Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt5b
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 5B
Alias: AW545702, Wnt-5b, protein Wnt-5b, wingless-related MMTV integration site 5B
- Agalliu D, Takada S, Agalliu I, McMahon A, Jessell T. Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signaling. Neuron. 2009;61:708-20 pubmed publisher..of MMC fate involves a dorsoventral signaling program mediated by three Wnt proteins (Wnt4, Wnt5a, and Wnt5b) expressed in and around the floor plate...
- Bradbury J, Niemeyer C, Dale T, Edwards P. Alterations of the growth characteristics of the fibroblast cell line C3H 10T1/2 by members of the Wnt gene family. Oncogene. 1994;9:2597-603 pubmed..We conclude that at least some mesenchymal cells can respond to Wnt gene products. Our results are also the first report of biological effects of Wnt-6 and Wnt-7b. ..
- Tanaka K, Okabayashi K, Asashima M, Perrimon N, Kadowaki T. The evolutionarily conserved porcupine gene family is involved in the processing of the Wnt family. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:4300-11 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the porc gene family encodes the multitransmembrane ER proteins, which are evolutionarily well conserved and involved in processing the Wnt family. ..
- Knosp W, Knox S, Lombaert I, Haddox C, Patel V, Hoffman M. Submandibular parasympathetic gangliogenesis requires sprouty-dependent Wnt signals from epithelial progenitors. Dev Cell. 2015;32:667-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, K5+ progenitors produce Wnt signals to establish the PSG-epithelial communication required for organ innervation and progenitor cell maintenance. ..
- Hanashima C, Fernandes M, Hebert J, Fishell G. The role of Foxg1 and dorsal midline signaling in the generation of Cajal-Retzius subtypes. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11103-11 pubmed
- Burrus L, McMahon A. Biochemical analysis of murine Wnt proteins reveals both shared and distinct properties. Exp Cell Res. 1995;220:363-73 pubmed..Whereas addition of suramin to COS cell cultures significantly increases the levels of all six Wnts in the medium, the addition of heparin only influences the levels of Wnt-1, Wnt-6, and Wnt-7b. ..
- Kanazawa A, Tsukada S, Kamiyama M, Yanagimoto T, Nakajima M, Maeda S. Wnt5b partially inhibits canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and promotes adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:505-10 pubmedTo elucidate the functional roles of Wnt5b in adipogenesis, we characterized gene expression profiles in Wnt5b overexpressing 3T3-L1 cells using microarray analysis...
- Yamaguchi Y, Ogura S, Ishida M, Karasawa M, Takada S. Gene trap screening as an effective approach for identification of Wnt-responsive genes in the mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:484-95 pubmed..These results indicate that the gene trap is an effective method for systematic identification of Wnt-responsive genes during embryogenesis. ..
- Dawe C, Kooistra M, Fairbridge N, Pisio A, McDermid H. Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:372-83 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of Cecr2 action in neurogenesis and inner ear development is likely complex. ..
- Liu H, Mohamed O, Dufort D, Wallace V. Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retina. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:323-34 pubmed
- Ang S, Stump R, Lovicu F, McAvoy J. Spatial and temporal expression of Wnt and Dickkopf genes during murine lens development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:289-95 pubmed..In situ hybridisation showed that Wnt5a, Wnt5b, Wnt7a, Wnt7b, Wnt8a and Wnt8b genes are expressed throughout the early lens primordia. At embryonic day 14.5 (E14...
- Levi G, Mantero S, Barbieri O, Cantatore D, Paleari L, Beverdam A, et al. Msx1 and Dlx5 act independently in development of craniofacial skeleton, but converge on the regulation of Bmp signaling in palate formation. Mech Dev. 2006;123:3-16 pubmed..These results highlight the importance of precise spatial and temporal regulation of the Bmp/Bmp antagonist system during palate closure...
- Gofflot F, Hall M, Morriss Kay G. Genetic patterning of the developing mouse tail at the time of posterior neuropore closure. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:431-45 pubmed..Specifically, we report continuity of expression of the genes Wnt5a, Wnt5b, Evx1, Fgf8, RARgamma, Brachyury, and Hoxb1 from primitive streak and node into subpopulations of the tail bud and ..
- Loureiro J. The Wnts. Curr Biol. 1999;9:R4 pubmed
- Suomalainen M, Thesleff I. Patterns of Wnt pathway activity in the mouse incisor indicate absence of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the epithelial stem cells. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:364-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that epithelial stem cells in the mouse incisors are not regulated directly by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. ..
- da Silva F, Rocha A, Motamedi F, Massa F, Basboga C, Morrison H, et al. Coronary Artery Formation Is Driven by Localized Expression of R-spondin3. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1745-1754 pubmed publisher..These results identify a mechanism through which localized expression of RSPO3 induces proliferation of the coronary arteries at their stems and permits their formation. ..
- Kuss P, Kraft K, Stumm J, Ibrahim D, Vallecillo García P, Mundlos S, et al. Regulation of cell polarity in the cartilage growth plate and perichondrium of metacarpal elements by HOXD13 and WNT5A. Dev Biol. 2014;385:83-93 pubmed publisher..We observed a similar cell polarity defect in metacarpals of Wnt5a(-/-) mice. Wnt5a and the closely related Wnt5b were downregulated in spdh handplates, and HOXD13 induced expression of both genes in vitro...
- Kimura T, Nakamura T, Murayama K, Umehara H, Yamano N, Watanabe S, et al. The stabilization of beta-catenin leads to impaired primordial germ cell development via aberrant cell cycle progression. Dev Biol. 2006;300:545-53 pubmed..Our results show that the suppression of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is a prerequisite for the normal development of PGCs. ..
- Gavin B, McMahon J, McMahon A. Expression of multiple novel Wnt-1/int-1-related genes during fetal and adult mouse development. Genes Dev. 1990;4:2319-32 pubmed..All new Wnt family members are expressed in adult tissues, particularly in brain and lung. These data support the view that the Wnt-1/int-1 family constitutes a large family of signaling peptides with diverse roles in mouse development. ..
- Minegishi K, Hashimoto M, Ajima R, Takaoka K, Shinohara K, Ikawa Y, et al. A Wnt5 Activity Asymmetry and Intercellular Signaling via PCP Proteins Polarize Node Cells for Left-Right Symmetry Breaking. Dev Cell. 2017;40:439-452.e4 pubmed publisher..How node cells become polarized has remained unknown, however. Wnt5a and Wnt5b are expressed posteriorly relative to the node, whereas genes for Sfrp inhibitors of Wnt signaling are expressed ..
- Morello F, Prasad A, Rehberg K, Vieira de SÃ¡ R, AntÃ³n BolaÃ±os N, Leyva Díaz E, et al. Frizzled3 Controls Axonal Polarity and Intermediate Target Entry during Striatal Pathway Development. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14205-19 pubmed publisher..e., striatal and thalamocortical axons). ..
- Wright K, Mahoney Rogers A, Zhang J, Shim K. Cooperative and independent functions of FGF and Wnt signaling during early inner ear development. BMC Dev Biol. 2015;15:33 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data suggest that although specification of the otic placode may be globally regulated by FGF signaling, otic specification of cells in which both FGF and Wnt signaling are active may be more tightly regulated. ..
- Orelio C, Dzierzak E. Identification of 2 novel genes developmentally regulated in the mouse aorta-gonad-mesonephros region. Blood. 2003;101:2246-9 pubmed..The identification of differentially expressed genes in the AGM region should yield further insights into the development of this tissue and into the emergence and regulation of HSCs...
- Takada S, Stark K, Shea M, Vassileva G, McMahon J, McMahon A. Wnt-3a regulates somite and tailbud formation in the mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1994;8:174-89 pubmed..We suggest that dysmorphology is secondary to the mesodermal and axial defects and that dorsal patterning of the CNS may be regulated by inductive signals arising from surface ectoderm. ..
- Lickert H, Kispert A, Kutsch S, Kemler R. Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut development. Mech Dev. 2001;105:181-4 pubmed..Wnt11 is expressed in the epithelium of esophagus and colon, but also in mesenchymal cells of the stomach. Wnt5b and Wnt6 exhibit restricted expression in the epithelium of the esophagus...
- Keeble T, Halford M, Seaman C, Kee N, Macheda M, Anderson R, et al. The Wnt receptor Ryk is required for Wnt5a-mediated axon guidance on the contralateral side of the corpus callosum. J Neurosci. 2006;26:5840-8 pubmed..Our analysis of Ryk function further advances our understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying the formation of this important commissure. ..
- Gofflot F, Hall M, Morriss Kay G. Genetic patterning of the posterior neuropore region of curly tail mouse embryos: deficiency of Wnt5a expression. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:637-44 pubmed..The genes analyzed were Shh, HNF3alpha, HNF3beta, Brachyury, Hoxb1, Evx1, Fgf8, Wnt5a and Wnt5b. No differences could be detected between non-mutant embryos and ct/ct embryos with normal PNP size for any of ..
- Uusitalo M, Heikkilä M, Vainio S. Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouse. Exp Cell Res. 1999;253:336-48 pubmed
- Bradley E, Drissi M. Wnt5b regulates mesenchymal cell aggregation and chondrocyte differentiation through the planar cell polarity pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:1683-93 pubmed publisherAlthough genetic evidence has demonstrated a role for Wnt5b during cartilage and limb development, little is known about the mechanisms underlying Wnt5b-regulated chondrocyte differentiation...
- Sugiyama N, Tsukiyama T, Yamaguchi T, Yokoyama T. The canonical Wnt signaling pathway is not involved in renal cyst development in the kidneys of inv mutant mice. Kidney Int. 2011;79:957-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results do not support the hypothesis that canonical Wnt signaling causes renal cyst development in these mice. ..
- Yang Y, Topol L, Lee H, Wu J. Wnt5a and Wnt5b exhibit distinct activities in coordinating chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. Development. 2003;130:1003-15 pubmed..We have studied the roles of two members of the Wnt family, Wnt5a and Wnt5b in long bone development...
- van Tienen F, Laeremans H, van der Kallen C, Smeets H. Wnt5b stimulates adipogenesis by activating PPARgamma, and inhibiting the beta-catenin dependent Wnt signaling pathway together with Wnt5a. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:207-11 pubmed publisher..Gene expression studies showed that beta-catenin independent Wnt5b was down-regulated in T2DM preadipocytes, while its paralog Wnt5a was unchanged...
- Daneman R, Agalliu D, Zhou L, Kuhnert F, Kuo C, Barres B. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is required for CNS, but not non-CNS, angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:641-6 pubmed publisher..Taken together these experiments reveal an essential role for Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in driving CNS-specific angiogenesis and provide molecular evidence that angiogenesis and BBB formation are in part linked. ..
- Mohamed O, Dufort D, Clarke H. Expression and estradiol regulation of Wnt genes in the mouse blastocyst identify a candidate pathway for embryo-maternal signaling at implantation. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:417-24 pubmed
- Gavin B, McMahon A. Differential regulation of the Wnt gene family during pregnancy and lactation suggests a role in postnatal development of the mammary gland. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:2418-23 pubmed..We propose that Wnt-mediated signalling is involved in normal regulation of mammary development and that inappropriate expression of Wnt-1, Wnt-3, and possibly other family members can interfere with these signalling pathways. ..
- Balciunaite G, Keller M, Balciunaite E, Piali L, Zuklys S, Mathieu Y, et al. Wnt glycoproteins regulate the expression of FoxN1, the gene defective in nude mice. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:1102-8 pubmed..Wnt molecules therefore provide regulatory signals critical for thymic function. ..
- Bourhis E, Tam C, Franke Y, Bazan J, Ernst J, Hwang J, et al. Reconstitution of a frizzled8.Wnt3a.LRP6 signaling complex reveals multiple Wnt and Dkk1 binding sites on LRP6. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9172-9 pubmed publisher..The existence of multiple, independent Wnt binding sites on the LRP6 co-receptor suggests new possibilities for the architecture of Wnt signaling complexes and a model for broad-spectrum inhibition of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling by Dkk1. ..
- Nusse R, Brown A, Papkoff J, Scambler P, Shackleford G, McMahon A, et al. A new nomenclature for int-1 and related genes: the Wnt gene family. Cell. 1991;64:231 pubmed