Gene Symbol: mprB
Description: two component histidine-protein kinase/phosphatase MprB
Species: Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv
- Zahrt T, Wozniak C, Jones D, Trevett A. Functional analysis of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis MprAB two-component signal transduction system. Infect Immun. 2003;71:6962-70 pubmed..tuberculosis physiology and virulence, a functional analysis of the mprA and mprB gene products was initiated...
- He H, Zahrt T. Identification and characterization of a regulatory sequence recognized by Mycobacterium tuberculosis persistence regulator MprA. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:202-12 pubmed publisher..maintenance of persistent, latent infection by Mycobacterium tuberculosis are dependent on expression of the mprA-mprB regulatory system...
- He H, Hovey R, Kane J, Singh V, Zahrt T. MprAB is a stress-responsive two-component system that directly regulates expression of sigma factors SigB and SigE in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:2134-43 pubmed..Induction of mprA and sigE by MprA in response to stress was mediated through the cognate sensor kinase MprB and required expression of the extracytoplasmic loop domain...
- Manganelli R, Voskuil M, Schoolnik G, Smith I. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis ECF sigma factor sigmaE: role in global gene expression and survival in macrophages. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:423-37 pubmed..These genes encode proteins belonging to different classes including transcriptional regulators, enzymes involved in fatty acid degradation and classical heat shock proteins. ..
- Pang X, Vu P, Byrd T, Ghanny S, Soteropoulos P, Mukamolova G, et al. Evidence for complex interactions of stress-associated regulons in an mprAB deletion mutant of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Microbiology. 2007;153:1229-42 pubmed..Using a deletion mutant lacking portions of the response regulator, MprA, and the histidine kinase, MprB, it was demonstrated by real-time PCR, primer extension analyses and DNA microarrays that MprAB activates sigma ..
- Pang X, Howard S. Regulation of the alpha-crystallin gene acr2 by the MprAB two-component system of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:6213-21 pubmed..In contrast to Acr2, SigA protein synthesis did not correlate with mRNA expression. Overall, the data indicated that MprA has complex interactions with the acr2 promoter and indirect effects on major housekeeping genes. ..
- Cao G, Howard S, Zhang P, Wang X, Chen X, Samten B, et al. EspR, a regulator of the ESX-1 secretion system in Mycobacterium tuberculosis, is directly regulated by the two-component systems MprAB and PhoPR. Microbiology. 2015;161:477-89 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that EspR may mediate the regulatory effect of PhoPR and MprAB, and provide more insight into the mechanisms underlying ESX-1 control. ..
- Zahrt T, Deretic V. Mycobacterium tuberculosis signal transduction system required for persistent infections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12706-11 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis H37Rv growth in vivo in an organ- and infection stage-specific fashion. These results indicate that two-component systems are important for adaptation of the tubercle bacillus during stages of persistent infection...
- Bretl D, Bigley T, Terhune S, Zahrt T. The MprB extracytoplasmic domain negatively regulates activation of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis MprAB two-component system. J Bacteriol. 2014;196:391-406 pubmed publisher..stress response network and demonstrate that MprAB-mediated signal transduction is negatively regulated by the MprB extracytoplasmic domain (ECD)...