Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: pknB
Description: serine/threonine-protein kinase PknB
Species: Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv
- Duran R, Villarino A, Bellinzoni M, Wehenkel A, Fernandez P, Boitel B, et al. Conserved autophosphorylation pattern in activation loops and juxtamembrane regions of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ser/Thr protein kinases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:858-67 pubmed..of the entire intracellular regions of four 'receptor-like' protein kinases from Mycobacterium tuberculosis (PknB, PknD, PknE, and PknF), each consisting of an N-terminal kinase domain and a juxtamembrane region of varying length ..
- Roumestand C, Leiba J, Galophe N, Margeat E, Padilla A, Bessin Y, et al. Structural insight into the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Rv0020c protein and its interaction with the PknB kinase. Structure. 2011;19:1525-34 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis, also called FhaA, is one of the major substrates of the essential Ser/Thr protein kinase (STPK) PknB. The protein is composed of three domains and is phosphorylated on a unique site in its N terminus...
- Anandan T, Han J, Baun H, Nyayapathy S, Brown J, Dial R, et al. Phosphorylation regulates mycobacterial proteasome. J Microbiol. 2014;52:743-54 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the Î±-subunit (PrcA) of the M. tuberculosis proteasome is phosphorylated by the PknB kinase at three threonine residues (T84, T202, and T178) in a sequential manner...
- Damle N, Mohanty D. Mechanism of autophosphorylation of mycobacterial PknB explored by molecular dynamics simulations. Biochemistry. 2014;53:4715-26 pubmed publisherMycobacterial Ser/Thr kinase, PknB, is essential for the growth of the pathogen. Unphosphorylated PknB is catalytically inactive, and its activation requires autophosphorylation of Thr residues on the activation loop...
- Turapov O, Loraine J, Jenkins C, Barthe P, McFeely D, Forti F, et al. The external PASTA domain of the essential serine/threonine protein kinase PknB regulates mycobacterial growth. Open Biol. 2015;5:150025 pubmed publisherb>PknB is an essential serine/threonine protein kinase required for mycobacterial cell division and cell-wall biosynthesis...
- Kusebauch U, Ortega C, Ollodart A, Rogers R, Sherman D, Moritz R, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis supports protein tyrosine phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:9265-70 pubmed publisher..Mutation of a phosphotyrosine site of the essential STPK PknB reduces its activity in vitro and in live Mtb, indicating that Tyr phosphorylation has a functional role in ..
- Munshi T, Gupta A, Evangelopoulos D, Guzman J, Gibbons S, Keep N, et al. Characterisation of ATP-dependent Mur ligases involved in the biogenesis of cell wall peptidoglycan in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60143 pubmed publisher..via phosphorylation, we found that all of the Mur synthetases interacted with the Ser/Thr protein kinases, PknA and PknB. In addition, we critically analyzed the interaction network of all of the Mur synthetases with proteins involved ..
- Gupta M, Sajid A, Arora G, Tandon V, Singh Y. Forkhead-associated domain-containing protein Rv0019c and polyketide-associated protein PapA5, from substrates of serine/threonine protein kinase PknB to interacting proteins of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:34723-34 pubmed publisher..the association of the previously uncharacterized FHA domain-containing protein Rv0019c with cognate STPK PknB. The consequent phosphorylation of Rv0019c is shown to be dependent on the conserved residues in the Rv0019c FHA ..
- Gupta A, Pal S, Pandey D, Fakir N, Rathod S, Sinha D, et al. PknB remains an essential and a conserved target for drug development in susceptible and MDR strains of M. Tuberculosis. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2017;16:56 pubmed publisherThe Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M.tb) protein kinase B (PknB) which is now proved to be essential for the growth and survival of M.tb, is a transmembrane protein with a potential to be a good drug target...
- Lombana T, Echols N, Good M, Thomsen N, NG H, Greenstein A, et al. Allosteric activation mechanism of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis receptor Ser/Thr protein kinase, PknB. Structure. 2010;18:1667-77 pubmed publisherThe essential Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ser/Thr protein kinase (STPK), PknB, plays a key role in regulating growth and division, but the structural basis of activation has not been defined...
- Prigozhin D, Papavinasasundaram K, Baer C, Murphy K, Moskaleva A, Chen T, et al. Structural and Genetic Analyses of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis Protein Kinase B Sensor Domain Identify a Potential Ligand-binding Site. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:22961-22969 pubmed..Protein kinase B (PknB) is a transmembrane serine/threonine protein kinase that acts as an essential regulator of mycobacterial growth and ..