Gene Symbol: ND4
Description: NADH dehydrogenase subunit 4
- Nishigaki Y, Ueno H, Coku J, Koga Y, Fujii T, Sahashi K, et al. Extensive screening system using suspension array technology to detect mitochondrial DNA point mutations. Mitochondrion. 2010;10:300-8 pubmed publisher..32 for Series B) in 22 genes: 1 each in MT-RNR1, -TV, -ND1, -TQ, -TW, -TC, and -TH genes; 2 each in MT-TN, -TG, -ND4, -TL2, -TE, and -CYB genes; 3 each in MT-ATP6, -ND3, and -ND5 genes; 4 each in MT-CO1 and -TK genes; 5 each in MT-..
- Luo Y, Tang S, Gao W, Chen L, Yang X, Huang T, et al. Genotyping mitochondrial DNA single nucleotide polymorphisms by PCR ligase detection reactions. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2010;48:475-83 pubmed publisher..The PCR-LDR mtDNA genotyping technique is simple, highly accurate, has high-throughput, and is cost-effective. Therefore, this method is applicable to mtDNA haplotyping in various applications...
- Lakatos A, Derbeneva O, Younes D, Keator D, Bakken T, Lvova M, et al. Association between mitochondrial DNA variations and Alzheimer's disease in the ADNI cohort. Neurobiol Aging. 2010;31:1355-63 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the mitochondrial haplogroup UK may confer genetic susceptibility to AD independently of the apolipoprotein E4 (APOE4) allele...
- Bi R, Zhang A, Yu D, Chen D, Yao Y. Screening the three LHON primary mutations in the general Chinese population by using an optimized multiplex allele-specific PCR. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:1671-4 pubmed publisher..The optimized MAS-PCR assay provides an easier, faster and more cost-effective method for detection of the three LHON primary mutations, making it practical for clinical diagnosis...
- Vijaya Padma V, Anitha S, Santhini E, Pradeepa D, Tresa D, Ganesan P, et al. Mitochondrial and nuclear gene mutations in the type 2 diabetes patients of Coimbatore population. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;345:223-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the T8356C and GLUT1 gene mutations may have an important role in developing late-onset T2D in Coimbatore population. Particularly, individuals with GLUT1 gene may develop kidney dysfunction at their later age. ..