Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGFBP3
Description: insulin like growth factor binding protein 3
Alias: IGFBP-3, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3, IBP-3, IGF-binding protein 3
- Coleman M, Pan Y, Etherton T. Identification and NH2-terminal amino acid sequence of three insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins in porcine serum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;181:1131-6 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of a truncated form(s) of the GH-dependent IGFBP-3 in porcine serum suggests that elucidating its origin and function may be important in understanding how IGFBPs affect the somatogenic actions of GH. ..
- Nielsen V, Larsen N. A DraI RFLP at the porcine insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP3) gene. Anim Genet. 1997;28:152-3 pubmed
- Ongeri E, Verderame M, Hammond J. Follicle-stimulating hormone induction of ovarian insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 transcription requires a TATA box-binding protein and the protein kinase A and phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase pathways. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:1837-48 pubmed..Band III was nonspecifically competed out. We conclude that FSH stimulation of IGFBP-3 transcription is mediated by cAMP via the PKA pathway and requires the P1-3 kinase and likely the MAPK pathways. ..
- Ongeri E, Verderame M, Hammond J. The TATA binding protein associated factor 4b (TAF4b) mediates FSH stimulation of the IGFBP-3 promoter in cultured porcine ovarian granulosa cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2007;278:29-35 pubmed..This would suggest that the role of TAF4b in follicular development is regulated by FSH. TAF4b may thus be the TFIID component that binds to the TBP site on the IGFBP-3 promoter and is essential for FSH induction of IGFBP-3. ..
- Pampusch M, Kamanga Sollo E, Hathaway M, White M, Dayton W. Low-density lipoprotein-related receptor protein 1 (LRP-1) is not required for insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) to suppress L6 myogenic cell proliferation. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2011;40:197-204 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that, in contrast to data obtained for nonmuscle cell lines, the LRP-1 receptor is not required for IGFBP-3 to suppress proliferation of L6 myogenic cells. ..
- Wang L, Zhang G, Lin F, Jiang B, Dong F, Liu H. Expression of the insulin-like growth factor system in skeletal muscle during embryonic and postnatal development in the first filial generation pigs from Erhualian and Yorkshire reciprocal crosses. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;173:56-62 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide a valuable resource for the molecular breeding of pigs. ..
- Yoo E, Lee W, Kim J, Chae H, Hyun S, Kim D, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 mediates high glucose-induced apoptosis by increasing oxidative stress in proximal tubular epithelial cells. Endocrinology. 2011;152:3135-42 pubmed publisher..Increased oxidative stress from high glucose enhances IGFBP-3 expression, inducing apoptosis. Increased expression of IGFBP-3 by high glucose induces additional oxidative stress, which may result in amplification of hyperglycemic damage...
- Shimasaki S, Shimonaka M, Ui M, Inouye S, Shibata F, Ling N. Structural characterization of a follicle-stimulating hormone action inhibitor in porcine ovarian follicular fluid. Its identification as the insulin-like growth factor-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:2198-202 pubmed..A single mRNA species of 2.6 kilobases encoding the IGF-BP3 was detected in porcine gonadal, brain, and liver tissues by Northern analysis. ..
- Pampusch M, Kamanga Sollo E, White M, Hathaway M, Dayton W. Effect of recombinant porcine IGF-binding protein-3 on proliferation of embryonic porcine myogenic cell cultures in the presence and absence of IGF-I. J Endocrinol. 2003;176:227-35 pubmed..These data have established that IGFBP-3 has the potential to affect proliferation of PEMCs during critical periods of muscle development that may impact ultimate muscle mass achievable postnatally. ..
- Ongeri E, Zhu Q, Verderame M, Hammond J. Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 in porcine ovarian granulosa cells: gene cloning, promoter mapping, and follicle-stimulating hormone regulation. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1776-85 pubmed..Regulation of IGFBP-3 transcription by FSH suggests a role for IGFBP-3 in follicular development that may be independent of IGF-I. ..
- Guo Y, Tang G, Li X, Zhu L, Li M. [Developmental expression changes of IGF2 and IGFBP3 genes in adipose tissue of two pig breeds]. Yi Chuan. 2008;30:602-6 pubmed..expression patterns of Insulin-like Growth Factor 2 (IGF2) and Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding protein 3 (IGFBP3) genes at the age of 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 days in back subcutaneous fat tissue of Landrace and Taihu pigs, real-..
- Wang W, Meng Q, Hu X, Li N. Genetic variation and association of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 with performance in Swine. Biochem Genet. 2009;47:315-21 pubmed publisher..The TAT/TAT pigs also scored higher in meat color than the GGC/GGC pigs. These results implied that IGFBP-3 may affect meat quality and carcass traits. ..