Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: estradiol receptor
Description: estrogen receptor 1
Alias: ER-alpha, estrogen receptor, estradiol receptor, estrogen receptor alpha, nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1
Products: estradiol receptor
- Knapczyk Stwora K, Durlej M, Duda M, Czernichowska Ferreira K, Tabecka Lonczynska A, Slomczynska M. Expression of oestrogen receptor ? and oestrogen receptor ? in the uterus of the pregnant swine. Reprod Domest Anim. 2011;46:1-7 pubmed publisher..The presence of ER? and ER? in all compartments of the pig uterus during pregnancy may indicate direct action of oestrogens on proliferation and differentiation of these cells. ..
- Gunawan A, Kaewmala K, Uddin M, Cinar M, Tesfaye D, Phatsara C, et al. Association study and expression analysis of porcine ESR1 as a candidate gene for boar fertility and sperm quality. Anim Reprod Sci. 2011;128:11-21 pubmed publisherMale fertility is impaired through the lack of ESR1 (Estrogen Receptor 1) but little is known about the ESR1 roles in boar spermatogenesis and fertility...
- Bökenkamp D, Jungblut P, Thole H. The C-terminal half of the porcine estradiol receptor contains no post-translational modification: determination of the primary structure. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1994;104:163-72 pubmedThe C-terminal part of ligand filled porcine estradiol receptor extending from H267 to I595 was isolated by adsorption to the monoclonal antibody 13H2, subjected to cleavage by CNBr, o-iodosobenzoic acid and endopeptidase Lys-C as well as ..
- Traupe T, Stettler C, Li H, Haas E, Bhattacharya I, Minotti R, et al. Distinct roles of estrogen receptors alpha and beta mediating acute vasodilation of epicardial coronary arteries. Hypertension. 2007;49:1364-70 pubmed..The findings indicate that coronary vascular effects of sex hormones differ with regard to affinity to ERalpha and ERbeta, which will contribute to beneficial and adverse effects of hormone replacement therapy. ..
- Rago V, Aquila S, Panza R, Carpino A. Cytochrome P450arom, androgen and estrogen receptors in pig sperm. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2007;5:23 pubmed..Therefore, pig sperm could be considered as a potential estrogen source while the different hormone cellular sites suggest distinct roles of androgens and estrogens in pig sperm physiology. ..