Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acaa1a
Description: acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 1A
Alias: Acaa, Acaa1, Pktaa, 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase A, peroxisomal, Acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 3-oxo acyl-CoA thiolase A peroxisomal, acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 1, acetyl-CoA acyltransferase 3-oxo acyl-CoA thiolase A 1 peroxisomal, acetyl-CoA acyltransferase A, acetyl-CoA acyltransferase, 3-oxo acyl-CoA thiolase A, acetyl-Coenzyme A acyltransferase 1 (peroxisomal 3-oxoacyl-Coenzyme A thiolase), acetyl-Coenzyme A acyltransferase 1A, beta-ketothiolase A, peroxisomal 3-oxoacyl-CoA thiolase A
- Khan S, Nyce J. Effects of ubiquinone and mevalonic acid on hepatic peroxisomal enzymes induced by dehydroepiandrosterone. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1997;80:118-21 pubmed..These data suggest that exogenous administration of ubiquinone or mevalonic acid can modulate the induction of the enzymes involved in peroxisome proliferation. ..
- Ferdinandusse S, Denis S, Mooijer P, Zhang Z, Reddy J, Spector A, et al. Identification of the peroxisomal beta-oxidation enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of docosahexaenoic acid. J Lipid Res. 2001;42:1987-95 pubmed..These findings are of importance for the treatment of patients with a defect in peroxisomal beta-oxidation. ..
- Heikoop J, Ossendorp B, Wanders R, Wirtz K, Tager J. Subcellular localisation and processing of non-specific lipid transfer protein are not aberrant in Rhizomelic Chondrodysplasia Punctata fibroblasts. FEBS Lett. 1992;299:201-4 pubmed..Thus the component of the import machinery defective in RCDP is not required for the import of nsLTP into peroxisomes. ..
- Bodnar A, Rachubinski R. Cloning and sequence determination of cDNA encoding a second rat liver peroxisomal 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase. Gene. 1990;91:193-9 pubmed..1.7 kb in size. The mRNA encoding thiolase 2 is induced approx. twofold upon treatment of rats with the peroxisome-proliferating drug, clofibrate. In contrast, the thiolase 1 mRNA is induced more than tenfold under similar conditions. ..
- Clayton P, Patel E, Lawson A, Carruthers R, Collins J. Bile acid profiles in peroxisomal 3-oxoacyl-coenzyme A thiolase deficiency. J Clin Invest. 1990;85:1267-73 pubmed..The results provide evidence for peroxisomal pathways for cholic acid synthesis in man via THCA, delta 24-THCA and varanic acid and show that bile acid analyses can be used to diagnose peroxisomal thiolase deficiency. ..
- Heikoop J, van Roermund C, Just W, Ofman R, Schutgens R, Heymans H, et al. Rhizomelic chondrodysplasia punctata. Deficiency of 3-oxoacyl-coenzyme A thiolase in peroxisomes and impaired processing of the enzyme. J Clin Invest. 1990;86:126-30 pubmed..However, the capacity of the peroxisomes to oxidize very-long-chain fatty acids must be sufficient to prevent excessive accumulation of these compounds in vivo...
- Onay Besikci A, Guner S, Arioglu E, Ozakca I, Ozcelikay A, Altan V. The effects of chronic trimetazidine treatment on mechanical function and fatty acid oxidation in diabetic rat hearts. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2007;85:527-35 pubmed..A detailed kinetic analysis of 3-KAT using different concentrations of fatty acid will determine the fatty acid inhibitory concentration of TMZ in diabetic state where plasma fatty acid levels are increased. ..