Genomes and Genes
dipeptidyl peptidase IV
Gene Symbol: dipeptidyl peptidase IV
Description: dipeptidyl-peptidase 4
Alias: ADABP, CD26, DPPIV, DPP IV, T-cell activation antigen CD26, dipeptidyl peptidase 4, dipeptidyl peptidase IV, dipeptidyl-peptidase 4 (CD26, adenosine deaminase complexing protein 2), dipeptidyl-peptidase iv
- Neutral endopeptidase 24.11 and dipeptidyl peptidase IV are both mediators of the degradation of glucagon-like peptide 1 in the anaesthetised pigA Plamboeck
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetologia 48:1882-90. 2005..b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) is established as the primary inactivating enzyme, but the roles of other enzymes remain unclear.
- N-terminal amino-acid sequence of pig kidney dipeptidyl peptidase IV solubilized by autolysisR Seidl
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Martinsried bei Munchen
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 372:213-4. 1991The N-terminal amino-acid sequence of the intrinsic membrane protein dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV) was determined. The protein was isolated from pig kidney and solubilized by autolysis at pH 3.8...
- Assignment of the dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DPP4) gene to pig chromosome 15q21P D Thomsen
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Mamm Genome 4:604-7. 1993..The linkage analyses revealed significant evidence for linkage confirming the assignment of DPP4 to Chr 15...
- The crystal structure of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (CD26) reveals its functional regulation and enzymatic mechanismMichael Engel
Max Planck Institut fur Biochemie, Abt Strukturforschung, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5063-8. 2003The membrane-bound glycoprotein dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) is a unique multifunctional protein, acting as receptor, binding and proteolytic molecule. We have determined the sequence and 1...
- Characterisation of human dipeptidyl peptidase IV expressed in Pichia pastoris. A structural and mechanistic comparison between the recombinant human and the purified porcine enzymeJoachim Bär
Probiodrug AG, Department of Enzymology, D 06120 Halle, Germany
Biol Chem 384:1553-63. 2003b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV/CD26 (DP IV) is a multifunctional serine protease cleaving off dipeptides from the N-terminus of peptides...
- Distribution of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like activity enzymes in canine and porcine tissue sections by RT-PCRLeona Wagner
Department of Molecular Biology, Probiodrug AG, Weinbergweg 22, 06120 Halle Saale, Germany
Adv Exp Med Biol 575:109-16. 2006
- Effect of divalent cations on the porcine kidney cortex membrane-bound form of dipeptidyl peptidase IVIsel Pascual
Centro de Estudios de Proteínas, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de La Habana, Calle 25 No 455, Vedado, La Habana 10400, Cuba
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 43:363-71. 2011b>Dipeptidyl peptidase IV is an ectopeptidase with multiple physiological roles including the degradation of incretins, and a target of therapies for type 2 diabetes mellitus...