Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL4
Description: interleukin 4
Alias: interleukin-4, B-cell stimulatory factor 1, BSF-1, IL-4, lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1
- Zhou Y, Lin G, Baarsch M, Scamurra R, Murtaugh M. Interleukin-4 suppresses inflammatory cytokine gene transcription in porcine macrophages. J Leukoc Biol. 1994;56:507-13 pubmed
- Rettenberger G, Bruch J, Fries R, Archibald A, Hameister H. Assignment of 19 porcine type I loci by somatic cell hybrid analysis detects new regions of conserved synteny between human and pig. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:275-9 pubmedNineteen so-called type I-loci, including ACO2, ADRA2, CAST, CCK, CHAT, IGKC, IGLV, IL4, IL6, INHA, LIF, MX1, PTH, RBP2, TCRA, TCRB, TGFB2, TGFB3, and UOX have been mapped in the pig with an informative somatic cell hybrid panel...
- Li X, Zhong Z, Liang S, Wang X, Zhong F. Effect of cryopreservation on IL-4, IFNgamma and IL-6 production of porcine peripheral blood lymphocytes. Cryobiology. 2009;59:322-6 pubmed publisher..There was no significant difference of IL-4 production between fresh and frozen cells either stimulated (P>0.05) or un-stimulated (P>0.05). ..
- Oh S, Chung D. Invariant NKT cells producing IL-4 or IL-10, but not IFN-gamma, inhibit the Th1 response in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, whereas none of these cells inhibits the Th17 response. J Immunol. 2011;186:6815-21 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IFN-?-producing iNKT cells have a minimal role in the regulation of the Th1 and Th17 responses in EAE...
- Bailey M, Perry A, Bland P, Stokes C, Hall L. Nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequence of porcine interleukin 4 cDNA derived from lamina propria lymphocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1171:328-30 pubmed..b>Interleukin 4 transcripts were then specifically amplified by PCR...
- Grehan J, Levay Young B, Fogelson J, François Bongarçon V, Benson B, Dalmasso A. IL-4 and IL-13 induce protection of porcine endothelial cells from killing by human complement and from apoptosis through activation of a phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway. J Immunol. 2005;175:1903-10 pubmed..We conclude that IL-4 and IL-13 can induce protection of porcine EC against killing by apoptosis and human complement through activation of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. ..
- Black S, Grehan J, Rivard A, Benson B, Wahner A, Koch A, et al. Porcine endothelial cells and iliac arteries transduced with AdenoIL-4 are intrinsically protected, through Akt activation, against immediate injury caused by human complement. J Immunol. 2006;177:7355-63 pubmed
- Black S, Schott M, Batdorf B, Benson B, Rutherford M, Levay Young B, et al. IL-4 induces protection of vascular endothelial cells against killing by complement and melittin through lipid biosynthesis. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:803-12 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IL-4 induced activation of Akt/SREBP-1/lipid biosynthesis in EC, resulting in protection against MAC and melittin, in association with mitochondrial protection. ..