Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPARG
Description: peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma
Alias: peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma, PPAR-gamma, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group C member 3, peroxisome proliferator activatived receptor gamma, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 1, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 2
- Rak Mardyła A, Drwal E. In vitro interaction between resistin and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? in porcine ovarian follicles. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2016;28:357-68 pubmed publisher..Resistin significantly increased the expression of PPAR?, whereas PPAR? decreased resistin expression; thus, PPAR? is a new key regulator of resistin expression and function. ..
- Song C, Yao J, Cao C, Liang X, Huang J, Han Z, et al. PPAR? is regulated by miR-27b-3p negatively and plays an important role in porcine oocyte maturation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;479:224-230 pubmed publisher..These data increased our understanding of the regulatory gene networks in porcine oocyte maturation and development. ..
- Shan T, Ren Y, Wang Y. Sirtuin 1 affects the transcriptional expression of adipose triglyceride lipase in porcine adipocytes. J Anim Sci. 2013;91:1247-54 pubmed publisher..In summary, Sirt1 regulates the transcriptional expression of ATGL in adipocytes, and PPAR? appears to have an important role in this process. These results add to our understanding of the role of Sirt1 in adipose mobilization. ..
- Bogacka I, Bogacki M. The quantitative expression of peroxisome proliferator activated receptor (PPAR) genes in porcine endometrium through the estrous cycle and early pregnancy. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62:559-65 pubmed..The decrease of both transcripts concentration on days 10-12 and 22-30 days in pregnant gilts implicates their role in maternal recognition of pregnancy and the end of implantation, respectively...
- Long Q, Lei T, Feng B, Yin C, Jin D, Wu Y, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma increases adiponectin secretion via transcriptional repression of endoplasmic reticulum chaperone protein ERp44. Endocrinology. 2010;151:3195-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicated that PPARgamma is an essential regulatory factor for the transcriptional activity of ERp44, which in turn controls the secretion of adiponectin...
- Liu Y, Shi J, Lu J, Meng G, Zhu H, Hou Y, et al. Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma potentiates pro-inflammatory cytokine production, and adrenal and somatotropic changes of weaned pigs after Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide challenge. Innate Immun. 2009;15:169-78 pubmed publisher..Our results raise doubts about the prevalently accepted anti-inflammatory role for PPAR-g activation. ..
- Wang G, Kong L, Hu P, Fu J, Wang A. Effect of polymorphism in the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma gene on litter size of pigs. Mol Biol Rep. 2011;38:1807-12 pubmed publisher..05). And at P7 locus, the TNB and NBA of each parity of genotype AA were both about 2 piglets per litter more than those of BB (P < 0.05). The results indicated that PPAR? gene was significantly associated with litter size in pigs. ..
- Wan X, Wang S, Xu J, Zhuang L, Xing K, Zhang M, et al. Dietary protein-induced hepatic IGF-1 secretion mediated by PPAR? activation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173174 pubmed publisher..In summary, PPAR? plays an important role in the regulation of IGF-1 secretion and gene expression in response to dietary protein. ..
- Yang H, Cheng J, Song Z, Li X, Zhang Z, Mai Y, et al. The anti-adipogenic effect of PGRN on porcine preadipocytes involves ERK1,2 mediated PPAR? phosphorylation. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:6863-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PGRN inhibits adipogenesis in porcine preadipocytes partially through ERK activation mediated PPAR? phosphorylation. ..
- Zhang J, Peng X, Yuan A, Xie Y, Yang Q, Xue L. Peroxisome proliferatorâ€‘activated receptor Î³ mediates porcine placental angiogenesis through hypoxia inducible factorâ€‘, vascular endothelial growth factorâ€‘ and angiopoietinâ€‘mediated signaling. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:2636-2644 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study suggested that PPARÎ³ may mediate porcine placental angiogenesis, by interfering with HIFâ€‘, VEGFâ€‘ and angiopoietinâ€‘mediated signaling pathways. ..
- Omi T, Brenig B, Spilar Kramer S, Iwamoto S, Stranzinger G, Neuenschwander S. Identification and characterization of novel peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) transcriptional variants in pig and human. J Anim Breed Genet. 2005;122 Suppl 1:45-53 pubmed..We hypothesize that there are three promoters, which differentially regulate PPAR-gamma1 and PPAR-gamma2 gene expression, depending on the specific localization of the fat tissue. ..
- Wei W, Sun W, Han H, Chu W, Zhang L, Chen J. miR-130a regulates differential lipid accumulation between intramuscular and subcutaneous adipose tissues of pigs via suppressing PPARG expression. Gene. 2017;636:23-29 pubmed publisher..intramuscular (IM) and subcutaneous (SC) fat tissues of pigs, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARG) expression levels were compared in these two types of adipose tissues...
- Bogacka I, Bogacki M, Kurzynska A, Chojnowska K. The involvement of peroxisome proliferator activated receptors (PPARs) in prostaglandin F2? production by porcine endometrium. Reprod Biol. 2013;13:309-16 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that PPARs are involved in the production of PGF2? by porcine endometrium, and that the sensitivity of the endometrium to PPAR ligands depends on reproductive status of animals...
- GUERRATY M, Grant G, Karanian J, Chiesa O, Pritchard W, Davies P. Hypercholesterolemia induces side-specific phenotypic changes and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma pathway activation in swine aortic valve endothelium. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:225-31 pubmed publisher..Transcript profiles indicative of a protective phenotype were induced and persisted on the side prone to aortic valve sclerosis. ..
- Houseknecht K, Bidwell C, Portocarrero C, Spurlock M. Expression and cDNA cloning of porcine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma). Gene. 1998;225:89-96 pubmed..Thus, PPARgamma may play an important role in adipogenesis and hormone action in porcine adipocytes. ..
- Zhang F, Deng B, Wen J, Chen K, Liu W, Ye S, et al. PPARÎ³ and MyoD are differentially regulated by myostatin in adipose-derived stem cells and muscle satellite cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;458:375-80 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study demonstrated that the different regulatory adipogenic roles of MSTN in ADSCs and MSCs act by differentially regulating PPARÎ³ and MyoD expression. ..
- Panzenboeck U, Kratzer I, Sovic A, Wintersperger A, Bernhart E, Hammer A, et al. Regulatory effects of synthetic liver X receptor- and peroxisome-proliferator activated receptor agonists on sterol transport pathways in polarized cerebrovascular endothelial cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:1314-29 pubmed..Summarizing, in cerebrovascular endothelial cells apoA-I, ABCA1, and SR-BI represent drug targets for LXR and PPAR-agonists to interfere with cholesterol homeostasis at the periphery of the central nervous system...