Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNAS
Description: GNAS complex locus
Alias: NESP55, PORGSA1, SCG6, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(s) subunit alpha, SCG6 (secretogranin VI), adenylate cyclase-stimulating G alpha protein, alpha-stimulatory subunit of GTP-binding protein, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(s), alpha subunit, guanine nucleotide-binding protein, alpha-stimulating activity polypeptide 1, secretogranin VI
- Lee J, Zhang W, Moran C. Comparative porcine gene mapping relative to human chromosomes 9, 10, 20 and 22. Anim Genet. 2001;32:313-5 pubmed
- Morikawa M, Seki M, Kume S, Endo T, Nishimura Y, Kano K, et al. Meiotic resumption of porcine immature oocytes is prevented by ooplasmic Gsalpha functions. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:1151-7 pubmed
- Bastepe M. The GNAS Locus: Quintessential Complex Gene Encoding Gsalpha, XLalphas, and other Imprinted Transcripts. Curr Genomics. 2007;8:398-414 pubmed publisher..The maternal GNAS allele leads to NESP55, a chromogranin-like neuroendocrine secretory protein...
- Oczkowicz M, Piestrzyńska Kajtoch A, Ropka Molik K, Rejduch B, Eckert R. Expression and imprinting analysis of the NESP55 gene in pigs. Gene Expr Patterns. 2012;12:18-23 pubmed publisher..The function of NESP55 (Neuroendocrine secretory protein 55) remains elusive, although there are suggestions about its role in brain ..
- Lugenbiel P, Thomas D, Kelemen K, Trappe K, Bikou O, Schweizer P, et al. Genetic suppression of G?s protein provides rate control in atrial fibrillation. Basic Res Cardiol. 2012;107:265 pubmed publisher..Rate control by gene therapy may provide an alternative to current pharmacological treatment of AF...
- Peng J, Li Y, Shen Y, Wang Y, Xu N. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of the GNAS gene in pig and porcine fibroblast cells. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:5463-73 pubmed publisherThe Alpha subunit of the stimulatory guanine nucleotide-binding protein (GNAS) is a complex imprinted gene...
- Semack A, Sandhu M, Malik R, Vaidehi N, Sivaramakrishnan S. Structural Elements in the G?s and G?q C Termini That Mediate Selective G Protein-coupled Receptor (GPCR) Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:17929-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study highlights the synergy in molecular dynamics and FRET-based approaches to dissect the structural basis of selective G protein interactions. ..
- Stratil A, Knoll A, Horak P, Bilek K, Bechynová R, Bartenschlager H, et al. Mapping of the porcine FBN2, YWHAQ, CNN3, DCN, POSTN, SPARC, RBM39 and GNAS genes, expressed in foetal skeletal muscles. Anim Genet. 2008;39:204-5 pubmed
- Oczkowicz M, Mucha A, Tyra M, Ropka Molik K, Piórkowska K. Lack of the associations of the polymorphisms in IGF2, MC4R and GNAS genes with reproduction traits in pigs and imprinting analysis of IGF2 gene in ovary and cornus uteri. Reprod Domest Anim. 2013;48:562-8 pubmed publisher..In our study, we investigated associations between polymorphisms in IGF2, GNAS and MC4R genes with reproductive traits of Polish Landrace and Large White pigs...