Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL4
Description: interleukin 4
Alias: interleukin-4, B-cell stimulatory factor 1, BSF-1, IL-4, lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1
- Interleukin-4 suppresses inflammatory cytokine gene transcription in porcine macrophagesY Zhou
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul
J Leukoc Biol 56:507-13. 1994....
- IL-4 and IL-13 induce protection of porcine endothelial cells from killing by human complement and from apoptosis through activation of a phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathwayJohn F Grehan
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 175:1903-10. 2005..We conclude that IL-4 and IL-13 can induce protection of porcine EC against killing by apoptosis and human complement through activation of the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway...
- Interleukin-4 induces up-regulation of endothelial cell claudin-5 through activation of FoxO1: role in protection from complement-mediated injuryAgustin P Dalmasso
From the Departments of Surgery
J Biol Chem 289:838-47. 2014....
- Species specialization in cytokine biology: is interleukin-4 central to the T(H)1-T(H)2 paradigm in swine?Michael P Murtaugh
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 33:344-52. 2009....
- Nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequence of porcine interleukin 4 cDNA derived from lamina propria lymphocytesM Bailey
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1171:328-30. 1993..b>Interleukin 4 transcripts were then specifically amplified by PCR...
- Assignment of 19 porcine type I loci by somatic cell hybrid analysis detects new regions of conserved synteny between human and pigG Rettenberger
Department of Medical Genetics, University of Ulm, D 89069 Ulm, Germany
Mamm Genome 7:275-9. 1996Nineteen so-called type I-loci, including ACO2, ADRA2, CAST, CCK, CHAT, IGKC, IGLV, IL4, IL6, INHA, LIF, MX1, PTH, RBP2, TCRA, TCRB, TGFB2, TGFB3, and UOX have been mapped in the pig with an informative somatic cell hybrid panel...
- Porcine endothelial cells and iliac arteries transduced with AdenoIL-4 are intrinsically protected, through Akt activation, against immediate injury caused by human complementSylvester M Black
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Immunol 177:7355-63. 2006....
- Effect of cryopreservation on IL-4, IFNgamma and IL-6 production of porcine peripheral blood lymphocytesXiujin Li
Dept of Biotechnology, College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, Hebei 066004, China
Cryobiology 59:322-6. 2009..There was no significant difference of IL-4 production between fresh and frozen cells either stimulated (P>0.05) or un-stimulated (P>0.05)...
- IL-4 induces protection of vascular endothelial cells against killing by complement and melittin through lipid biosynthesisSylvester M Black
Department of Surgery, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Eur J Immunol 40:803-12. 2010..We conclude that IL-4 induced activation of Akt/SREBP-1/lipid biosynthesis in EC, resulting in protection against MAC and melittin, in association with mitochondrial protection...
- Invariant NKT cells producing IL-4 or IL-10, but not IFN-gamma, inhibit the Th1 response in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, whereas none of these cells inhibits the Th17 responseSae Jin Oh
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Immunol 186:6815-21. 2011..Moreover, IFN-γ-producing iNKT cells have a minimal role in the regulation of the Th1 and Th17 responses in EAE...