Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTOR
Description: mechanistic target of rapamycin kinase
Alias: FRAP1, serine/threonine-protein kinase mTOR, FK506 binding protein 12-rapamycin associated protein 1
- Wagner R, Martin K, Powell R, Rzucidlo E. Lovastatin induces VSMC differentiation through inhibition of Rheb and mTOR. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C119-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings illustrate a mechanism for the cardioprotective effects of lovastatin through inhibition of Rheb and mTORC1 and promotion of a differentiated VSMC phenotype...
- Gazzaneo M, Orellana R, Suryawan A, Tuckow A, Kimball S, Wilson F, et al. Differential regulation of protein synthesis and mTOR signaling in skeletal muscle and visceral tissues of neonatal pigs after a meal. Pediatr Res. 2011;70:253-60 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of tuberous sclerosis complex 2, proline-rich Akt substrate of 40 kD, mTOR, eukaryotic initiation factor 4E binding protein, and rp S6 kinase 1 increased in all tissues after feeding...
- Kim S, Min K, Kim N, Yoon J. Differential expression of programmed cell death on the follicular development in normal and miniature pig ovary. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46194 pubmed publisher..cell death during follicular development in porcine, MAP1LC3A, B and other autophagy-associated genes (ATG5, mTOR, Beclin-1) were found to increase in normal pigs, while it decreased in miniature pigs...
- Kim J, Song G, Wu G, Gao H, Johnson G, Bazer F. Arginine, leucine, and glutamine stimulate proliferation of porcine trophectoderm cells through the MTOR-RPS6K-RPS6-EIF4EBP1 signal transduction pathway. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:113 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, when Arg, Leu, and Gln were combined with siRNAs for either MTOR, RPTOR, or RICTOR, effects of those amino acids on proliferation of pTr cells were significantly inhibited...
- Lee H, Kim D, Kim M, Lee J, Hwang J, Lee H. The regulation of autophagy in porcine blastocysts: Regulation of PARylation-mediated autophagy via mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;473:899-906 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings have significant implications for understanding the importance of autophagy regulation for successful in vitro production of porcine embryos. ..
- Arnaud Batista F, Peruchetti D, Abreu T, do Nascimento N, Malnic G, Fonteles M, et al. Uroguanylin modulates (Na++K+)ATPase in a proximal tubule cell line: Interactions among the cGMP/protein kinase G, cAMP/protein kinase A, and mTOR pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:1431-8 pubmed publisher..The current results expand our understanding of the signal transduction pathways involved in the overall effect of UGN on renal sodium excretion. ..