Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: LIF
Description: leukemia inhibitory factor
Alias: leukemia inhibitory factor (cholinergic differentiation factor)
- Regulation of expression and role of leukemia inhibitory factor and interleukin-6 in the uterus of early pregnant pigsA Blitek
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Theriogenology 78:951-64. 2012..We examined: (1) the expression profiles of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and interleukin (IL)-6 mRNA and their protein content in the endometrium of cyclic and pregnant gilts on Days 10 ..
- Reprogramming pig fetal fibroblasts reveals a functional LIF signaling pathwayAlison J Thomson
The Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Midlothian, United Kingdom
Cell Reprogram 14:112-22. 2012..Mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs) respond to leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-mediated activity, whereas human ESCs depend upon Fibroblast growth factor (..
- Effect of polymorphism in the leukemia inhibitory factor gene on litter size in Large White pigsH C Lin
College of Animal Science and Technology and Key Laboratory for Animal Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1833-8. 2009DNA polymorphism of the porcine leukemia inhibitory factory (LIF) was investigated and used to study the effects on litter size in Large White pigs...
- Effect of polymorphisms in the genes for LIF and RBP4 on litter size in two German pig linesA Spötter
Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 44:100-5. 2009The association of two diallelic polymorphisms in the porcine genes for leukaemia inhibitory factor (LIF) and retinol-binding protein 4 (RBP4) with number of piglets born alive (NBA) in two German pig lines was studied...
- Leukemia inhibitory factor is upregulated in coronary arteries of Ossabaw miniature swine after stent placementPamela G Lloyd
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Coron Artery Dis 19:217-26. 2008Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), an IL-6 class cytokine, is reported to be antiatherosclerotic. Thus, we hypothesized that LIF expression might be altered during in-stent neointimal hyperplasia...
- Evidence of a new leukemia inhibitory factor-associated genetic marker for litter size in a synthetic pig lineA Spötter
Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bünteweg 17 p, 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Anim Sci 83:2264-70. 2005The association of a diallelic polymorphism in the leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) gene with reproductive, growth, and carcass traits was studied in a German synthetic pig line...
- Molecular characterization and chromosome assignment of the porcine gene for leukemia inhibitory factor LIFA Spötter
Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, School of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bunteweg 17p, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
Cytogenet Cell Genet 93:87-90. 2001Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in early conceptus development in pig. We isolated a PAC clone containing the porcine LIF gene and determined the complete DNA sequence of the gene, which spans about 6...
- Complex conserved organization of the mammalian leukemia inhibitory factor gene: regulated expression of intracellular and extracellular cytokinesB P Haines
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Australia
J Immunol 162:4637-46. 1999Leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) is a member of the IL-6 family of pleiotropic cytokines, which are extensively involved in modulating hematopoiesis and immunity...
- Assignment of 19 porcine type I loci by somatic cell hybrid analysis detects new regions of conserved synteny between human and pigG Rettenberger
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Ulm, D 89069 Ulm, Germany
Mamm Genome 7:275-9. 1996Nineteen so-called type I-loci, including ACO2, ADRA2, CAST, CCK, CHAT, IGKC, IGLV, IL4, IL6, INHA, LIF, MX1, PTH, RBP2, TCRA, TCRB, TGFB2, TGFB3, and UOX have been mapped in the pig with an informative somatic cell hybrid panel...
- Cross-species comparison of the sequence of the leukaemia inhibitory factor gene and its proteinT A Willson
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Eur J Biochem 204:21-30. 1992Leukaemia inhibitory factor (LIF) is a pleiotropic growth factor active in diverse cell systems in both the adult and the embryo. The LIF gene from a number of mammalian species is highly conserved...