Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZIP kinase
Description: death-associated protein kinase 3
Alias: ZIPK, dlk, death-associated protein kinase 3, DAP kinase 3, DAP-like kinase, MYPT1 kinase, ZIP-kinase, death-associated kinase 3
Products: ZIP kinase
- Weitzel D, Chambers J, Haystead T. Phosphorylation-dependent control of ZIPK nuclear import is species specific. Cell Signal. 2011;23:297-303 pubmed publisherb>ZIPK (zipper-interacting protein kinase) is a Ca(2+)-independent protein kinase that promotes myosin phosphorylation in both smooth muscle and non-muscle cells...
- Arif A, Chatterjee P, Moodt R, Fox P. Heterotrimeric GAIT complex drives transcript-selective translation inhibition in murine macrophages. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:5046-55 pubmed publisher..kinase at Ser(999); L13a is phosphorylated at Ser(77) by death-associated protein kinases DAPK and ZIPK. Because profound differences in inflammatory responses between mice and humans are known, we investigated the GAIT ..
- Bomar J, Benke P, Slattery E, Puttagunta R, Taylor L, Seong E, et al. Mutations in a novel gene encoding a CRAL-TRIO domain cause human Cayman ataxia and ataxia/dystonia in the jittery mouse. Nat Genet. 2003;35:264-9 pubmed..Three-dimensional protein structural modeling predicts that the caytaxin ligand is more polar than vitamin E. Identification of the caytaxin ligand may help develop a therapy for Cayman ataxia. ..
- Pike A, Rellos P, Niesen F, Turnbull A, Oliver A, Parker S, et al. Activation segment dimerization: a mechanism for kinase autophosphorylation of non-consensus sites. EMBO J. 2008;27:704-14 pubmed publisher..Based on the presented structural and functional data, a model for specific activation segment phosphorylation at non-consensus substrate sites is proposed that is likely to be common to other kinases from diverse subfamilies. ..
- Chang A, Chen G, Gerard R, Kamm K, Stull J. Cardiac myosin is a substrate for zipper-interacting protein kinase (ZIPK). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5122-6 pubmed publisherZipper-interacting protein kinase (ZIPK) is a member of the death-associated protein kinase family associated with apoptosis in nonmuscle cells where it phosphorylates myosin regulatory light chain (RLC) to promote membrane blebbing...
- Kocher B, White L, Piwnica Worms D. DAPK3 suppresses acini morphogenesis and is required for mouse development. Mol Cancer Res. 2015;13:358-67 pubmed publisher..Novel cellular and mouse modeling studies of DAPK3 shed light on its tumor-suppressive mechanisms and provide direct evidence that DAPK3 has relevance in early development. ..