Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wnt10a
Description: wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 10A
Alias: protein Wnt-10a, wingless related MMTV integration site 10a
- Voutilainen M, Lindfors P, Trela E, LÃ¶nnblad D, Shirokova V, Elo T, et al. Ectodysplasin/NF-ÎºB Promotes Mammary Cell Fate via Wnt/Î²-catenin Pathway. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005676 pubmed publisher..Using an ex vivo culture system, we show that suppression of canonical Wnt signalling leads to a dose-dependent inhibition of supernumerary placodes in K14-Eda tissue explants. ..
- Chen Y, Wu R, Yang X, Kou S, MacDougald O, Yu L, et al. Inhibiting DNA methylation switches adipogenesis to osteoblastogenesis by activating Wnt10a. Sci Rep. 2016;6:25283 pubmed publisher..This dual effect of 5-Aza-dC was associated with up-regulation of Wnt10a, a key factor determining the fate of the mesenchymal lineage towards osteoblasts...
- Cawthorn W, Bree A, Yao Y, Du B, Hemati N, Martinez Santibañez G, et al. Wnt6, Wnt10a and Wnt10b inhibit adipogenesis and stimulate osteoblastogenesis through a ?-catenin-dependent mechanism. Bone. 2012;50:477-89 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identify Wnt6 and Wnt10a as additional Wnt family members that, like Wnt10b, are downregulated during development of white adipocytes in ..
- Mohamed O, Dufort D, Clarke H. Expression and estradiol regulation of Wnt genes in the mouse blastocyst identify a candidate pathway for embryo-maternal signaling at implantation. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:417-24 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Tomann P, Andl T, Gallant N, Huelsken J, Jerchow B, et al. Reciprocal requirements for EDA/EDAR/NF-kappaB and Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathways in hair follicle induction. Dev Cell. 2009;17:49-61 pubmed publisher..We show that maintenance of localized expression of Wnt10b and Wnt10a requires NF-kappaB signaling, providing a molecular explanation for the latter observation, and identify Wnt10b as ..
- Uusitalo M, Heikkilä M, Vainio S. Molecular genetic studies of Wnt signaling in the mouse. Exp Cell Res. 1999;253:336-48 pubmed
- Kratochwil K, Galceran J, Tontsch S, Roth W, Grosschedl R. FGF4, a direct target of LEF1 and Wnt signaling, can rescue the arrest of tooth organogenesis in Lef1(-/-) mice. Genes Dev. 2002;16:3173-85 pubmed..epithelium of the developmentally arrested Lef1(-/-) tooth rudiments fails to express Fgf4, Shh, and Bmp4, but not Wnt10a. We identify the Fgf4 gene as a direct transcriptional target for LEF1 and show that beads soaked with recombinant ..
- Wang L, Xu S, Lee J, Baldridge A, Grullon S, Peng W, et al. Histone H3K9 methyltransferase G9a represses PPAR? expression and adipogenesis. EMBO J. 2013;32:45-59 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, G9a represses PPAR? expression in an HMT activity-dependent manner but facilitates Wnt10a expression independent of its enzymatic activity...
- Long A, Giroux V, Whelan K, Hamilton K, Tetreault M, Tanaka K, et al. WNT10A promotes an invasive and self-renewing phenotype in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 2015;36:598-606 pubmed publisher..b>WNT10A was found to be >4-fold upregulated in the invasive front...
- Bayle J, Fitch J, Jacobsen K, Kumar R, Lafyatis R, Lemaire R. Increased expression of Wnt2 and SFRP4 in Tsk mouse skin: role of Wnt signaling in altered dermal fibrillin deposition and systemic sclerosis. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:871-81 pubmed..Lesional skin from SSc patients also showed large increases in SFRP4 mRNA and protein levels in the deep dermis compared to healthy skin, suggesting that the Wnt pathway might regulate skin fibrosis in SSc. ..
- Knosp W, Knox S, Lombaert I, Haddox C, Patel V, Hoffman M. Submandibular parasympathetic gangliogenesis requires sprouty-dependent Wnt signals from epithelial progenitors. Dev Cell. 2015;32:667-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, K5+ progenitors produce Wnt signals to establish the PSG-epithelial communication required for organ innervation and progenitor cell maintenance. ..
- Reddy S, Andl T, Bagasra A, Lu M, Epstein D, Morrisey E, et al. Characterization of Wnt gene expression in developing and postnatal hair follicles and identification of Wnt5a as a target of Sonic hedgehog in hair follicle morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2001;107:69-82 pubmed..These results identify candidates for several key follicular signals and suggest that WNT and SHH signaling pathways interact to regulate hair follicle morphogenesis. ..
- Lilleväli K, Haugas M, Matilainen T, Pussinen C, Karis A, Salminen M. Gata3 is required for early morphogenesis and Fgf10 expression during otic development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:415-29 pubmed..Inactivation of Gata3 leads also to a loss of Fgf10 expression in otic epithelium and auditory ganglion demonstrating that Gata3 is an important regulator of Fgf-signalling during otic development. ..
- Feng C, Xu Z, Li Z, Zhang D, Liu Q, Lu L. Down-regulation of Wnt10a by RNA interference inhibits proliferation and promotes apoptosis in mouse embryonic palatal mesenchymal cells through Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. J Physiol Biochem. 2013;69:855-63 pubmed publisher..Both environmental and genetic factors are involved in this disorder. Here, we investigated the function of Wnt10a in proliferation and apoptosis of mouse embryonic palatal mesenchymal (MEPM) cells...
- Weidenfeld J, Shu W, Zhang L, Millar S, Morrisey E. The WNT7b promoter is regulated by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2 in lung epithelium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:21061-70 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that WNT7b gene expression in the lung epithelium is regulated in a combinatorial fashion by TTF-1, GATA6, and Foxa2. ..
- Liu Y, Han D, Wang L, Feng H. Down-regulation of Wnt10a affects odontogenesis and proliferation in mesenchymal cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;434:717-21 pubmed publisherThe WNT10a mutation has been found in patients with abnormal odontogenesis. In mice, Wnt10a expression is found in the tooth germ, but its role has not yet been elucidated. We aimed to investigate the role of Wnt10a in odontogenesis...
- Laurikkala J, Pispa J, Jung H, Nieminen P, Mikkola M, Wang X, et al. Regulation of hair follicle development by the TNF signal ectodysplasin and its receptor Edar. Development. 2002;129:2541-53 pubmed..In conclusion, we suggest that Eda and Edar are associated with the onset of ectodermal patterning and that ectodysplasin/edar signaling also regulates the morphogenesis of hair follicles. ..
- Sima J, Piao Y, Chen Y, Schlessinger D. Molecular dynamics of Dkk4 modulates Wnt action and regulates meibomian gland development. Development. 2016;143:4723-4735 pubmed..Thus, the dynamic state of Dkk4 itself and its interaction with Lrp6 modulates Wnt function during MG development, with a novel limitation of Dkk4 action by proteolytic cleavage. ..
- Oda K, Yatera K, Izumi H, Ishimoto H, Yamada S, Nakao H, et al. Profibrotic role of WNT10A via TGF-? signaling in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Respir Res. 2016;17:39 pubmed publisher..signaling plays an important role in the pathogenesis of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF); however, the role of WNT10A via transforming growth factor (TGF)-? signaling remains unclear...
- Warner D, Smith H, Webb C, Greene R, Pisano M. Expression of Wnts in the developing murine secondary palate. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:1105-12 pubmed publisher..The expression of 5 Wnt family members was found to be temporally regulated. Moreover, these Wnts had unique spatio-temporal patterns of expression which suggested possible roles in palatal ontogeny. ..
- Hayano S, Kurosaka H, Yanagita T, Kalus I, Milz F, Ishihara Y, et al. Roles of heparan sulfate sulfation in dentinogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:12217-29 pubmed publisher..We also show that Wnt10a protein binds to cell surface HSPGs in odontoblasts, and interference with HS sulfation decreases the binding ..
- Narita T, Sasaoka S, Udagawa K, Ohyama T, Wada N, Nishimatsu S, et al. Wnt10a is involved in AER formation during chick limb development. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:282-7 pubmed..We report identification and involvement of Wnt10a in AER formation during chick limb development...
- Mustonen T, Tummers M, Mikami T, Itoh N, Zhang N, Gridley T, et al. Lunatic fringe, FGF, and BMP regulate the Notch pathway during epithelial morphogenesis of teeth. Dev Biol. 2002;248:281-93 pubmed..We conclude that Lunatic fringe may play a role in boundary formation of the enamel knot and that Notch-signaling in the dental epithelium is regulated by mesenchymal FGFs and BMP. ..
- Suomalainen M, Thesleff I. Patterns of Wnt pathway activity in the mouse incisor indicate absence of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the epithelial stem cells. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:364-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that epithelial stem cells in the mouse incisors are not regulated directly by Wnt/beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Liu H, Mohamed O, Dufort D, Wallace V. Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retina. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:323-34 pubmed
- Pispa J, Jung H, Jernvall J, Kettunen P, Mustonen T, Tabata M, et al. Cusp patterning defect in Tabby mouse teeth and its partial rescue by FGF. Dev Biol. 1999;216:521-34 pubmed..Instead FGF-10 partially restored morphogenesis and stimulated the development of additional tooth cusps in cultured Tabby molars. ..
- Loureiro J. The Wnts. Curr Biol. 1999;9:R4 pubmed
- da Silva F, Rocha A, Motamedi F, Massa F, Basboga C, Morrison H, et al. Coronary Artery Formation Is Driven by Localized Expression of R-spondin3. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1745-1754 pubmed publisher..These results identify a mechanism through which localized expression of RSPO3 induces proliferation of the coronary arteries at their stems and permits their formation. ..
- Wegner K, Cadena M, Trevena R, Turco A, Gottschalk A, Halberg R, et al. An immunohistochemical identification key for cell types in adult mouse prostatic and urethral tissue sections. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0188413 pubmed publisher..The identification key facilitates rigorous and reproducible cell identification in prostate tissue sections and can be expanded to resolve additional cell types as new antibodies and other resources become available. ..
- Lin C, Fisher A, Yin Y, Maruyama T, Veith G, Dhandha M, et al. The inductive role of Wnt-?-Catenin signaling in the formation of oral apparatus. Dev Biol. 2011;356:40-50 pubmed publisher..We provide genetic evidence that disruption of either signaling pathway results in severe microglossia. Altogether, we demonstrate a dynamic role for Wnt-?-Catenin signaling in the development of the oral apparatus...
- Yang J, Wang S, Choi M, Reid B, Hu Y, Lee Y, et al. Taurodontism, variations in tooth number, and misshapened crowns in Wnt10a null mice and human kindreds. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2015;3:40-58 pubmed publisherb>WNT10A is a signaling molecule involved in tooth development, and WNT10A defects are associated with tooth agenesis...
- Luukko K, Løes S, Furmanek T, Fjeld K, Kvinnsland I, Kettunen P. Identification of a novel putative signaling center, the tertiary enamel knot in the postnatal mouse molar tooth. Mech Dev. 2003;120:270-6 pubmed..Moreover, our results suggest that Slit1 signaling may be involved in the regulation of molar tooth shape by regulating epithelial cell proliferation and formation of EFA of the crown. ..