Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vsig4
Description: V-set and immunoglobulin domain containing 4
Alias: A530061A11, BC025105, CRIg, Z39IG, V-set and immunoglobulin domain-containing protein 4, complement receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily
- Qiao Q, Teng X, Wang N, Lu R, Guo L, Zhang X, et al. A novel CRIg-targeted complement inhibitor protects cells from complement damage. FASEB J. 2014;28:4986-99 pubmed publisher..In addition, complement receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily (CRIg) has been demonstrated to inhibit AP and, more notably, still specifically binds to ..
- Miwa T, Zhou L, Kimura Y, Kim D, Bhandoola A, Song W. Complement-dependent T-cell lymphopenia caused by thymocyte deletion of the membrane complement regulator Crry. Blood. 2009;113:2684-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, Crry is essential for mature T-cell survival in the periphery but not for lymphogenesis in the thymus. The observation that the thymus is a complement-privileged site may have implications for complement-based antitumor therapies. ..
- Kim K, Choi B, Kim Y, Han C, Oh H, Lee D, et al. Extracellular stimulation of VSIG4/complement receptor Ig suppresses intracellular bacterial infection by inducing autophagy. Autophagy. 2016;12:1647-59 pubmed publisherb>VSIG4/CRIg (V-set and immunoglobulin domain containing 4) is a transmembrane receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily that is expressed specifically on macrophages and mature dendritic cells...
- He J, Katschke K, Gribling P, Suto E, Lee W, Diehl L, et al. CRIg mediates early Kupffer cell responses to adenovirus. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;93:301-6 pubmed publisher..KCs, the macrophage population responsible for early uptake and elimination of many blood-borne pathogens, express CRIg, a complement receptor for C3 proteins...
- Liao Y, Guo S, Chen Y, Cao D, Xu H, Yang C, et al. VSIG4 expression on macrophages facilitates lung cancer development. Lab Invest. 2014;94:706-15 pubmed publisher..The protein V-set and Ig domain-containing 4 (VSIG4), a novel B7 family-related macrophage protein that has the capacity to inhibit T-cell activation, has a potential ..
- Li Y, Wang Y, Li M, Zhang Y, Li F, Wang Z, et al. [Effects of costimulatory molecule VSIG4 exclusively expression in macrophage on renal interstitial fibrosis]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;26:522-4 pubmedTo investigate the relationship between costimulatory molecule VSIG4 expression in macrophage and mice renal interstitial fibrosis.
- Jung K, Seo S, Choi I. Endogenous VSIG4 negatively regulates the helper T cell-mediated antibody response. Immunol Lett. 2015;165:78-83 pubmed publisherb>VSIG4 acts as a co-inhibitory ligand to negatively regulate T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and its expression is restricted to macrophages...
- Zeng Z, Surewaard B, Wong C, Geoghegan J, Jenne C, Kubes P. CRIg Functions as a Macrophage Pattern Recognition Receptor to Directly Bind and Capture Blood-Borne Gram-Positive Bacteria. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:99-106 pubmed publisher..Circulating S. aureus were captured by KCs in a manner dependent on the macrophage complement receptor CRIg, but the process was independent of complement...
- Katschke K, Helmy K, Steffek M, Xi H, Yin J, Lee W, et al. A novel inhibitor of the alternative pathway of complement reverses inflammation and bone destruction in experimental arthritis. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1319-25 pubmed..Previously, we have shown that human complement receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily (CRIg) is a selective inhibitor of the AP of complement...