Gene Symbol: CMAH
Description: cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase
Alias: cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase, CMP-N-acetylneuraminate monooxygenase, CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase, CMP-Neu5Ac hydroxylase, CMP-NeuAc hydroxylase, cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase
- Butler J, Paris L, Blankenship R, Sidner R, Martens G, Ladowski J, et al. Silencing Porcine CMAH and GGTA1 Genes Significantly Reduces Xenogeneic Consumption of Human Platelets by Porcine Livers. Transplantation. 2016;100:571-6 pubmed publisher..Inactivating GGTA1 and CMAH genes has reduced the antibody-mediated barrier to xenotransplantation; herein, we describe the effect that these ..
- Butler J, Martens G, Estrada J, Reyes L, Ladowski J, Galli C, et al. Silencing porcine genes significantly reduces human-anti-pig cytotoxicity profiles: an alternative to direct complement regulation. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:751-9 pubmed publisher..Pigs doubly deficient in GGTA1 and CMAH genes were compared to pigs of the same background that expressed a human complement regulatory protein (hCRP)...
- Martens G, Reyes L, Butler J, Ladowski J, Estrada J, Sidner R, et al. Humoral Reactivity of Renal Transplant-Waitlisted Patients to Cells From GGTA1/CMAH/B4GalNT2, and SLA Class I Knockout Pigs. Transplantation. 2017;101:e86-e92 pubmed publisher..WT), ?1, 3-galactosyltransferase (GGTA1) KO, GGTA1/ cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase (CMAH) KO, and GGTA1/ CMAH /b1,4 N-acetylgalactosaminyl transferase (B4GalNT2) KO pigs were screened for human antibody ..
- Schlenzka W, Shaw L, Kelm S, Schmidt C, Bill E, Trautwein A, et al. CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase: the first cytosolic Rieske iron-sulphur protein to be described in Eukarya. FEBS Lett. 1996;385:197-200 pubmed..Furthermore, possible binding sites for cytochrome b5, the substrate CMP-Neu5Ac and a mononuclear iron centre were also identified. ..
- Song K, Kang Y, Jin U, Park Y, Kim S, Seong H, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of pig CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase for the synthesis of N-glycolylneuraminic acid as the xenoantigenic determinant in pig-human xenotransplantation. Biochem J. 2010;427:179-88 pubmed publisher..From the results, it was concluded that the pcmah gene was capable of synthesizing the NeuGc acting as a xenoantigen in humans, confirming the NeuGc-mediated rejection response in pig-human xenotransplantation. ..
- Ikeda K, Yamamoto A, Nanjo A, Inuinaka C, Takama Y, Ueno T, et al. A cloning of cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase from porcine endothelial cells. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:1136-8 pubmed publisher..The expression of NeuGc is controlled by the activity of cytidine monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase (CMAH). In this study, molecular cloning of pig CMAH was performed, as the first step in producing H-D knockout pigs...