Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt9b
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 9B
Alias: Wnt14b, Wnt15, clf, clf1, wnt-14b, wnt-15, protein Wnt-9b, protein Wnt-14b, wingless-type MMTV integration site 15, wingless-type MMTV integration site 9B, wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 15
- Cain J, Islam E, Haxho F, Blake J, Rosenblum N. GLI3 repressor controls functional development of the mouse ureter. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1199-206 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that Hh signaling controls Kit and Hcn3 expression and ureter peristalsis. ..
- Boyle S, Kim M, Valerius M, McMahon A, Kopan R. Notch pathway activation can replace the requirement for Wnt4 and Wnt9b in mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition of nephron stem cells. Development. 2011;138:4245-54 pubmed publisher..Induction by Wnt9b directs cells to exit the stem cell niche and express Wnt4, which is both necessary and sufficient for the ..
- Ferretti E, Li B, Zewdu R, Wells V, Hebert J, Karner C, et al. A conserved Pbx-Wnt-p63-Irf6 regulatory module controls face morphogenesis by promoting epithelial apoptosis. Dev Cell. 2011;21:627-41 pubmed publisher..We also characterized a midfacial regulatory element that Pbx proteins bind to control the expression of Wnt9b-Wnt3, which in turn regulates p63...
- Kobayashi A, Valerius M, Mugford J, Carroll T, Self M, Oliver G, et al. Six2 defines and regulates a multipotent self-renewing nephron progenitor population throughout mammalian kidney development. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:169-81 pubmed publisher..as cap mesenchyme cells lacking Six2 activity contribute to ectopic nephron tubules, a mechanism dependent on a Wnt9b inductive signal...
- Kiefer S, Robbins L, Rauchman M. Conditional expression of Wnt9b in Six2-positive cells disrupts stomach and kidney function. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43098 pubmed publisher..Since these two factors control differing fates in kidney mesenchyme, we hypothesized that overexpression of Wnt9b in Six2-expressing cells would disrupt kidney formation and may alter cell differentiation decisions in other ..
- Song L, Li Y, Wang K, Wang Y, Molotkov A, Gao L, et al. Lrp6-mediated canonical Wnt signaling is required for lip formation and fusion. Development. 2009;136:3161-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Lrp6-mediated Wnt signaling pathway is required for lip development by orchestrating two distinctively different morphogenetic movements. ..
- Jin Y, Turcotte T, Crocker A, Han X, Yoon J. The canonical Wnt signaling activator, R-spondin2, regulates craniofacial patterning and morphogenesis within the branchial arch through ectodermal-mesenchymal interaction. Dev Biol. 2011;352:1-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies Rspo2 as a mesenchyme-derived factor that plays critical roles in regulating BA1 patterning and morphogenesis through ectodermal-mesenchymal interaction and a novel genetic factor for cleft palate. ..
- Rumballe B, Georgas K, Combes A, Ju A, Gilbert T, Little M. Nephron formation adopts a novel spatial topology at cessation of nephrogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;360:110-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that this phase of nephron formation represents an acceleration of differentiation within the cap mesenchyme due to a displacement of signals within the nephrogenic niche. ..
- Carroll T, Park J, Hayashi S, Majumdar A, McMahon A. Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital system. Dev Cell. 2005;9:283-92 pubmed..We show that Wnt9b is expressed in the inductive epithelia and is essential for the development of mesonephric and metanephric ..
- Juriloff D, Harris M, McMahon A, Carroll T, Lidral A. Wnt9b is the mutated gene involved in multifactorial nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate in A/WySn mice, as confirmed by a genetic complementation test. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2006;76:574-9 pubmed..Extensive studies of the candidate region pointed to a novel insertion of an IAP transposon 3' from the gene Wnt9b as the clf1 mutation...
- Self M, Lagutin O, Bowling B, Hendrix J, Cai Y, Dressler G, et al. Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidney. EMBO J. 2006;25:5214-28 pubmed..We propose that in the developing kidney, Six2 activity is required for maintaining the mesenchymal progenitor population in an undifferentiated state by opposing the inductive signals emanating from the ureteric bud...
- Karner C, Das A, Ma Z, Self M, Chen C, Lum L, et al. Canonical Wnt9b signaling balances progenitor cell expansion and differentiation during kidney development. Development. 2011;138:1247-57 pubmed publisher..How this balance is struck is poorly understood. Previous studies have suggested that Wnt9b/?-catenin signaling induced differentiation (mesenchymal-to-epithelial transition) in a subset of the progenitors ..
- Saburi S, Hester I, Fischer E, Pontoglio M, Eremina V, Gessler M, et al. Loss of Fat4 disrupts PCP signaling and oriented cell division and leads to cystic kidney disease. Nat Genet. 2008;40:1010-5 pubmed publisher..In addition, Fat4 represses Fjx1 expression, indicating that Fat signaling is conserved. Together, these data suggest that Fat4 regulates vertebrate PCP and that loss of PCP signaling may underlie some cystic diseases in humans. ..
- Nelson E, Levi B, Sorkin M, James A, Liu K, Quarto N, et al. Role of GSK-3? in the osteogenic differentiation of palatal mesenchyme. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25847 pubmed publisher..Using GSK-3ß null mouse embryos, we examine the potential coordinate roles of Wnt and Hedgehog signaling on palatal ossification...
- Bayle J, Fitch J, Jacobsen K, Kumar R, Lafyatis R, Lemaire R. Increased expression of Wnt2 and SFRP4 in Tsk mouse skin: role of Wnt signaling in altered dermal fibrillin deposition and systemic sclerosis. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:871-81 pubmed..Lesional skin from SSc patients also showed large increases in SFRP4 mRNA and protein levels in the deep dermis compared to healthy skin, suggesting that the Wnt pathway might regulate skin fibrosis in SSc. ..
- Phelep A, Laouari D, Bharti K, Burtin M, Tammaccaro S, Garbay S, et al. MITF - A controls branching morphogenesis and nephron endowment. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007093 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover a novel transcriptional network that controls branching morphogenesis during kidney development and identifies one of the first modifier genes of nephron endowment. ..
- Green R, Feng W, Phang T, Fish J, Li H, Spritz R, et al. Tfap2a-dependent changes in mouse facial morphology result in clefting that can be ameliorated by a reduction in Fgf8 gene dosage. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:31-43 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings suggest that CL/P can result from small gene-expression changes that alter the shape of the facial prominences and uncouple their coordinated morphogenesis, which is necessary for normal fusion. ..
- Kirikoshi H, Katoh M. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse Wnt14b, clustered with mouse Wnt3 in mouse chromosome 11. Int J Mol Med. 2002;9:135-9 pubmed..characterized human WNT2B/WNT13, WNT3, WNT3A, WNT5B, WNT6, WNT7B, WNT8A, WNT8B, WNT10A, WNT10B, WNT11, WNT14, and WNT14B/WNT15...
- da Silva F, Rocha A, Motamedi F, Massa F, Basboga C, Morrison H, et al. Coronary Artery Formation Is Driven by Localized Expression of R-spondin3. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1745-1754 pubmed publisher..These results identify a mechanism through which localized expression of RSPO3 induces proliferation of the coronary arteries at their stems and permits their formation. ..
- Bergstein I, Eisenberg L, Bhalerao J, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Osborne M, et al. Isolation of two novel WNT genes, WNT14 and WNT15, one of which (WNT15) is closely linked to WNT3 on human chromosome 17q21. Genomics. 1997;46:450-8 pubmed..We have isolated a number of WNT sequences from human genomic DNA, two of which, designated WNT14 and WNT15, represent novel members of the Wnt gene family...
- Compagnucci C, Fish J, Schwark M, Tarabykin V, Depew M. Pax6 regulates craniofacial form through its control of an essential cephalic ectodermal patterning center. Genesis. 2011;49:307-25 pubmed publisher..Pax6 therefore regulates craniofacial form, at stages when CNC has just arrived in the frontonasal region, through its control of surface cephalic ectodermal competence to form an essential craniofacial patterning center. ..
- Smeeton J, Zhang X, Bulus N, Mernaugh G, Lange A, Karner C, et al. Integrin-linked kinase regulates p38 MAPK-dependent cell cycle arrest in ureteric bud development. Development. 2010;137:3233-43 pubmed publisher..p38 MAPK activation was not dependent on the kinase activity of ILK. Thus, we conclude that ILK plays a crucial role in activating p38 MAPK, which regulates cell cycle arrest of epithelial cells in renal tubulogenesis. ..
- Murashima A, Miyagawa S, Ogino Y, Nishida Fukuda H, Araki K, Matsumoto T, et al. Essential roles of androgen signaling in Wolffian duct stabilization and epididymal cell differentiation. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1640-51 pubmed publisher..We also interrogated the possibility of regulation of the p63 gene (Trp63) by AR in vitro and found that p63 is a likely direct target of AR regulation. ..
- Amin N, Ohashi Y, Chiba J, Yoshida S, Takano Y. Alterations in vascular pattern of the developing palate in normal and spontaneous cleft palate mouse embryos. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 1994;31:332-44 pubmed..These variant vascular patterns may be due to the inadequate blood supply to the nasopalatine region from the early embryonic stages possibly resulting from the discontinuity of the greater palatine artery. ..
- Sun Y, Li X. The canonical wnt signal restricts the glycogen synthase kinase 3/fbw7-dependent ubiquitination and degradation of eya1 phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2409-17 pubmed publisher..Compound Eya1(+/-); Wnt9b(+/-) mutants exhibit an increased penetrance of renal defect, indicating that they function in the same genetic ..
- Weidenfeld J, Shu W, Zhang L, Millar S, Morrisey E. The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21061-70 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2. ..
- Goggolidou P, Hadjirin N, Bak A, Papakrivopoulou E, Hilton H, Norris D, et al. Atmin mediates kidney morphogenesis by modulating Wnt signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:5303-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of a novel modulator of Wnt signaling has important implications for understanding the pathobiology of renal disease. ..
- Tai G, Hohenstein P, Davies J. FAK-Src signalling is important to renal collecting duct morphogenesis: discovery using a hierarchical screening technique. Biol Open. 2013;2:416-23 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the utility of the screen by using it to identify the FAK-Src-pathway signalling as being important for collecting duct development, specifically for the cell proliferation on which this development depends. ..
- Huang X, Gao X, Diaz Trelles R, Ruiz Lozano P, Wang Z. Coronary development is regulated by ATP-dependent SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling component BAF180. Dev Biol. 2008;319:258-66 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal for the first time that BAF180 is critical for coronary vessel formation. ..
- Juriloff D. Genetic analysis of the construction of the AEJ.A congenic strain indicates that nonsyndromic CL(P) in the mouse is caused by two loci with epistatic interaction. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol. 1995;15:1-12 pubmed..The new strain, AEJ.A/Jur, has been used to map a major CL(P) locus, clf1. Analysis of the genetic data from the process of constructing the AEJ...
- Juriloff D. Current status of genetic linkage studies of a major gene that causes CL(P) in mice: exclusion map. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol. 1993;13:223-9 pubmed..More than 40% of the mouse genome has been swept. Some candidate regions include mouse chromosomes 12, 18, and 19, and candidate loci on other chromosomes should include Rara, Tgfa, Bmp2b1, and Igf-2. ..
- Boivin F, Sarin S, Lim J, Javidan A, Svajger B, Khalili H, et al. Stromally expressed Î²-catenin modulates Wnt9b signaling in the ureteric epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120347 pubmed publisher..b>Wnt9b, the key signal for the induction of nephron progenitors, was markedly reduced in adjacent ureteric epithelial ..
- Hilliard S, Aboudehen K, Yao X, El Dahr S. Tight regulation of p53 activity by Mdm2 is required for ureteric bud growth and branching. Dev Biol. 2011;353:354-66 pubmed publisher..UB tips of UB(mdm2-/-)metanephroi continue to express c-ret and Wnt11; however, there was a notable reduction in Wnt9b, Lhx-1 and Pax-2 expression levels...
- Gai Z, Zhou G, Itoh S, Morimoto Y, Tanishima H, Hatamura I, et al. Trps1 functions downstream of Bmp7 in kidney development. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:2403-11 pubmed publisher..Last, whole-mount in situ hybridization of Wnt9b and Wnt4 demonstrated prolonged branching of ureteric buds and sparse cap mesenchyme in the kidneys of Trps1-..
- Alfieri C, Cheek J, Chakraborty S, Yutzey K. Wnt signaling in heart valve development and osteogenic gene induction. Dev Biol. 2010;338:127-35 pubmed publisher..At E12.5, Wnt2 is expressed in cushion mesenchyme, whereas Wnt4 and Wnt9b are predominant in overlying endothelial cells. At E17...
- Uchiyama Y, Sakaguchi M, Terabayashi T, Inenaga T, Inoue S, Kobayashi C, et al. Kif26b, a kinesin family gene, regulates adhesion of the embryonic kidney mesenchyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9240-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kif26b is essential for kidney development because it regulates the adhesion of mesenchymal cells in contact with ureteric buds. ..
- Waschk D, Tewes A, Romer T, Hucke J, Kapczuk K, Schippert C, et al. Mutations in WNT9B are associated with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome. Clin Genet. 2016;89:590-6 pubmed publisher..To date, most cases remain unexplained at molecular level. As female Wnt9b-/- mice show a MRKHS-like phenotype, WNT9B has emerged as a promising candidate gene for this disease...
- Sugiyama N, Tsukiyama T, Yamaguchi T, Yokoyama T. The canonical Wnt signaling pathway is not involved in renal cyst development in the kidneys of inv mutant mice. Kidney Int. 2011;79:957-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results do not support the hypothesis that canonical Wnt signaling causes renal cyst development in these mice. ..
- Wang W, Soto H, Oldham E, Buchanan M, Homey B, Catron D, et al. Identification of a novel chemokine (CCL28), which binds CCR10 (GPR2). J Biol Chem. 2000;275:22313-23 pubmed..In vitro, recombinant human CCL28 displays chemotactic activity for resting CD4 or CD8 T cells. ..
- Song R, Preston G, Kidd L, Bushnell D, Sims Lucas S, Bates C, et al. Prorenin receptor is critical for nephron progenitors. Dev Biol. 2016;409:382-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings demonstrate a cell-autonomous requirement for the PRR within nephron progenitors for progenitor maintenance, progression of nephrogenesis, normal kidney development and function. ..
- Lin C, Fisher A, Yin Y, Maruyama T, Veith G, Dhandha M, et al. The inductive role of Wnt-?-Catenin signaling in the formation of oral apparatus. Dev Biol. 2011;356:40-50 pubmed publisher..We provide genetic evidence that disruption of either signaling pathway results in severe microglossia. Altogether, we demonstrate a dynamic role for Wnt-?-Catenin signaling in the development of the oral apparatus...
- Miyagawa S, Moon A, Haraguchi R, Inoue C, Harada M, Nakahara C, et al. Dosage-dependent hedgehog signals integrated with Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulate external genitalia formation as an appendicular program. Development. 2009;136:3969-78 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into the integration of growth factor signaling in the appendicular developmental programs that regulate external genitalia development...
- Pedersen A, Skjong C, Shawlot W. Lim 1 is required for nephric duct extension and ureteric bud morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;288:571-81 pubmed..Molecular analysis indicated that Pax2 was expressed normally but the expression of Wnt9b and E-cadherin in the nephric duct was markedly altered...
- Nagata M, Amin N, Kannari Y, Hayatsu M, Ohashi Y, Oguro A. Isolated maxillary bending in CL/FR strain mice: observation of craniofacial deformity and inheritance pattern. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 1997;34:101-5 pubmed..Elucidation of the etiologic relationship between MB and CL/P may provide clues to clarifying the deficiency in first branchial arch in the mouse. ..
- Trowe M, Airik R, Weiss A, Farin H, Foik A, Bettenhausen E, et al. Canonical Wnt signaling regulates smooth muscle precursor development in the mouse ureter. Development. 2012;139:3099-108 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified epithelial Wnt7b and Wnt9b as possible ligands of Fzd1-mediated ?-catenin (Ctnnb1)-dependent (canonical) Wnt signaling in the adjacent ..
- Chen S, Yao X, Li Y, Saifudeen Z, Bachvarov D, El Dahr S. Histone deacetylase 1 and 2 regulate Wnt and p53 pathways in the ureteric bud epithelium. Development. 2015;142:1180-92 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that Hdac1 and Hdac2 are crucial for kidney development. They perform redundant, yet essential, cell lineage-autonomous functions via p53-dependent and -independent pathways. ..
- Song R, Preston G, Ichihara A, Yosypiv I. Deletion of the prorenin receptor from the ureteric bud causes renal hypodysplasia. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63835 pubmed publisher..We propose that mutations in PRR could possibly cause renal hypodysplasia and renal tubular acidosis in humans. ..
- Hartman H, Lai H, Patterson L. Cessation of renal morphogenesis in mice. Dev Biol. 2007;310:379-87 pubmed..Surprisingly, expression of Wnt9b, a gene necessary for mesenchyme induction, continued...
- Merki E, Zamora M, Raya A, Kawakami Y, Wang J, Zhang X, et al. Epicardial retinoid X receptor alpha is required for myocardial growth and coronary artery formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18455-60 pubmed
- Reddy S, Andl T, Bagasra A, Lu M, Epstein D, Morrisey E, et al. Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2001;107:69-82 pubmed..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis. ..
- Juriloff D, Mah D. The major locus for multifactorial nonsyndromic cleft lip maps to mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:63-9 pubmed..This locus, here named clf1 (cleft lip) maps to Chromosome (Chr) 11 to a region having linkage homology with human 17q21-24, supporting reports ..
- Chiga M, Ohmori T, Ohba T, Katabuchi H, Nishinakamura R. Preformed Wolffian duct regulates MÃ¼llerian duct elongation independently of canonical Wnt signaling or Lhx1 expression. Int J Dev Biol. 2014;58:663-8 pubmed publisher..Likewise, a few reports supported this notion in mice, including studies on Wnt9b mutant mice and Wolffian duct-specific Lhx1 deletion...
- Lange A, Wickström S, Jakobson M, Zent R, Sainio K, Fassler R. Integrin-linked kinase is an adaptor with essential functions during mouse development. Nature. 2009;461:1002-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide genetic evidence that the kinase activity of Ilk is dispensable for mammalian development; however, an interaction between Ilk and alpha-parvin is critical for kidney development. ..
- Nagy I, Xu Q, Naillat F, Ali N, Miinalainen I, Samoylenko A, et al. Impairment of Wnt11 function leads to kidney tubular abnormalities and secondary glomerular cystogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:30 pubmed publisher..The failure of Wnt11 signaling reduced the expression of several genes implicated in kidney development, such as Wnt9b, Six2, Foxd1 and Hox10...
- Lee G, Cantor R, Abnoosian A, Park E, Yamamoto M, Hovland D, et al. A gene(s) for all-trans-retinoic acid-induced forelimb defects mapped and confirmed to murine chromosome 11. Genetics. 2005;170:345-53 pubmed..The human syntenic region of this locus has been previously linked to Meckel syndrome; the phenotype includes postaxial polydactyly, an ectopic digital defect hypothesized to be induced by a common molecular pathway with ectrodactyly. ..
- Juriloff D, Harris M, Mager D, Gagnier L. Epigenetic mechanism causes Wnt9b deficiency and nonsyndromic cleft lip and palate in the A/WySn mouse strain. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2014;100:772-88 pubmed publisher..Clf1 acts as a mutant allele of Wnt9b but its coding sequence is normal...
- Di Giovanni V, Walker K, Bushnell D, Schaefer C, Sims Lucas S, Puri P, et al. Fibroblast growth factor receptor-Frs2Î± signaling is critical for nephron progenitors. Dev Biol. 2015;400:82-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 have synergistic roles in maintaining nephron progenitors; furthermore, Fgfr signaling in nephron progenitors appears to be mediated predominantly by Frs2Î±. ..
- Taguchi A, Nishinakamura R. Higher-Order Kidney Organogenesis from Pluripotent Stem Cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2017;21:730-746.e6 pubmed publisher..This selective induction and reassembly strategy will be a powerful approach to recapitulate organotypic architecture in PSC-derived organoids. ..
- Bourhis E, Tam C, Franke Y, Bazan J, Ernst J, Hwang J, et al. Reconstitution of a frizzled8.Wnt3a.LRP6 signaling complex reveals multiple Wnt and Dkk1 binding sites on LRP6. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9172-9 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we find that Wnt9b binds to a different part of the LRP6 extracellular domain, E1E2, and we demonstrate that Wnt3a and Wnt9b can bind ..
- Juriloff D. Major genes that cause cleft lip in mice: progress in the construction of a congenic strain and in linkage mapping. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol Suppl. 1986;2:55-66 pubmed..Previous studies have suggested that the cleft lip gene is not linked to c (chromosome 7), b (chromosome 4), d (chromosome 9), T, H-2 (chromosome 17), or N (chromosome 15). ..
- Lokmane L, Heliot C, Garcia Villalba P, Fabre M, Cereghini S. vHNF1 functions in distinct regulatory circuits to control ureteric bud branching and early nephrogenesis. Development. 2010;137:347-57 pubmed publisher..Notably, vHNF1 acting directly upstream of Wnt9b appears to orchestrate Wnt signaling action in the mesenchymal-epithelial transitions underlying the initiation of ..
- Gerber S, Steinberg F, Beyeler M, Villiger P, Trueb B. The murine Fgfrl1 receptor is essential for the development of the metanephric kidney. Dev Biol. 2009;335:106-19 pubmed publisher..We also observed a loss of Pax2 positive nephron precursor cells and an increase of apoptosis in the cortical zone of the remnant kidney. Fgfrl1 is therefore essential for mesenchymal differentiation in the early steps of nephrogenesis. ..
- Li W, Dudas M, Kaartinen V. Signaling through Tgf-beta type I receptor Alk5 is required for upper lip fusion. Mech Dev. 2008;125:874-82 pubmed publisher..These mice also display retarded development of palatal shelves and die at E15. Our findings support a role for Alk5 in normal upper lip formation not previously reported. ..
- Biddle F, Fraser F. Major gene determination of liability to spontaneous cleft lip in the mouse. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol Suppl. 1986;2:67-88 pubmed..Whether liability of the embryo to cleft lip is determined by one or two genes may be solved by a concerted effort to map the trait; a marker gene will be the key to further analysis of its cause. ..
- Chi L, Galtseva A, Chen L, Mo R, Hui C, Rosenblum N. Kif3a controls murine nephron number via GLI3 repressor, cell survival, and gene expression in a lineage-specific manner. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65448 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that Kif3a controls nephron number via distinct cell lineage-specific mechanisms. ..
- Nie X, Xu J, El Hashash A, Xu P. Six1 regulates Grem1 expression in the metanephric mesenchyme to initiate branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;352:141-51 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers an essential function for Six1 in the MM as an upstream regulator of Grem1 in initiating branching morphogenesis. ..
- Goddard L, Duchemin A, Ramalingan H, Wu B, Chen M, Bamezai S, et al. Hemodynamic Forces Sculpt Developing Heart Valves through a KLF2-WNT9B Paracrine Signaling Axis. Dev Cell. 2017;43:274-289.e5 pubmed publisher..Endocardial Klf2 deficiency results in defective valve formation associated with loss of Wnt9b expression and reduced canonical WNT signaling in neighboring mesenchymal cells, a phenotype reproduced by ..
- Juriloff D, Harris M, Dewell S. A digenic cause of cleft lip in A-strain mice and definition of candidate genes for the two loci. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2004;70:509-18 pubmed..The clf1 region contains 10 known genes (Arf2, Cdc27, Crhr1, Gosr2, Itgb3, Mapt, Myl4, Nsf, Wnt3, and Wnt9b). The clf2 region contains 17 known genes with human orthologs. Both regions contain additional potential genes...