Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hopAB2
Description: type III effector HopAB2
Alias: PSPTO3087, type III effector HopAB2
Species: Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato str. DC3000
- Navarro L, Jay F, Nomura K, He S, Voinnet O. Suppression of the microRNA pathway by bacterial effector proteins. Science. 2008;321:964-7 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that, like viruses, bacteria have evolved to suppress RNA silencing to cause disease. ..
- Rosebrock T, Zeng L, Brady J, Abramovitch R, Xiao F, Martin G. A bacterial E3 ubiquitin ligase targets a host protein kinase to disrupt plant immunity. Nature. 2007;448:370-4 pubmed..Various wild species of tomato were found to exhibit immunity in response to AvrPtoB(1-387 )and not to full-length AvrPtoB. Thus, by acquiring an E3 ligase domain, AvrPtoB has thwarted a highly conserved host resistance mechanism. ..
- Abramovitch R, Janjusevic R, Stebbins C, Martin G. Type III effector AvrPtoB requires intrinsic E3 ubiquitin ligase activity to suppress plant cell death and immunity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2851-6 pubmed..Overall, these data reveal a unique bacterial pathogenesis strategy, where AvrPtoB manipulates the host Ub system and requires intrinsic E3 Ub ligase activity to suppress plant immunity. ..
- Hann D, Rathjen J. Early events in the pathogenicity of Pseudomonas syringae on Nicotiana benthamiana. Plant J. 2007;49:607-18 pubmed..This observation separates the respective mechanisms of the two effectors, and suggests that AvrPtoB may target the defence machinery directly for its suppressive effect. ..
- Janjusevic R, Abramovitch R, Martin G, Stebbins C. A bacterial inhibitor of host programmed cell death defenses is an E3 ubiquitin ligase. Science. 2006;311:222-6 pubmed..These results show that Pseudomonas syringae uses a mimic of host E3 ubiquitin ligases to inactivate plant defenses. ..
- de Torres Zabala M, Truman W, Bennett M, Lafforgue G, Mansfield J, Rodriguez Egea P, et al. Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato hijacks the Arabidopsis abscisic acid signalling pathway to cause disease. EMBO J. 2007;26:1434-43 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a major virulence strategy is effector-mediated manipulation of plant hormone homeostasis, which leads to the suppression of defence responses...
- Ntoukakis V, Mucyn T, Gimenez Ibanez S, Chapman H, Gutierrez J, Balmuth A, et al. Host inhibition of a bacterial virulence effector triggers immunity to infection. Science. 2009;324:784-7 pubmed publisher..Pto avoids this by phosphorylating and inactivating the AvrPtoB E3 domain. Thus, inactivation of a pathogen virulence molecule is one mechanism by which plants resist disease. ..
- de Vries J, Andriotis V, Wu A, Rathjen J. Tomato Pto encodes a functional N-myristoylation motif that is required for signal transduction in Nicotiana benthamiana. Plant J. 2006;45:31-45 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this idea, AvrPtoB was also found to be a soluble protein. The data indicate an important role(s) for the myristoylated N-terminus in Pto signalling...