Gene Symbol: VEGFA
Description: vascular endothelial growth factor A
- VEGF induces TGF-β1 expression and myofibroblast transformation after glaucoma surgeryHae Young L Park
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Am J Pathol 182:2147-54. 2013..Myofibroblast transformation has a significant role in fibrosis, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is reported to trigger myofibroblast transformation by inducing transforming growth factor (TGF)-β1...
- Modified model of VX2 tumor overexpressing vascular endothelial growth factorFlorentina Pascale
ArchimMed Paris, France
J Vasc Interv Radiol 23:809-817.e2. 2012To determine whether upregulated expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in VX2 cells can increase vessel density (VD) and reduce tumor necrosis.
- Detection of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in moderate osteoarthritis in a rabbit modelH Jansen
Department of Trauma, Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University Clinics Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany jansen
Ann Anat 194:452-6. 2012Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is detectable in later stages of human osteoarthritis (OA), but not in the healthy articular cartilage...
- Role of vascular endothelial growth factor in the breakdown of the blood-aqueous barrier after retinal laser photocoagulation in pigmented rabbitsMuh Shy Chen
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:83-8. 2012..The effect of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) on the function of the blood-aqueous barrier after retinal laser photocoagulation remains undetermined...
- CD34+ cell mobilization and upregulation of myocardial cytokines in a rabbit model of myocardial ischemiaQingbin Zhao
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College in Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, China
Int J Cardiol 152:18-23. 2011..In this study, we investigate stem cell mobilization and homing in ischemic myocardium, and investigate the involvement of cytokines TNFα and VEGF in this process.
- VEGF modulates angiogenesis and osteogenesis in shockwave-promoted fracture healing in rabbitsChing Jen Wang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Surg Res 171:114-9. 2011Strong vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression of osteoprogenitors was found in callus site during fracture healing...
- Changes in femoral head blood supply and vascular endothelial growth factor in rabbits with steroid-induced osteonecrosisG Wang
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
J Int Med Res 38:1060-9. 2010..of this study was to investigate changes in the femoral head blood supply and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) protein levels following steroid-induced ON of rabbit femoral heads in the early stage of the disease, and to ..
- [Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and microvessel density in rabbit radius defects repaired with allogeneic and autogenic bone]Yao Wang
Department of Rehabilitation, the Second Hospital of Tangshan, Tangshan Hebei, 063000, P R China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:230-4. 2010To investigate the expression levels and significance of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and microvessel density (MVD) in rabbit radius defects repaired with allogeneic and autogenic bone.
- Antenatal fetal VEGF therapy to promote pulmonary maturation in a preterm rabbit modelA Debeer
Centre for Surgical Technologies, Faculty of Medicine, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Early Hum Dev 86:99-105. 2010To assess the effects of fetal tracheal administration of VEGF on pulmonary maturation in a preterm rabbit model.
- MVD and VEGF expression in the acute liver injury treated with allogeneic MBMCs transplantationQuanliang Shang
Department of Radiology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 34:697-704. 2009To investigate the dynamical expression of vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF)and the value of microvessel density (MVD) in acute liver injury model after the transplantation of mononuclear bone marrow cells (MBMCs).
- Vitreous vascular endothelial growth factor level during gestationIlgın Türkçüoğlu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Inonu University School of Medicine, 44100 Malatya, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:417-21. 2010To evaluate the vitreous VEGF level alterations and its correlation with its plasma level if any, in gestation.
- Sustained vascular endothelial growth factor blockade by antivascular endothelial growth factor antibodies results in nonunion in the process of fracture healing in rabbitsTongwei Chu
Third Military Medical University of Chinaa, Chongqing, China
J Trauma 66:1180-3. 2009To study the role of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the process of fracture healing and the effect of VEGF and anti-VEGF polyclonal antibody on fracture healing.
- Nicotine potentiates vascular endothelial growth factor expression in balloon-injured rabbit aortasYao Zhen
Department of Cardiology, Affiliated Hospital, Hainan Medical College, Haikou, People s Republic of China
Growth Factors 26:284-92. 2008Both nicotine and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) have been proposed to play an important role in the development and progression of atherosclerosis...
- Inhibition of VEGF expression and corneal neovascularization by siRNA targeting cytochrome P450 4B1Francesca Seta
Department of Pharmacology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 84:116-27. 2007..The decreased neovascular response in CYP4B1 siRNA-treated eyes was associated with a 75% reduction in corneal VEGF mRNA levels. Transfection of rabbit corneal epithelial cells with CYP4B1 cDNA induced VEGF expression...
- Enhanced local production of vascular endothelial growth factor is not sufficient to increase peritoneal permeability to protein during acute peritonitisJohn K Leypoldt
Research Service, VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5350, USA
Transl Res 150:130-7. 2007Dialysate concentrations of inflammatory mediators and growth factors, such as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), are increased during acute peritonitis in peritoneal dialysis patients; however, it can be difficult to determine ..
- Lineage-specific effects of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) on gene expression in the rabbit blastocystIna Clausen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Faculty of Medicine, Grosse Steinstrasse 52, D 06097 Halle Saale, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 20:47-56. 2005..Our results show that transcriptional responses to PCBs differ between the cell lineages of the rabbit blastocyst, indicating that PCBs can influence the highly sensitive process of early mammalian development...
- Sequential increases in capillarization and mitochondrial enzymes in low-frequency-stimulated rabbit muscleD Skorjanc
Faculty of Biology, University of Konstanz, Germany
Am J Physiol 274:C810-8. 1998..In addition, tissue levels of mRNA specific to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) were assessed by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...