Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP1A1
Description: ATPase Na+/K+ transporting subunit alpha 1
Alias: sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit alpha-1, (Na+, K+)-ATPase alpha-subunit, Na(+)/K(+) ATPase alpha-1 subunit, Na+ /K+ ATPase alpha 1 subunit, Na+/K+ transporting alpha 1 polypeptide, sodium pump subunit alpha-1
- Yatime L, Laursen M, Morth J, Esmann M, Nissen P, Fedosova N. Structural insights into the high affinity binding of cardiotonic steroids to the Na+,K+-ATPase. J Struct Biol. 2011;174:296-306 pubmed publisher..The observed re-arrangements of the Na+,K+-ATPase stabilized by cardiotonic steroids may affect protein-protein interactions within the intracellular signal transduction networks...
- Arnaud Batista F, Peruchetti D, Abreu T, do Nascimento N, Malnic G, Fonteles M, et al. Uroguanylin modulates (Na++K+)ATPase in a proximal tubule cell line: Interactions among the cGMP/protein kinase G, cAMP/protein kinase A, and mTOR pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1860:1431-8 pubmed publisher..The current results expand our understanding of the signal transduction pathways involved in the overall effect of UGN on renal sodium excretion. ..
- Jia L, Donnet C, Bogaev R, Blatt R, McKinney C, Day K, et al. Hypertrophy, increased ejection fraction, and reduced Na-K-ATPase activity in phospholemman-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H1982-8 pubmed..We hypothesize that a primary effect of phospholemman is to modulate the Na-K-ATPase and that its reduced activity initiates compensatory responses. ..
- Cuevas F, Jameson D, Sotomayor C. Modulation of reconstituted pig kidney Na+/K(+)-ATPase activity by cholesterol in endogenous lipid vesicles: role of lipid domains. Biochemistry. 2006;45:13855-68 pubmed..These changes, in turn, induce small changes in the protein's structure and dynamics, therefore acting to fine-tune the enzyme. ..
- Shahidullah M, Mandal A, Delamere N. Src Family Kinase Links Insulin Signaling to Short Term Regulation of Na,K-ATPase in Nonpigmented Ciliary Epithelium. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:1489-1500 pubmed publisher..The findings are consistent with previous studies that indicate a link between Na,K-ATPase activity and SFK signaling. J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 1489-1500, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Henriksen C, Kjaer Sorensen K, Einholm A, Madsen L, Momeni J, Bendixen C, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of porcine Na?/K?-ATPase isoforms ?1, ?2, ?3 and the ATP1A3 promoter. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79127 pubmed publisher..diseases caused by Na?/K?-ATPase mutations, we have determined the porcine coding sequences of the ?1-?3 genes, ATP1A1, ATP1A2, and ATP1A3, their chromosomal localization, and expression patterns...
- Rajasekaran S, HUYNH T, Wolle D, Espineda C, INGE L, Skay A, et al. Na,K-ATPase subunits as markers for epithelial-mesenchymal transition in cancer and fibrosis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1515-24 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal for the first time that Na,K-ATPase is a target of TGF-beta(1)-mediated EMT and is associated with the progression of EMT in cancer and fibrosis...
- Belogus T, Haviv H, Karlish S. Neutralization of the charge on Asp 369 of Na+,K+-ATPase triggers E1 <--> E2 conformational changes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31038-51 pubmed publisher..Changes in charge interactions of Asp(369) may play an important role in triggering E(1)P(3Na) <--> E(2)P and E(2)(2K) --> E(1)Na transitions in native Na(+),K(+)-ATPase. ..
- Ovchinnikov YuA -, Modyanov N, Broude N, Petrukhin K, Grishin A, Arzamazova N, et al. Pig kidney Na+,K+-ATPase. Primary structure and spatial organization. FEBS Lett. 1986;201:237-45 pubmed..Structural data on the peptides from extramembrane regions of the alpha-subunit and on glycopeptides of the beta-subunit underlie a model for the transmembrane arrangement of Na+,K+-ATPase polypeptide chains. ..
- Figtree G, Liu C, Bibert S, Hamilton E, Garcia A, White C, et al. Reversible oxidative modification: a key mechanism of Na+-K+ pump regulation. Circ Res. 2009;105:185-93 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for pathophysiological conditions characterized by neurohormonal dysregulation, myocardial oxidative stress and raised myocyte Na(+) levels...
- Strugatsky D, Gottschalk K, Goldshleger R, Karlish S. D443 of the N domain of Na+,K+-ATPase interacts with the ATP-Mg2+ complex, possibly via a second Mg2+ ion. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15961-9 pubmed
- Mangialavori I, Montes M, Rossi R, Fedosova N, Rossi J. Dynamic lipid-protein stoichiometry on E1 and E2 conformations of the Na+/K+ -ATPase. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:1153-7 pubmed publisher..The lipid-protein stoichiometry was 23 ± 2 (? subunit) and 5.0 ± 0.4 (? subunit) in the E1 conformation and 32 ± 2 (? subunit) and 7 ± 1 (? subunit) in the E2 conformation. ..
- Montes M, Ferreira Gomes M, Centeno M, Rossi R. The E2P-like state induced by magnesium fluoride complexes in the Na,K-ATPase. Kinetics of formation and interaction with Rb(+). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1848:1514-23 pubmed publisher..Since the E2Mg-MgF4 and E2Mg-vanadate complexes represent different intermediates in the E2-Pâ†’E2 dephosphorylation sequence, the variation in occlusion rate could provide a tool to discriminate between these intermediates. ..
- Khalid M, Fouassier G, Apell H, Cornelius F, Clarke R. Interaction of ATP with the phosphoenzyme of the Na+,K+-ATPase. Biochemistry. 2010;49:1248-58 pubmed publisher..ATP binding to E2P could also fix ATP within the enzyme ready to phosphorylate it in the subsequent turnover...
- De Souza A, de Carvalho T, Lara L, Gomes Quintana E, Lopes A, Caruso Neves C. The stimulatory effect of angiotensin II on Na(+)-ATPase activity involves sequential activation of phospholipases and sustained PKC activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:354-9 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that PKC could be the final target and an integrator molecule of different signaling pathways triggered by Ang II, which could explain the sustained activation of Na(+)-ATPase by Ang II. ..
- Monastyrskaia G, Broude N, Melkov A, Smirnov I, Malyshev I. [Primary structure of the alpha-subunit of Na+,K+-ATPase from the swine kidney. III. Complete nucleotide sequence corresponding to the structural region of the gene]. Bioorg Khim. 1987;13:20-6 pubmed..The region contains 3063 b.p. coding for 1021 amino acid residues. In the course of processing, five amino acid residues are cleaved to yield the mature Na+, K+-ATPase alpha-subunit containing 1016 amino acid residues. ..