Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vps26a
Description: VPS26 retromer complex component A
Alias: AA407240, HB58, Vps26, vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 26A, H beta 58, h
- Tang F, Erion J, Tian Y, Liu W, Yin D, Ye J, et al. VPS35 in Dopamine Neurons Is Required for Endosome-to-Golgi Retrieval of Lamp2a, a Receptor of Chaperone-Mediated Autophagy That Is Critical for Î±-Synuclein Degradation and Prevention of Pathogenesis of Parkinson's Disease. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10613-28 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VPS35 deficiency or mutation promotes PD pathogenesis, and reveals a crucial pathway, VPS35-Lamp2a-Î±-synuclein, to prevent PD pathogenesis. ..
- Seaman M. Cargo-selective endosomal sorting for retrieval to the Golgi requires retromer. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:111-22 pubmed..We have localized mVPS26 to multivesicular body endosomes by electron microscopy, and through the use of CD8 reporter protein constructs ..
- Griffin C, Trejo J, Magnuson T. Genetic evidence for a mammalian retromer complex containing sorting nexins 1 and 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:15173-7 pubmed..lethality when simultaneously targeted for deletion in mice, whereas others have shown that Hbeta58 (also known as mVps26), another retromer component, results in similar lethality when targeted for deletion...
- Muhammad A, Flores I, Zhang H, Yu R, Staniszewski A, Planel E, et al. Retromer deficiency observed in Alzheimer's disease causes hippocampal dysfunction, neurodegeneration, and Abeta accumulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:7327-32 pubmed publisher..By recapitulating features of the disease, these animal models suggest that retromer deficiency observed in late-onset Alzheimer's disease can contribute to disease pathogenesis. ..
- Fjorback A, Seaman M, Gustafsen C, Mehmedbasic A, Gokool S, Wu C, et al. Retromer binds the FANSHY sorting motif in SorLA to regulate amyloid precursor protein sorting and processing. J Neurosci. 2012;32:1467-80 pubmed publisher..We have identified a sequence (FANSHY) in the cytoplasmic domain of sorLA that is recognized by the VPS26 subunit of the retromer complex...
- Harbour M, Breusegem S, Antrobus R, Freeman C, Reid E, Seaman M. The cargo-selective retromer complex is a recruiting hub for protein complexes that regulate endosomal tubule dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3703-17 pubmed publisher..that act together in endosome-to-Golgi retrieval; the cargo-selective complex is a trimer of VPS35, VPS29 and VPS26 that sorts cargo into tubules for retrieval to the Golgi...