Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: estradiol receptor
Description: estrogen receptor 1
Alias: ER-alpha, estrogen receptor, estradiol receptor, estrogen receptor alpha, nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1
Products: estradiol receptor
- Mutembei H, Pesch S, Schuler G, Hoffmann B. Expression of oestrogen receptors alpha and beta and of aromatase in the testis of immature and mature boars. Reprod Domest Anim. 2005;40:228-36 pubmed..P450 aromatase immunoreaction was restricted to the cytoplasm of Leydig cells. These findings suggest that testicular ER may be important factors contributing to onset and maintenance of spermatogenesis in the boar. ..
- Muñoz G, Ovilo C, Estellé J, Silio L, Fernandez A, Rodriguez C. Association with litter size of new polymorphisms on ESR1 and ESR2 genes in a Chinese-European pig line. Genet Sel Evol. 2007;39:195-206 pubmed..03), and no dominance effects were observed. This SNP could be useful in assisted selection for litter size in some pig lines, as a new genetic marker in linkage disequilibrium with the causative mutation. ..
- Thole H, Maschler I, Jungblut P. Surface mapping of the ligand-filled C-terminal half of the porcine estradiol receptor by restricted proteolysis. Eur J Biochem. 1995;231:510-6 pubmedThe ligand-filled 32-kDa fragment of the porcine estradiol receptor extending from His267 to the C-terminal Ile595 was purified to homogeneity by adsorption to mAb 13H2...
- Thole H. Assignment of the ligand binding site of the porcine estradiol receptor to the N-terminal 17 kDa part of domain E. FEBS Lett. 1993;320:92-6 pubmedLigand-filled porcine estradiol receptor was adsorbed to heparin-Sepharose, from which a 26 kDa fragment was released by papain. Its mass was reduced to a 17 kDa fragment by trypsin...
- Lekhkota O, Brehm R, Claus R, Wagner A, Bohle R, Bergmann M. Cellular localization of estrogen receptor-alpha (ERalpha) and -beta (ERbeta) mRNA in the boar testis. Histochem Cell Biol. 2006;125:259-64 pubmed..Possible effects within the testis depend on the existence of the estrogen receptor subtypes alpha and beta (ERalpha, ERbeta)...
- Kalbe C, Mau M, Wollenhaupt K, Rehfeldt C. Evidence for estrogen receptor alpha and beta expression in skeletal muscle of pigs. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:95-107 pubmed..The porcine SM satellite cell culture provides a suitable in vitro model to investigate estrogenic effects on pig skeletal muscle. ..
- Sukjumlong S, Persson E, Dalin A, Janson V, Sahlin L. Messenger RNA levels of estrogen receptors alpha and beta and progesterone receptors in the cyclic and inseminated/early pregnant sow uterus. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;112:215-28 pubmed publisher..g. insemination and/or the presence of embryos, influence the expression of these steroid receptor mRNAs in the sow uterus. ..
- Liu X, Chamba Y, Wang Q, Ling Y, Gu X, Wu K, et al. [Effects of multi-genes for reproductive traits in Tibet pig]. Yi Chuan. 2010;32:480-5 pubmed..However, its reproductive rate is low. The objectives of this study were to search for the polymorphisms of estrogen receptor (ESR), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSHb), prolactin receptor (PRLR), and retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) ..
- Mu oz M, Fern ndez A, Ovilo C, Mu oz G, Rodriguez C, Fern ndez A, et al. Non-additive effects of RBP4, ESR1 and IGF2 polymorphisms on litter size at different parities in a Chinese-European porcine line. Genet Sel Evol. 2010;42:23 pubmed publisher..In this population, the paternal allele IGF2-intron3-3072A increased litter size from the third parity. The non-additive effects on litter size reported here should be tested before implementation in other pig breeding schemes...
- Knapczyk Stwora K, Durlej M, Duda M, Czernichowska Ferreira K, Tabecka Lonczynska A, Slomczynska M. Expression of oestrogen receptor ? and oestrogen receptor ? in the uterus of the pregnant swine. Reprod Domest Anim. 2011;46:1-7 pubmed publisher..The presence of ER? and ER? in all compartments of the pig uterus during pregnancy may indicate direct action of oestrogens on proliferation and differentiation of these cells. ..
- Gunawan A, Kaewmala K, Uddin M, Cinar M, Tesfaye D, Phatsara C, et al. Association study and expression analysis of porcine ESR1 as a candidate gene for boar fertility and sperm quality. Anim Reprod Sci. 2011;128:11-21 pubmed publisherMale fertility is impaired through the lack of ESR1 (Estrogen Receptor 1) but little is known about the ESR1 roles in boar spermatogenesis and fertility...
- Bökenkamp D, Jungblut P, Thole H. The C-terminal half of the porcine estradiol receptor contains no post-translational modification: determination of the primary structure. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1994;104:163-72 pubmedThe C-terminal part of ligand filled porcine estradiol receptor extending from H267 to I595 was isolated by adsorption to the monoclonal antibody 13H2, subjected to cleavage by CNBr, o-iodosobenzoic acid and endopeptidase Lys-C as well as ..
- Traupe T, Stettler C, Li H, Haas E, Bhattacharya I, Minotti R, et al. Distinct roles of estrogen receptors alpha and beta mediating acute vasodilation of epicardial coronary arteries. Hypertension. 2007;49:1364-70 pubmed..The findings indicate that coronary vascular effects of sex hormones differ with regard to affinity to ERalpha and ERbeta, which will contribute to beneficial and adverse effects of hormone replacement therapy. ..
- Rago V, Aquila S, Panza R, Carpino A. Cytochrome P450arom, androgen and estrogen receptors in pig sperm. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2007;5:23 pubmed..Therefore, pig sperm could be considered as a potential estrogen source while the different hormone cellular sites suggest distinct roles of androgens and estrogens in pig sperm physiology. ..