Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt11
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 11
Alias: protein Wnt-11, wingless-related MMTV integration site 11
- Bridgewater D, Cox B, Cain J, Lau A, Athaide V, Gill P, et al. Canonical WNT/beta-catenin signaling is required for ureteric branching. Dev Biol. 2008;317:83-94 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that beta-catenin performs essential functions during renal branching morphogenesis via control of a hierarchy of genes that control ureteric branching. ..
- Cohen E, Miller M, Wang Z, Moon R, Morrisey E. Wnt5a and Wnt11 are essential for second heart field progenitor development. Development. 2012;139:1931-40 pubmed publisher..We show that two non-canonical Wnt ligands, Wnt5a and Wnt11, are co-required to regulate second heart field development in mice...
- Lako M, Strachan T, Bullen P, Wilson D, Robson S, Lindsay S. Isolation, characterisation and embryonic expression of WNT11, a gene which maps to 11q13.5 and has possible roles in the development of skeleton, kidney and lung. Gene. 1998;219:101-10 pubmed..We have recently isolated the full-length cDNA sequence of a new human WNT gene, WNT11, investigated its genomic organisation and performed detailed expression studies in early human embryos...
- Nakaya M, Biris K, Tsukiyama T, Jaime S, Rawls J, Yamaguchi T. Wnt3a links left-right determination with segmentation and anteroposterior axis elongation. Development. 2005;132:5425-36 pubmed..Thus, Wnt3a links the segmentation clock and AP axis elongation with key left-determining events, suggesting that Wnt3a is an integral component of the trunk organizer. ..
- Kobayashi A, Kwan K, Carroll T, McMahon A, Mendelsohn C, Behringer R. Distinct and sequential tissue-specific activities of the LIM-class homeobox gene Lim1 for tubular morphogenesis during kidney development. Development. 2005;132:2809-23 pubmed..We also demonstrate that the nephric duct is essential for the elongation and maintenance of the adjacent Mullerian duct, the anlage of the female reproductive tract. ..
- Tao Q, Yokota C, Puck H, Kofron M, Birsoy B, Yan D, et al. Maternal wnt11 activates the canonical wnt signaling pathway required for axis formation in Xenopus embryos. Cell. 2005;120:857-71 pubmed..First, we identify Wnt11 as the initiating signal. Second, we show that activation requires the glycosyl transferase X.EXT1...
- Nagalakshmi V, Ren Q, Pugh M, Valerius M, McMahon A, Yu J. Dicer regulates the development of nephrogenic and ureteric compartments in the mammalian kidney. Kidney Int. 2011;79:317-30 pubmed publisher..Dicer removal also disrupted branching morphogenesis with the phenotype correlating with downregulation of Wnt11 and c-Ret expression at ureteric tips...
- Kuure S, Cebrian C, MACHINGO Q, Lu B, Chi X, Hyink D, et al. Actin depolymerizing factors cofilin1 and destrin are required for ureteric bud branching morphogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001176 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that ADF activity, provided by either cofilin1 or destrin, is essential in UB epithelial cells for normal growth and branching. ..
- Ola R, Jakobson M, Kvist J, Perälä N, Kuure S, Braunewell K, et al. The GDNF target Vsnl1 marks the ureteric tip. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:274-84 pubmed publisher..In summary, Vsnl1 marks ureteric bud tips in embryonic kidneys, and its mosaic pattern demonstrates a heterogeneity of cell types that may be critical for normal ureteric branching. ..
- Michos O, Cebrian C, Hyink D, Grieshammer U, Williams L, D AGATI V, et al. Kidney development in the absence of Gdnf and Spry1 requires Fgf10. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000809 pubmed publisher..In contrast to GDNF or FGF10, Etv4 and Etv5 represent a critical node in the RTK signaling network that cannot by bypassed by reducing the negative regulation of upstream signals. ..
- Carroll T, Park J, Hayashi S, Majumdar A, McMahon A. Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital system. Dev Cell. 2005;9:283-92 pubmed..Together these findings suggest that Wnt9b is a common organizing signal regulating diverse components of the mammalian urogenital system...
- Nagy I, Railo A, Rapila R, Hast T, Sormunen R, Tavi P, et al. Wnt-11 signalling controls ventricular myocardium development by patterning N-cadherin and beta-catenin expression. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:100-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Wnt-11 signalling serves as a critical cell adhesion cue for the organization of the cardiomyocytes in the developing ventricular wall, which is essential for the establishment of a functional heart. ..
- Gonçalves A, Zeller R. Genetic analysis reveals an unexpected role of BMP7 in initiation of ureteric bud outgrowth in mouse embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19370 pubmed publisher..In mouse embryos lacking both Grem1 and Bmp7, GDNF/WNT11 feedback signaling and the expression of the Etv4 target gene, which regulates formation of the invading ureteric ..
- Kuschert S, Rowitch D, Haenig B, McMahon A, Kispert A. Characterization of Pax-2 regulatory sequences that direct transgene expression in the Wolffian duct and its derivatives. Dev Biol. 2001;229:128-40 pubmed
- Karner C, Dietrich M, Johnson E, Kappesser N, Tennert C, Percin F, et al. Lrp4 regulates initiation of ureteric budding and is crucial for kidney formation--a mouse model for Cenani-Lenz syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10418 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Lrp4 is a critical regulator of UB branching and lack of Lrp4 results in congenital kidney malformations in humans and mice. ..
- Willecke R, Heuberger J, Grossmann K, Michos O, Schmidt Ott K, Walentin K, et al. The tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 acts downstream of GDNF/Ret in branching morphogenesis of the developing mouse kidney. Dev Biol. 2011;360:310-7 pubmed publisher..Apparently, Shp2 mediates not only GDNF/Ret but also signaling by other receptor tyrosine kinases in branching morphogenesis of the embryonic kidney. ..
- Cain J, Islam E, Haxho F, Blake J, Rosenblum N. GLI3 repressor controls functional development of the mouse ureter. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1199-206 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that Hh signaling controls Kit and Hcn3 expression and ureter peristalsis. ..
- Chi L, Zhang S, Lin Y, Prunskaite Hyyryläinen R, Vuolteenaho R, Itäranta P, et al. Sprouty proteins regulate ureteric branching by coordinating reciprocal epithelial Wnt11, mesenchymal Gdnf and stromal Fgf7 signalling during kidney development. Development. 2004;131:3345-56 pubmed..The experimentally induced dysmorphology associated with deregulated expression of Wnt11, Gdnf and Fgf7 genes in the early stages of organogenesis indicated a crucial role for sprouty function in ..
- Miyazaki Y, Oshima K, Fogo A, Hogan B, Ichikawa I. Bone morphogenetic protein 4 regulates the budding site and elongation of the mouse ureter. J Clin Invest. 2000;105:863-73 pubmed..The other is to promote the elongation of the branching ureter within the metanephros, thereby promoting kidney morphogenesis. ..
- Zhou W, Lin L, Majumdar A, Li X, Zhang X, Liu W, et al. Modulation of morphogenesis by noncanonical Wnt signaling requires ATF/CREB family-mediated transcriptional activation of TGFbeta2. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1225-34 pubmed..Here, we define a transcriptional pathway important in noncanonical Wnt signaling. We have found that Wnt11 is a direct target of a canonical beta-catenin pathway in developing heart and that Wnt11 mutants show cardiac ..
- Patterson L, Pembaur M, Potter S. Hoxa11 and Hoxd11 regulate branching morphogenesis of the ureteric bud in the developing kidney. Development. 2001;128:2153-61 pubmed
- Yang D, McKee K, Chen Z, Mernaugh G, Strickland S, Zent R, et al. Renal collecting system growth and function depend upon embryonic ?1 laminin expression. Development. 2011;138:4535-44 pubmed publisher..mRNA levels for fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and mediators of the GDNF/RET and WNT11 signaling pathway were also decreased...
- Michos O, Gonçalves A, Lopez Rios J, Tiecke E, Naillat F, Beier K, et al. Reduction of BMP4 activity by gremlin 1 enables ureteric bud outgrowth and GDNF/WNT11 feedback signalling during kidney branching morphogenesis. Development. 2007;134:2397-405 pubmed..All epithelial buds express Wnt11, and Gdnf is significantly upregulated in the surrounding mesenchyme, indicating that epithelial-mesenchymal (e-m) ..
- Chi L, Saarela U, Railo A, Prunskaite Hyyryläinen R, Skovorodkin I, Anthony S, et al. A secreted BMP antagonist, Cer1, fine tunes the spatial organization of the ureteric bud tree during mouse kidney development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27676 pubmed publisher..Cer1 gain of function is associated with moderately elevated expression of Gdnf and Wnt11, which is also induced in the case of Cer1 deficiency, where Bmp4 expression is reduced, indicating the dependence ..
- Yosypiv I, Boh M, Spera M, El Dahr S. Downregulation of Spry-1, an inhibitor of GDNF/Ret, causes angiotensin II-induced ureteric bud branching. Kidney Int. 2008;74:1287-93 pubmed publisher..kidney development is the c-Ret receptor tyrosine kinase whose ligand is GDNF and whose downstream target is Wnt11. We determined whether angiotensin II, an inducer of ureteric bud branching in vitro, influences the GDNF/c-Ret/..
- da Silva F, Rocha A, Motamedi F, Massa F, Basboga C, Morrison H, et al. Coronary Artery Formation Is Driven by Localized Expression of R-spondin3. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1745-1754 pubmed publisher..These results identify a mechanism through which localized expression of RSPO3 induces proliferation of the coronary arteries at their stems and permits their formation. ..
- Haque F, Kaku Y, Fujimura S, Ohmori T, Adelstein R, Nishinakamura R. Non-muscle myosin II deletion in the developing kidney causes ureter-bladder misconnection and apical extrusion of the nephric duct lineage epithelia. Dev Biol. 2017;427:121-130 pubmed publisher..Thus, myosin II is essential for maintaining the apicobasal integrity of the developing kidney epithelia independently of Ret signaling. ..
- Brooker D, Kozak C, Kleyman T. Epithelial sodium channel genes Scnn1b and Scnn1g are closely linked on distal mouse chromosome 7. Genomics. 1995;29:784-6 pubmed..Scnn1b and Scnn1g were determined to be closely linked on distal mouse chromosome 7, showing no recombination with Zp2, whereas the gene for the alpha-subunit, Scnn1a, was confirmed to map to distal mouse chromosome 6. ..
- Stefater J, Lewkowich I, Rao S, Mariggi G, Carpenter A, Burr A, et al. Regulation of angiogenesis by a non-canonical Wnt-Flt1 pathway in myeloid cells. Nature. 2011;474:511-5 pubmed publisher..We also show that mutation of Wnt5a and Wnt11 results in increased angiogenesis and that these ligands elicit RMC responses via a non-canonical Wnt pathway...
- Nigmatullina L, Norkin M, Dzama M, Messner B, Sayols S, Soshnikova N. Id2 controls specification of Lgr5+ intestinal stem cell progenitors during gut development. EMBO J. 2017;36:869-885 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, adult ISCs from Id2-deficient mice display a distinct transcriptional signature, supporting an essential role for Id2 in the correct specification of ISCs. ..
- Risebro C, Smart N, Dupays L, Breckenridge R, Mohun T, Riley P. Hand1 regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation versus differentiation in the developing heart. Development. 2006;133:4595-606 pubmed
- Cai C, Zhou W, Yang L, Bu L, Qyang Y, Zhang X, et al. T-box genes coordinate regional rates of proliferation and regional specification during cardiogenesis. Development. 2005;132:2475-87 pubmed
- Maye P, Zheng J, Li L, Wu D. Multiple mechanisms for Wnt11-mediated repression of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24659-65 pubmedThe effect of a noncanonical Wnt, Wnt11, on canonical Wnt signaling stimulated by Wnt1 and activated forms of LRP5 (low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-5), Dishevelled1 (Dvl1), and beta-catenin was examined in NIH3T3 cells ..
- Ihermann Hella A, Lume M, Miinalainen I, Pirttiniemi A, Gui Y, Peranen J, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway regulates branching by remodeling epithelial cell adhesion. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004193 pubmed publisher..We show that MAPK activity is required for branching morphogenesis, and propose that it promotes cell cycle progression and higher cellular motility through remodeling of cellular adhesions. ..
- Mittal A, Pulina M, Hou S, Astrof S. Fibronectin and integrin alpha 5 play requisite roles in cardiac morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;381:73-82 pubmed publisher..We show that these defects are likely due to the requirement for cell adhesion to fibronectin for proliferation of myocardial progenitors and for Fgf8 signaling in the pharyngeal region. ..
- Phelep A, Laouari D, Bharti K, Burtin M, Tammaccaro S, Garbay S, et al. MITF - A controls branching morphogenesis and nephron endowment. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007093 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncover a novel transcriptional network that controls branching morphogenesis during kidney development and identifies one of the first modifier genes of nephron endowment. ..
- Ikeya M, Takada S. Wnt signaling from the dorsal neural tube is required for the formation of the medial dermomyotome. Development. 1998;125:4969-76 pubmed..These results indicate that Wnt-1 and Wnt-3a signalings actually regulate the formation of the medial compartment of the dermomyotome and the early part of myogenesis. ..
- Weidenfeld J, Shu W, Zhang L, Millar S, Morrisey E. The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21061-70 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2. ..
- Zhang P, Cai Y, Soofi A, Dressler G. Activation of Wnt11 by transforming growth factor-? drives mesenchymal gene expression through non-canonical Wnt protein signaling in renal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:21290-302 pubmed publisher..a screen for genes directly activated by TGF-?, we found that components of the Wnt signaling pathway, especially Wnt11, were targets of activation by TGF-? and Smad3 in primary renal epithelial cells...
- Dawson K, Aflaki M, Nattel S. Role of the Wnt-Frizzled system in cardiac pathophysiology: a rapidly developing, poorly understood area with enormous potential. J Physiol. 2013;591:1409-32 pubmed publisher..Much more needs to be learned for its contributions to be fully appreciated, and to permit more effective exploitation of its enormous potential in therapeutic development. ..
- Hayashi K, Yoshioka S, Reardon S, Rucker E, Spencer T, DeMayo F, et al. WNTs in the neonatal mouse uterus: potential regulation of endometrial gland development. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:308-19 pubmed publisher..to diethylstilbestrol (DES) on Wnt and Fzd gene expression in the mouse uterus as well as the biological role of Wnt11 in postnatal mouse uterine development and function...
- Anton R, Kestler H, Kuhl M. Beta-catenin signaling contributes to stemness and regulates early differentiation in murine embryonic stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5247-54 pubmed..Oct-3/4, nanog and Wnt11 were able to repress TCF/beta-catenin transcriptional activity...
- van Vliet P, Lin L, Boogerd C, Martin J, Andelfinger G, Grossfeld P, et al. Tissue specific requirements for WNT11 in developing outflow tract and dorsal mesenchymal protrusion. Dev Biol. 2017;429:249-259 pubmed publisher..We previously found that WNT11 regulates outflow tract development...
- Gerber S, Steinberg F, Beyeler M, Villiger P, Trueb B. The murine Fgfrl1 receptor is essential for the development of the metanephric kidney. Dev Biol. 2009;335:106-19 pubmed publisher..We also observed a loss of Pax2 positive nephron precursor cells and an increase of apoptosis in the cortical zone of the remnant kidney. Fgfrl1 is therefore essential for mesenchymal differentiation in the early steps of nephrogenesis. ..
- Lechner M, Dressler G. The molecular basis of embryonic kidney development. Mech Dev. 1997;62:105-20 pubmed..Although the factors involved are far from completely known a rough framework of a molecular cascade which governs embryonic kidney development is beginning to emerge. ..
- Nagy I, Xu Q, Naillat F, Ali N, Miinalainen I, Samoylenko A, et al. Impairment of Wnt11 function leads to kidney tubular abnormalities and secondary glomerular cystogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2016;16:30 pubmed publisherb>Wnt11 is a member of the Wnt family of secreted signals controlling the early steps in ureteric bud (UB) branching...
- van de Ven R, Tenhagen M, Meuleman W, van Riel J, Schackmann R, Derksen P. Nuclear p120-catenin regulates the anoikis resistance of mouse lobular breast cancer cells through Kaiso-dependent Wnt11 expression. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:373-84 pubmed publisher..mouse ILC cells, and identified 29 candidate target genes, including the established Kaiso target Wnt11. Our data indicate that anchorage-independent upregulation of Wnt11 in ILC cells is controlled by nuclear p120 ..
- Neumann P, Koch S, Hilgarth R, Perez Chanona E, Denning P, Jobin C, et al. Gut commensal bacteria and regional Wnt gene expression in the proximal versus distal colon. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:592-9 pubmed publisher..Several Wnt agonists (Wnt5a, Wnt8b, and Wnt11), the Wnt receptor frizzled family receptor 3, and the Wnt inhibitory factor 1 were differentially expressed along ..
- Kwon O, Adamson M, Chin H, Kozak C. Genetic mapping of five mouse genes encoding synaptotagmins. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:880-1 pubmed
- Uusitalo M, Heikkilä M, Vainio S. Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouse. Exp Cell Res. 1999;253:336-48 pubmed
- Spörle R. Epaxial-adaxial-hypaxial regionalisation of the vertebrate somite: evidence for a somitic organiser and a mirror-image duplication. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:198-217 pubmed
- Malek S, Yang C, Earnshaw W, Kozak C, Desiderio S. p150TSP, a conserved nuclear phosphoprotein that contains multiple tetratricopeptide repeats and binds specifically to SH2 domains. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6952-62 pubmed..The gene encoding p150TSP (Tsp) was mapped to chromosome 7 of the mouse with gene order: centromere-Tyr-Wnt11-Tsp-Zp2...
- Schwab K, Patterson L, Hartman H, Song N, Lang R, Lin X, et al. Pygo1 and Pygo2 roles in Wnt signaling in mammalian kidney development. BMC Biol. 2007;5:15 pubmed..In mammals, the Pygo1/Pygo2 genes are not absolutely required for canonical Wnt signaling in most developing systems, but rather function as quantitative transducers, or modulators, of Wnt signal intensity. ..
- Porntaveetus T, Ohazama A, Choi H, Herz J, Sharpe P. Wnt signaling in the murine diastema. Eur J Orthod. 2012;34:518-24 pubmed publisher..The expression of Wnt6 and Wnt11 was found in both tissues...
- Valenta T, Gay M, Steiner S, Draganova K, Zemke M, Hoffmans R, et al. Probing transcription-specific outputs of ?-catenin in vivo. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2631-43 pubmed publisher..Our model animals thus allow dissecting signaling and structural functions of ?-catenin in vivo and provide the first genetic tool to generate cells and tissues that entirely and exclusively lack canonical Wnt pathway activity. ..
- Uchiyama Y, Sakaguchi M, Terabayashi T, Inenaga T, Inoue S, Kobayashi C, et al. Kif26b, a kinesin family gene, regulates adhesion of the embryonic kidney mesenchyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:9240-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, Kif26b is essential for kidney development because it regulates the adhesion of mesenchymal cells in contact with ureteric buds. ..
- Liu Z, Li Y, Tan Y, Xiao M, Zhang J, Radtke F, et al. Inhibition of fibroblast growth by Notch1 signaling is mediated by induction of Wnt11-dependent WISP-1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38811 pubmed publisher..Notch1-induced WISP-1 expression appeared to be Wnt11-dependent, but Wnt1-independent...
- Sugiyama N, Tsukiyama T, Yamaguchi T, Yokoyama T. The canonical Wnt signaling pathway is not involved in renal cyst development in the kidneys of inv mutant mice. Kidney Int. 2011;79:957-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results do not support the hypothesis that canonical Wnt signaling causes renal cyst development in these mice. ..
- Gibbs B, Damerla R, Vladar E, Chatterjee B, Wan Y, Liu X, et al. Prickle1 mutation causes planar cell polarity and directional cell migration defects associated with cardiac outflow tract anomalies and other structural birth defects. Biol Open. 2016;5:323-35 pubmed publisher..Together these findings show Pk1 plays an essential role in regulating cell polarity and directional cell migration during development. ..
- Snowball J, Ambalavanan M, Whitsett J, Sinner D. Endodermal Wnt signaling is required for tracheal cartilage formation. Dev Biol. 2015;405:56-70 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Wnt ligands produced by the tracheal epithelium pattern the tracheal mesenchyme via modulation of gene expression and cell proliferation required for proper tracheal cartilage and smooth muscle differentiation. ..
- Boivin F, Sarin S, Lim J, Javidan A, Svajger B, Khalili H, et al. Stromally expressed Î²-catenin modulates Wnt9b signaling in the ureteric epithelium. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120347 pubmed publisher..We propose that Î²-catenin in the renal stroma modulates a genetic program in ureteric epithelium that is required for the induction of nephron progenitors. ..
- Von Both I, Silvestri C, Erdemir T, Lickert H, Walls J, Henkelman R, et al. Foxh1 is essential for development of the anterior heart field. Dev Cell. 2004;7:331-45 pubmed..Thus, Foxh1 and Nkx2-5 functionally interact and are essential for development of the AHF and its derivatives, the RV and OFT, in response to TGFbeta-like signals. ..
- Lickert H, Kispert A, Kutsch S, Kemler R. Expression patterns of Wnt genes in mouse gut development. Mech Dev. 2001;105:181-4 pubmed..b>Wnt11 is expressed in the epithelium of esophagus and colon, but also in mesenchymal cells of the stomach...
- Zhang Z, Li H, Ma Z, Feng J, GAO P, Dong H, et al. Efficient cardiomyogenic differentiation of bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells by combination of Wnt11 and bone morphogenetic protein 2. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:768-76 pubmed publisherb>Wnt11 and bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) are key signaling factors for stem cell differentiation into functional cardiomyocytes (CMs)...
- Mao Y, Mulvaney J, Zakaria S, Yu T, Morgan K, Allen S, et al. Characterization of a Dchs1 mutant mouse reveals requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling during mammalian development. Development. 2011;138:947-57 pubmed publisher..Our analysis implies that Dchs1 and Fat4 function as a ligand-receptor pair during murine development, and identifies novel requirements for Dchs1-Fat4 signaling in multiple organs. ..
- Kimura T, Nakamura T, Murayama K, Umehara H, Yamano N, Watanabe S, et al. The stabilization of beta-catenin leads to impaired primordial germ cell development via aberrant cell cycle progression. Dev Biol. 2006;300:545-53 pubmed..Our results show that the suppression of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling is a prerequisite for the normal development of PGCs. ..
- Mathew S, Palamuttam R, Mernaugh G, Ramalingam H, Lu Z, Zhang M, et al. Talin regulates integrin β1-dependent and -independent cell functions in ureteric bud development. Development. 2017;144:4148-4158 pubmed publisher..Thus, talins are essential for kidney collecting duct development through mechanisms that extend beyond those requiring binding to the β1 integrin subunit NPxY motif. ..
- Kim J, Lee M, Cho K, Lee J, Kim Y, Kim J, et al. Shh and ROCK1 modulate the dynamic epithelial morphogenesis in circumvallate papilla development. Dev Biol. 2009;325:273-80 pubmed publisher..be two different mechanisms in the apex and the trench wall forming regions with specific expression patterns of Wnt11 and Shh...
- Seo S, Kume T. Forkhead transcription factors, Foxc1 and Foxc2, are required for the morphogenesis of the cardiac outflow tract. Dev Biol. 2006;296:421-36 pubmed..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Foxc1 and Foxc2 play pivotal roles in the early processes of heart development, especially acting upstream of the Tbx1-FGF cascade during the morphogenesis of the OFT. ..
- Phillips H, Murdoch J, Chaudhry B, Copp A, Henderson D. Vangl2 acts via RhoA signaling to regulate polarized cell movements during development of the proximal outflow tract. Circ Res. 2005;96:292-9 pubmed
- Liu H, Mohamed O, Dufort D, Wallace V. Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retina. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:323-34 pubmed
- Franco C, Jones M, Bernabeu M, Vion A, Barbacena P, Fan J, et al. Non-canonical Wnt signalling modulates the endothelial shear stress flow sensor in vascular remodelling. elife. 2016;5:e07727 pubmed publisher..Loss of Wnt5a/Wnt11 renders endothelial cells more sensitive to shear, resulting in axial polarization and migration against flow at ..
- Kim D, Park C, Yoon J, Song W. Differential expression of the Wnt and Frizzled genes in Flk1+ cells derived from mouse ES cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2008;26:24-32 pubmed..RT-PCR analyses identified significantly higher expression of non-canonical Wnt5a and Wnt11 genes in Flk1+ cells compared to Flk1- cells...
- Grisaru S, Cano Gauci D, Tee J, Filmus J, Rosenblum N. Glypican-3 modulates BMP- and FGF-mediated effects during renal branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2001;231:31-46 pubmed..We propose that GPC3 modulates the actions of stimulatory and inhibitory growth factors during branching morphogenesis. ..
- Yamamoto S, Nishimura O, Misaki K, Nishita M, Minami Y, Yonemura S, et al. Cthrc1 selectively activates the planar cell polarity pathway of Wnt signaling by stabilizing the Wnt-receptor complex. Dev Cell. 2008;15:23-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cthrc1 is a Wnt cofactor protein that selectively activates the Wnt/PCP pathway by stabilizing ligand-receptor interaction. ..
- Dabdoub A, Donohue M, Brennan A, Wolf V, Montcouquiol M, Sassoon D, et al. Wnt signaling mediates reorientation of outer hair cell stereociliary bundles in the mammalian cochlea. Development. 2003;130:2375-84 pubmed..We propose that Wnt signaling across the region of developing outer hair cells gives rise to planar polarity in the mammalian cochlea. ..