect of truncal vagotomy on the exocrine function of the pancreas in the dog]. Pol Tyg Lek. 1978;33:1093-5 pubmed
- Dakoji S, Shin I, Battaile K, Vockley J, Liu H. Redesigning the active-site of an acyl-CoA dehydrogenase: new evidence supporting a one-base mechanism. Bioorg Med Chem. 1997;5:2157-64 pubmed..These results, in conjunction with molecular modeling of the native and double mutant SCAD indicate that the catalytic base in the E1 and E2 sites are topologically similar and catalytically competent...
- Ghisla S, Thorpe C. Acyl-CoA dehydrogenases. A mechanistic overview. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:494-508 pubmed..These views are also discussed in the context of the accompanying paper on the three-dimensional properties of acyl-CoA dehydrogenases. ..
- Lamhonwah A, Tein I. Novel localization of OCTN1, an organic cation/carnitine transporter, to mammalian mitochondria. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;345:1315-25 pubmed..This suggests an important yet different role for OCTN1 from other OCTN family members in intracellular carnitine homeostasis. ..
- Kitayama K, Tanimoto T, Koga T, Terasaka N, Fujioka T, Inaba T. Importance of acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1/2 dual inhibition for anti-atherosclerotic potency of pactimibe. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;540:121-30 pubmed..Despite similar cholesterol lowering, fatty streak area reduction was greater by 10 mg/kg. These results suggest that ACAT1/2 dual inhibitor pactimibe has anti-atherosclerotic potential beyond its plasma cholesterol-lowering activity. ..
- Huang J, Xu L, Huang Q, Luo J, Liu P, Chen S, et al. Changes in short-chain acyl-coA dehydrogenase during rat cardiac development and stress. J Cell Mol Med. 2015;19:1672-88 pubmed publisherThis study was designed to investigate the expression of short-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase (SCAD), a key enzyme of fatty acid Î²-oxidation, during rat heart development and the difference of SCAD between pathological and physiological ..
- Ikeda Y, Okamura Ikeda K, Tanaka K. Purification and characterization of short-chain, medium-chain, and long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenases from rat liver mitochondria. Isolation of the holo- and apoenzymes and conversion of the apoenzyme to the holoenzyme. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:1311-25 pubmed..In the presence of electron-transfer flavoprotein or phenazine methosulfate, 2-enoyl-CoAs were identified as products from the corresponding enzyme/acyl-CoA reactions. ..