Gene Symbol: GJA1
Description: gap junction protein, alpha 1, 43kDa
Alias: CX43, connexin 43, connexin-43, gap junction alpha-1 protein
- Negative regulation of p21 by beta-catenin/TCF signaling: a novel mechanism by which cell adhesion molecules regulate cell proliferationJunko Kamei
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:380-7. 2003..We conclude, therefore, that two major components of cell-cell interaction synergistically regulate cell cycle progression in HEK293 cells by regulating p21 expression in a beta-catenin/TCF-dependent manner...
- Targeting connexin 43 prevents platelet-derived growth factor-BB-induced phenotypic change in porcine coronary artery smooth muscle cellsChristos E Chadjichristos
Division of Cardiology, Geneva University Hospitals, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Circ Res 102:653-60. 2008..Cx40 was highly expressed in normal media of porcine coronary artery in vivo, whereas Cx43 was barely detectable...
- Effects of pre- and postnatal exposure to flutamide on connexin 43 expression in testes and ovaries of prepubertal pigsI Kopera
Department of Endocrinology, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Eur J Histochem 54:e15. 2010The aim of this study was to show whether the connexin43 (Cx43) expression in gonads is affected by an anti-androgen action...
- Porcine aortic endothelial gap junctions: identification and permeation by caged InsP3T D Carter
National Institute for Medical Research, London, UK
J Cell Sci 109:1765-73. 1996..These results show that primary cultures of porcine aortic endothelial cells express connexin 37 and 43, and provide strong evidence that the second messenger molecule InsP3 can permeate porcine endothelial gap junctions...
- Changes of connexin43 expression in non-pregnant porcine myometrium correlate with progesterone concentration during oestrous cycleJ Karasinski
Department of Cytology and Histology, Institute of Zoology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Reprod Domest Anim 45:959-66. 2010Connexin43 (Cx43) is a major protein of myometrial gap junctions. The number of Cx43 gap junctions increase dramatically with the onset of labour in association with development of synchronized uterine contractions...
- Connexin43 orthologues in vertebrates: phylogeny from fish to manMarcel A G van der Heyden
Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85060, 3508 AB, The Netherlands
Dev Genes Evol 214:261-6. 2004The gap junction protein connexin43 (Cx43) is widely expressed in all vertebrate species; however, in ventricular myocardium, Cx43 expression is restricted to mammalian species only, where it provides the molecular correlate for both ..