Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Wdr5
Description: WD repeat domain 5
Alias: 2410008O07Rik, AA408785, AA960360, Big, Big-3, WD repeat-containing protein 5, BMP2-induced 3-kb gene protein, WD repeat-containing protein BIG-3
- Li H, Wei S, Cheng K, Gounko N, Ericksen R, Xu A, et al. BIG3 inhibits insulin granule biogenesis and insulin secretion. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:714-22 pubmed publisher..we identify a novel protein highly expressed in insulin-secreting cells and name it BIG3 due to its similarity to BIG/GBF of the Arf-GTP exchange factor (GEF) family...
- Yang Y, Baltus A, Mathew R, Murphy E, Evrony G, Gonzalez D, et al. Microcephaly gene links trithorax and REST/NRSF to control neural stem cell proliferation and differentiation. Cell. 2012;151:1097-112 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal ZNF335 as an essential link between H3K4 complexes and REST/NRSF and provide the first direct genetic evidence that this pathway regulates human neurogenesis and neuronal differentiation...
- Gori F, Zhu E, Demay M. Perichondrial expression of Wdr5 regulates chondrocyte proliferation and differentiation. Dev Biol. 2009;329:36-43 pubmed publisherb>Wdr5 is developmentally expressed in osteoblasts and is required for osteoblast differentiation...
- Xu Z, Gao X, He Y, Ju J, Zhang M, Liu R, et al. Synergistic effect of SRY and its direct target, WDR5, on Sox9 expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34327 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrate that WDR5, which encodes a WD-40 repeat protein, is a direct target of SRY...
- De Santa F, Totaro M, Prosperini E, Notarbartolo S, Testa G, Natoli G. The histone H3 lysine-27 demethylase Jmjd3 links inflammation to inhibition of polycomb-mediated gene silencing. Cell. 2007;130:1083-94 pubmed
- Demers C, Chaturvedi C, Ranish J, Juban G, Lai P, Morle F, et al. Activator-mediated recruitment of the MLL2 methyltransferase complex to the beta-globin locus. Mol Cell. 2007;27:573-84 pubmed
- Thomas L, Wang Q, Grieb B, Phan J, Foshage A, Sun Q, et al. Interaction with WDR5 promotes target gene recognition and tumorigenesis by MYC. Mol Cell. 2015;58:440-52 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that broad association of MYC with chromatin also depends on interaction with the WD40-repeat protein WDR5. MYC binds WDR5 via an evolutionarily conserved "MYC box IIIb" motif that engages a shallow, hydrophobic cleft on ..
- Chung C, Sun Z, Mullokandov G, Bosch A, Qadeer Z, Cihan E, et al. Cbx8 Acts Non-canonically with Wdr5 to Promote Mammary Tumorigenesis. Cell Rep. 2016;16:472-486 pubmed publisher..We find that Cbx8 associates with non-PRC1 complexes containing the H3K4 methyltransferase complex component WDR5, which together regulate Notch gene expression...
- Ravnskjaer K, Hogan M, Lackey D, Tora L, Dent S, Olefsky J, et al. Glucagon regulates gluconeogenesis through KAT2B- and WDR5-mediated epigenetic effects. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4318-28 pubmed publisher..increased H3K9Ac through recruitment of the lysine acetyltransferase 2B (KAT2B) and WD repeat-containing protein 5 (WDR5), a core subunit of histone methyltransferase (HMT) complexes...
- Liu T, Li H, Gounko N, Zhou Z, Xu A, Hong W, et al. Detection of insulin granule exocytosis by an electrophysiology method with high temporal resolution reveals enlarged insulin granule pool in BIG3-knockout mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;307:E611-8 pubmed publisher..Depletion of BIG3 leads to an enlarged releasable pool of insulin granules, which accounts for increased release frequency and consequently increased insulin secretion. ..
- Diao Y, Guo X, Li Y, Sun K, Lu L, Jiang L, et al. Pax3/7BP is a Pax7- and Pax3-binding protein that regulates the proliferation of muscle precursor cells by an epigenetic mechanism. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:231-41 pubmed publisher..adaptor for Pax7 to recruit the histone 3 lysine 4 (H3K4) methyltransferase (HMT) complex by bridging Pax7 and Wdr5. Knockdown of Pax3/7BP abolished the Pax3/7-associated H3K4 HMT activity and inhibited the proliferation of Pax7+ ..
- Gori F, Demay M. BIG-3, a novel WD-40 repeat protein, is expressed in the developing growth plate and accelerates chondrocyte differentiation in vitro. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1050-4 pubmed..We have identified a novel gene, named BIG-3 (BMP-2-induced gene 3 kb) that is expressed in a BMP-regulated fashion in the prechondroblastic cell line ..
- Brown S, Ripperger J, Kadener S, Fleury Olela F, Vilbois F, Rosbash M, et al. PERIOD1-associated proteins modulate the negative limb of the mammalian circadian oscillator. Science. 2005;308:693-6 pubmed..We identified two PER1-associated factors, NONO and WDR5, that modulate PER activity...
- Zhao W, Jiang B, Hu H, Zhang S, Lv S, Yuan J, et al. Lack of CUL4B leads to increased abundance of GFAP-positive cells that is mediated by PTGDS in mouse brain. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:4686-97 pubmed publisher..We further observed that Ptgds is targeted and repressed by the CUL4B/PRC2 complex. Together, our results demonstrate CUL4B as a negative regulator of GFAP expression during neural development. ..
- van de Nobelen S, Rosa Garrido M, Leers J, Heath H, Soochit W, Joosen L, et al. CTCF regulates the local epigenetic state of ribosomal DNA repeats. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2010;3:19 pubmed publisher..CTCF may load UBF onto rDNA, thereby forming part of a network that maintains rDNA genes poised for transcription. ..
- Yang Y, Flynn R, Chen Y, Qu K, Wan B, Wang K, et al. Essential role of lncRNA binding for WDR5 maintenance of active chromatin and embryonic stem cell pluripotency. elife. 2014;3:e02046 pubmed publisherThe WDR5 subunit of the MLL complex enforces active chromatin and can bind RNA; the relationship between these two activities is unclear...
- Scoville D, Cyphert H, Liao L, Xu J, Reynolds A, Guo S, et al. MLL3 and MLL4 Methyltransferases Bind to the MAFA and MAFB Transcription Factors to Regulate Islet Î²-Cell Function. Diabetes. 2015;64:3772-83 pubmed publisher..We propose that MLL3 and MLL4 are broadly required for controlling MAFA and MAFB transactivation during development and postnatally. ..
- Zhao W, Li Q, AYERS S, Gu Y, Shi Z, Zhu Q, et al. Jmjd3 inhibits reprogramming by upregulating expression of INK4a/Arf and targeting PHF20 for ubiquitination. Cell. 2013;152:1037-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate, to the best of our knowledge, a previously unrecognized role of Jmjd3 in cellular reprogramming and provide molecular insight into the mechanisms by which the Jmjd3-PHF20 axis controls this process. ..
- Gan Q, Thiebaud P, Theze N, Jin L, Xu G, Grant P, et al. WD repeat-containing protein 5, a ubiquitously expressed histone methyltransferase adaptor protein, regulates smooth muscle cell-selective gene activation through interaction with pituitary homeobox 2. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21853-64 pubmed publisherWD repeat-containing protein 5 (WDR5) is a common component of mammalian mixed lineage leukemia methyltransferase family members and is important for histone H3 lysine 4 methylation (H3K4me), which has been implicated in control of ..