Gene Symbol: PEDVgp2
Description: spike protein
Species: Porcine epidemic diarrhea virus
- Mutation in the cytoplasmic retrieval signal of porcine epidemic diarrhea virus spike (S) protein is responsible for enhanced fusion activityKazuya Shirato
Laboratory of Acute Respiratory Viral Diseases and Cytokines, Department of Virology III, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 4 7 1 Gakuen, Musashimurayama, Tokyo 208 0011, Japan
Virus Res 161:188-93. 2011..Loss of this motif could allow for the efficient transfer of S proteins from ERGIC onto the cell surface and subsequent increased fusion activity...
- Receptor-bound porcine epidemic diarrhea virus spike protein cleaved by trypsin induces membrane fusionJung Eun Park
Laboratory of Infectious Diseases, Animal Hospital, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University, 220 Gungdong, Yuseong, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Arch Virol 156:1749-56. 2011..These findings strongly suggest that the PEDV S protein may undergo a conformational change after receptor binding and cleavage by exogenous trypsin, which induces membrane fusion...
- The GPRLQPY motif located at the carboxy-terminal of the spike protein induces antibodies that neutralize Porcine epidemic diarrhea virusDeu John M Cruz
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Virus Res 132:192-6. 2008..In addition, antiS-CT24 antibodies exhibited neutralizing activities against KPEDV-9 in focus reduction neutralization tests suggesting that the GPRLQPY motif induces neutralizing antibodies against PEDV...
- Sequence analysis of the partial spike glycoprotein gene of porcine epidemic diarrhea viruses isolated in KoreaSeong Jun Park
Department of Veterinary Medicine Virology Lab, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Gwanak Gu, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Virus Genes 35:321-32. 2007....
- Cloning and further sequence analysis of the spike gene of attenuated porcine epidemic diarrhea virus DR13Seong Jun Park
Department of Veterinary Medicine Virology Lab, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Gwanak Gu, Seoul, 151 742, Korea
Virus Genes 35:55-64. 2007..Phylogenetic analysis suggested that attenuated PEDV DR13 is closely related to CV777, Br1/87, JS-2004-2 and parent DR13, rather than to Spk1 and Chinju99 and is especially close to the Chinese PEDV strain JS-2004-2...
- Completion of the porcine epidemic diarrhoea coronavirus (PEDV) genome sequenceR Kocherhans
Virologisches Institut der Veterinär Medizinischen Fakultät, Universitat Zurich
Virus Genes 23:137-44. 2001..These results thus confirm and extend the findings from sequence analysis of the structural genes of PEDV...
- Further analysis of the genome of porcine epidemic diarrhoea virusA Bridgen
Institute of Virology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Adv Exp Med Biol 440:781-6. 1998....
- PEDV leader sequence and junction sitesK Tobler
Institute of Virology, Vet Med Faculty, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Adv Exp Med Biol 380:541-2. 1995
- Sequence determination of the nucleocapsid protein gene of the porcine epidemic diarrhoea virus confirms that this virus is a coronavirus related to human coronavirus 229E and porcine transmissible gastroenteritis virusA Bridgen
Institut fur Virologie, Veterinärmedizinische Fakultät, Universitat Zurich, Switzerland
J Gen Virol 74:1795-804. 1993..Several RNA motifs typical of coronaviruses were also observed. These results confirm the earlier provisional classification of PEDV as a coronavirus...
- Sequence analysis of the porcine epidemic diarrhea virus genome between the nucleocapsid and spike protein genes reveals a polymorphic ORFM Duarte
I N R A Unité de Virologie et Immunologie Moléculaires, CR de Jouy en Josas, France
Virology 198:466-76. 1994..The function of these polypeptides is not known, but the predicted products of the PEDV ORF3 and related ORFs share features suggestive of a membrane-associated protein...