Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TP53
Description: tumor protein p53
Alias: P53, cellular tumor antigen p53, tumor suppressor p53
- Zhang H, Huang Y, Du Q, Luo X, Zhang L, Zhao X, et al. Porcine parvovirus infection induces apoptosis in PK-15 cells through activation of p53 and mitochondria-mediated pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;456:649-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, PPV infection activated p53 signaling, which was involved in the activation of apoptotic signaling induced by PPV infection via regulation of ..
- Rettenberger G, Klett C, Hameister H. Localization of the tumour protein, TP53, on porcine chromosome 12q12-q14. Anim Genet. 1993;24:307-9 pubmedA human cDNA probe of the tumour protein p53 (TP53) was used to localize the homologous porcine gene by in situ hybridization. The gene was mapped to chromosome 12q12-q14...
- Hussein M, Bedaiwy M, Falcone T. Analysis of apoptotic cell death, Bcl-2, and p53 protein expression in freshly fixed and cryopreserved ovarian tissue after exposure to warm ischemia. Fertil Steril. 2006;85 Suppl 1:1082-92 pubmedTo evaluate the effect of ischemia time on the expression of Bcl-2 and p53 proteins on freshly fixed and cryopreserved-thawed ovarian tissue. Experimental study using porcine animal model...
- Kim S, Kim J, Moon J, Choi B, Kim T, Kim K, et al. Transcriptional alteration of p53 related processes as a key factor for skeletal muscle characteristics in Sus scrofa. Mol Cells. 2009;28:565-73 pubmed publisher..in above-mentioned categories included a large number of genes encoding proteins directly or indirectly involved in p53 pathway. Our results indicated a possible role of p53 to determine muscle characteristics between these two breeds.
- Sirotkin A, Dekanová P, Harrath A, Alwasel S, Vasicek D. Interrelationships between sirtuin 1 and transcription factors p53 and NF-?B (p50/p65) in the control of ovarian cell apoptosis and proliferation. Cell Tissue Res. 2014;358:627-32 pubmed publisherThe roles of the mTOR system enzyme sirtuin 1 (SIRT1), the transcription factor p53 and the nuclear factor kappaB (NF-?B) and their interrelationships in the control of ovarian function have not been well studied...