Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acacb
Description: acetyl-CoA carboxylase beta
Alias: Acc2, acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2, acetyl-Coenzyme A carboxylase 2, acetyl-Coenzyme A carboxylase beta
- Kim C, Moon Y, Park S, Cheng D, Kwon H, Horton J. Induced polymerization of mammalian acetyl-CoA carboxylase by MIG12 provides a tertiary level of regulation of fatty acid synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9626-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to its regulation by phosphorylation and transcription, ACC is regulated at a tertiary level by MIG12, which facilitates ACC polymerization and enhances enzymatic activity. ..
- Janovska A, Hatzinikolas G, Staikopoulos V, McInerney J, Mano M, Wittert G. AMPK and ACC phosphorylation: effect of leptin, muscle fibre type and obesity. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;284:1-10 pubmed publisher..AMPK activation by leptin occurred independently of energy-related metabolites. These data demonstrate that the leptin effect on AMPKalpha and ACCbeta is muscle fibre type dependent and fails in diet-induced obesity. ..
- Cheng D, Chu C, Chen L, Feder J, Mintier G, Wu Y, et al. Expression, purification, and characterization of human and rat acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase (ACC) isozymes. Protein Expr Purif. 2007;51:11-21 pubmedAcetyl coenzyme A (acetyl-CoA) carboxylase isozyme 1 (ACC1) and acetyl-CoA carboxylase isozyme 2 (ACC2) are critical for de novo fatty acid synthesis and for the regulation of beta-oxidation...
- Dabrowski Z, Gregorczyk J, Samochowiec L, Wojcicki J, Lawczynski L, Antoszczyk M, et al. [Effect of truncal vagotomy on the exocrine function of the pancreas in the dog]. Pol Tyg Lek. 1978;33:1093-5 pubmed
- Rathman S, Gregory J, McMahon R. Pharmacological biotin supplementation maintains biotin status and function in rats administered dietary carbamazepine. J Nutr. 2003;133:2857-62 pubmed..These results support the use of biotin supplementation as a concurrent strategy during CBZ administration to help maintain biotin status, function of biotin-dependent enzymes and decrease CBZ-induced lactate accumulation. ..
- Abu Elheiga L, Oh W, Kordari P, Wakil S. Acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2 mutant mice are protected against obesity and diabetes induced by high-fat/high-carbohydrate diets. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:10207-12 pubmedMalonyl-CoA, generated by acetyl-CoA carboxylases ACC1 and ACC2, is a key metabolite in the control of fatty acid synthesis and oxidation in response to dietary changes...
- Abu Elheiga L, Matzuk M, Abo Hashema K, Wakil S. Continuous fatty acid oxidation and reduced fat storage in mice lacking acetyl-CoA carboxylase 2. Science. 2001;291:2613-6 pubmedMalonyl-coenzyme A (malonyl-CoA), generated by acetyl-CoA carboxylases ACC1 and ACC2, is a key metabolite in the regulation of energy homeostasis...
- Colbert C, Kim C, Moon Y, Henry L, Palnitkar M, McKean W, et al. Crystal structure of Spot 14, a modulator of fatty acid synthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18820-5 pubmed publisher..The structure of S14 suggests a mechanism whereby heterodimer formation with MIG12 attenuates the ability of MIG12 to activate ACC. ..
- Widmer J, Fassihi K, Schlichter S, Wheeler K, Crute B, King N, et al. Identification of a second human acetyl-CoA carboxylase gene. Biochem J. 1996;316 ( Pt 3):915-22 pubmed..The newly discovered human gene and its rat homologue appear to be under different regulatory control to the HACC265 gene, as judged by tissue-specific expression in vivo and by independent modulation in cultured cells in vitro. ..
- Liang Y, She P, Wang X, Demarest K. The messenger RNA profiles in liver, hypothalamus, white adipose tissue, and skeletal muscle of female Zucker diabetic fatty rats after topiramate treatment. Metabolism. 2006;55:1411-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that TPM regulates hepatic expression of genes involved in lipid metabolism, which could be part of the mechanisms by which TPM reduces plasma triglyceride levels in obese diabetic rodents. ..
- Essop M, Camp H, Choi C, Sharma S, Fryer R, Reinhart G, et al. Reduced heart size and increased myocardial fuel substrate oxidation in ACC2 mutant mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H256-65 pubmed publisherThe cardiac-enriched isoform of acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC2) is a key regulator of mitochondrial fatty acid (FA) uptake via carnitine palmitoyltransferase 1 (CPT1)...
- Savage D, Choi C, Samuel V, Liu Z, Zhang D, Wang A, et al. Reversal of diet-induced hepatic steatosis and hepatic insulin resistance by antisense oligonucleotide inhibitors of acetyl-CoA carboxylases 1 and 2. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:817-24 pubmed..Malonyl-CoA, generated by acetyl-CoA carboxylases 1 and 2 (Acc1 and Acc2), is a key regulator of both mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation and fat synthesis...
- Ullrich C, Widmer J, Park J, Mohandas T, Witters L. Assignment of acetyl-CoA carboxylase-beta (ACACB) to human chromosome band 12q24.1 by in situ hybridization. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;77:176-7 pubmed
- Imbriolo J, Mapanga R, Essop M. The hexosamine biosynthetic pathway induces gene promoter activity of acetyl-CoA carboxylase beta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:734-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that such ACCÎ² induction may elicit serious downstream effects, e.g. the inhibition of FA Î²-oxidation and the onset of IR. ..
- Rubink D, Winder W. Effect of phosphorylation by AMP-activated protein kinase on palmitoyl-CoA inhibition of skeletal muscle acetyl-CoA carboxylase. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;98:1221-7 pubmed..This may contribute to low-muscle malonyl-CoA values and increasing fatty acid oxidation rates during long-term exercise when plasma fatty acid concentrations are elevated. ..
- Gao S, Kinzig K, Aja S, Scott K, Keung W, Kelly S, et al. Leptin activates hypothalamic acetyl-CoA carboxylase to inhibit food intake. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:17358-63 pubmed..Together, these findings highlight site-specific impacts of hypothalamic ACC activation in leptin's anorectic signaling cascade. ..
- Oh S, Lee M, Kim J, Yoon S, Shin S, Park Y, et al. Alternative usages of multiple promoters of the acetyl-CoA carboxylase beta gene are related to differential transcriptional regulation in human and rodent tissues. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:5909-16 pubmed..This study is the first to explain the mechanisms underlying the differential regulation of ACCbeta gene expression between tissues in living organisms. ..
- Abe K, Shinohara Y, Terada H. Isolation and characterization of cDNA encoding rat heart type acetyl-CoA carboxylase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1398:347-52 pubmed..As the deduced amino acid sequence showed 85% homology with that of human type 2 acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACC2), we concluded that the cDNA clones encode rat heart type ACC2...
- Watson J. The Warble Fly Orders. Vet Rec. 1978;103:354-5 pubmed..During this period no infested cattle may be moved, even to a slaughterhouse, unless they have been treated and are accompanied by a statutory declaration of treatment. ..