Gene Symbol: eis
Description: enhanced intracellular survival protein
Species: Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv
- Maurya V, Singh K, Sinha S. Suppression of Eis and expression of Wag31 and GroES in Mycobacterium tuberculosis cytosol under anaerobic culture conditions. Indian J Exp Biol. 2014;52:773-80 pubmed..these proteins was highly suppressed (>2 fold reduction in spot volumes), with 4 of them (GrpE, CanB, MoxR1 and Eis) appearing as completely suppressed since corresponding spots were not detectable in the anaerobic sample...
- Kim K, An D, Song J, Yoon J, Kim H, Yoon H, et al. Mycobacterium tuberculosis Eis protein initiates suppression of host immune responses by acetylation of DUSP16/MKP-7. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7729-34 pubmed publisherThe intracellular pathogen Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) causes tuberculosis. Enhanced intracellular survival (Eis) protein, secreted by Mtb, enhances survival of Mycobacterium smegmatis (Msm) in macrophages...
- Duan L, Yi M, Chen J, Li S, Chen W. Mycobacterium tuberculosis EIS gene inhibits macrophage autophagy through up-regulation of IL-10 by increasing the acetylation of histone H3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;473:1229-1234 pubmed publisher..Recently, MTB enhanced intracellular survival (EIS) protein was reported to be secreted from MTB cells and linked to the inhibition of autophagy and the intracellular ..
- Pholwat S, Stroup S, Heysell S, Ogarkov O, Zhdanova S, Ramakrishnan G, et al. eis Promoter C14G and C15G Mutations Do Not Confer Kanamycin Resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7522-7523 pubmedWe studied the significance of particular eis mutations on Mycobacterium tuberculosis drug resistance using a specialized transduction strategy...
- Gikalo M, Nosova E, Krylova L, Moroz A. The role of eis mutations in the development of kanamycin resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from the Moscow region. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012;67:2107-9 pubmed publisher..In the present study we evaluated the incidence of eis mutations in kanamycin-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates. ..