Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: esxB
Description: ESAT-6-like protein EsxB
Alias: cfp10, lhp
Species: Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv
- Callahan B, Nguyen K, Collins A, Valdes K, Caplow M, Crossman D, et al. Conservation of structure and protein-protein interactions mediated by the secreted mycobacterial proteins EsxA, EsxB, and EspA. J Bacteriol. 2010;192:326-35 pubmed publisherMycobacterium tuberculosis EsxA and EsxB proteins are founding members of the WXG100 (WXG) protein family, characterized by their small size (approximately 100 amino acids) and conserved WXG amino acid motif. M...
- Champion P, Champion M, Manzanillo P, Cox J. ESX-1 secreted virulence factors are recognized by multiple cytosolic AAA ATPases in pathogenic mycobacteria. Mol Microbiol. 2009;73:950-62 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, understanding the details of ESX-1 targeting may allow for engineering of better vaccines to prevent tuberculosis. ..
- Murthy M, Kaliappan T, Raja A. Cytokine and chemokine responses to selected early secreted antigenic target-6 and culture filtrate protein-10 peptides in tuberculosis. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2011;31:299-307 pubmed publisher..Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 positive monocytes increased in response to the peptides Esp1, Esp6, Cfp8, and Cfp9 in PTB. These peptides deserve attention for further immune studies. ..
- Soo P, Horng Y, Chen A, Yang S, Chang K, Lee J, et al. Validation of nanodiamond-extracted CFP-10 antigen as a biomarker in clinical isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in broth culture media. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2015;95:620-4 pubmed publisher..6 and the CFP-10 antigen could maintain good signal intensity for a week. Our results suggest that, with the DND MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry approach, CFP-10 antigen can be used as an early diagnosis biomarker in clinical practice. ..
- Yang H, Chen H, Liu Z, Ma H, Qin L, Jin R, et al. A novel B-cell epitope identified within Mycobacterium tuberculosis CFP10/ESAT-6 protein. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52848 pubmed publisherThe 10-kDa culture filtrate protein (CFP10) and 6-kDa early-secreted target antigen (ESAT-6) play important roles in mycobacterial virulence and pathogenesis through a 1:1 complex formation (CFP10/ESAT-6 protein, CE protein), which have ..
- McLaughlin B, Chon J, MacGurn J, Carlsson F, Cheng T, Cox J, et al. A mycobacterium ESX-1-secreted virulence factor with unique requirements for export. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e105 pubmed..The results establish EspB as a substrate of ESX-1 that is required for virulence and growth in macrophages and suggests that the contribution of ESX-1 to virulence may arise from the secretion of multiple independent substrates. ..
- Kimuda S, Andia Biraro I, Egesa M, Bagaya B, Raynes J, Levin J, et al. Use of QuantiFERON®-TB Gold in-tube culture supernatants for measurement of antibody responses. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188396 pubmed publisher..tb specific cytokines. Further antibody and antibody/cytokine combinations need to be explored to achieve better diagnostic accuracy. ..
- Chen J, Zhang M, Rybniker J, Basterra L, Dhar N, Tischler A, et al. Phenotypic profiling of Mycobacterium tuberculosis EspA point mutants reveals that blockage of ESAT-6 and CFP-10 secretion in vitro does not always correlate with attenuation of virulence. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:5421-30 pubmed publisher..However, our data also indicate for the first time that blockage of M. tuberculosis ESAT-6 and CFP-10 secretion in vitro and attenuation are mutually exclusive...