Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Vcam1
Description: vascular cell adhesion molecule 1
Alias: CD106, Vcam-1, vascular cell adhesion protein 1, V-CAM 1
- Jacobsen K, Kravitz J, Kincade P, Osmond D. Adhesion receptors on bone marrow stromal cells: in vivo expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 by reticular cells and sinusoidal endothelium in normal and gamma-irradiated mice. Blood. 1996;87:73-82 pubmed
- Aoki M, Mieda M, Ikeda T, Hamada Y, Nakamura H, Okamoto H. R-spondin3 is required for mouse placental development. Dev Biol. 2007;301:218-26 pubmed..These findings suggest a critical role for Rspo3 in the interaction between chorion and allantois in labyrinthine development. ..
- Tian J, Pei H, James J, Li Y, Matsumoto A, Helm G, et al. Circulating adhesion molecules in apoE-deficient mouse strains with different atherosclerosis susceptibility. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1102-7 pubmed..apoE(-/-) mice. ..
- Deem T, Abdala Valencia H, Cook Mills J. VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B. J Immunol. 2007;178:3865-73 pubmed..This PTP1B activity is necessary for VCAM-1-dependent transendothelial lymphocyte migration. These data show, for the first time, a function for PTP1B in VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration. ..
- Qureshi M, Cook Mills J, Doherty D, Garvy B. TNF-alpha-dependent ICAM-1- and VCAM-1-mediated inflammatory responses are delayed in neonatal mice infected with Pneumocystis carinii. J Immunol. 2003;171:4700-7 pubmed..Additionally, neonatal T cells are defective in the ability to migrate across endothelial cells...
- Yokota Y, Mansouri A, Mori S, Sugawara S, Adachi S, Nishikawa S, et al. Development of peripheral lymphoid organs and natural killer cells depends on the helix-loop-helix inhibitor Id2. Nature. 1999;397:702-6 pubmed..Our results indicate that Id2 has an essential role in the generation of peripheral lymphoid organs and NK cells. ..
- Chin J, Hatfield C, Winterrowd G, Brashler J, Vonderfecht S, Fidler S, et al. Airway recruitment of leukocytes in mice is dependent on alpha4-integrins and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1. Am J Physiol. 1997;272:L219-29 pubmed..The data suggest that these adhesion molecules may be suitable targets for therapeutic intervention in certain conditions of pulmonary inflammation...
- Hahne M, Wenger R, Vestweber D, Nielsen P. The heat-stable antigen can alter very late antigen 4-mediated adhesion. J Exp Med. 1994;179:1391-5 pubmed..Thus, expression of HSA on pre-B cells modifies the binding specificity of VLA-4 for two known ligands. ..
- Cybulsky M, Allan Motamed M, Collins T. Structure of the murine VCAM1 gene. Genomics. 1993;18:387-91 pubmedThe architecture of the murine VCAM1 gene, encoding vascular cell adhesion molecule-1, was determined. its 10 exons span approximately 20 kb...
- Eberl G, Marmon S, Sunshine M, Rennert P, Choi Y, Littman D. An essential function for the nuclear receptor RORgamma(t) in the generation of fetal lymphoid tissue inducer cells. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:64-73 pubmed..This early LTi cell-mediated activation of lymph node and Peyer's patch mesenchyma forms the necessary platform for the subsequent development of mature lymphoid tissues. ..
- Vondenhoff M, Desanti G, Cupedo T, Bertrand J, Cumano A, Kraal G, et al. Separation of splenic red and white pulp occurs before birth in a LTalphabeta-independent manner. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:152-61 pubmed publisher..The postnatal development of the splenic white pulp, involving the influx of T cells, depends on LTalpha1beta2 expressed by B cells. ..
- Deem T, Cook Mills J. Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) activation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinases: role of reactive oxygen species. Blood. 2004;104:2385-93 pubmed..In summary, this is the first report of a mechanism for ROS function in VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell MMPs during VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration. ..
- Steffen B, Butcher E, Engelhardt B. Evidence for involvement of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in lymphocyte interaction with endothelium in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in the central nervous system in the SJL/J mouse. Am J Pathol. 1994;145:189-201 pubmed..These results are consistent with an important role for the vascular adhesion molecules VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 and for their lymphocytes receptors in lymphocyte recruitment to the central nervous system. ..
- Dansky H, Barlow C, Lominska C, Sikes J, Kao C, Weinsaft J, et al. Adhesion of monocytes to arterial endothelium and initiation of atherosclerosis are critically dependent on vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 gene dosage. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2001;21:1662-7 pubmedVascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1/Vcam1) is a cytokine-inducible member of the immunoglobulin gene superfamily that is expressed by arterial endothelial cells in regions predisposed to atherosclerosis and at borders of ..
- Parr B, Cornish V, Cybulsky M, McMahon A. Wnt7b regulates placental development in mice. Dev Biol. 2001;237:324-32 pubmed..Wnt7b also is required for normal organization of cells in the chorionic plate. Thus, Wnt7b signaling is central to the early stages of placental development in mammals. ..
- Leuker C, Labow M, Muller W, Wagner N. Neonatally induced inactivation of the vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 gene impairs B cell localization and T cell-dependent humoral immune response. J Exp Med. 2001;193:755-68 pubmed..In addition, the humoral immune response to a T cell-dependent antigen is impaired. VCAM-1 serves an important role for B cell localization and the T cell-dependent humoral immune response. ..
- Hunter P, Swanson B, Haendel M, Lyons G, Cross J. Mrj encodes a DnaJ-related co-chaperone that is essential for murine placental development. Development. 1999;126:1247-58 pubmed..The specificity of the developmental defect in Mrj mutants suggests that each of these genes may have unique tissue and cellular activities. ..
- Ferdous A, Morris J, Abedin M, Collins S, Richardson J, Hill J. Forkhead factor FoxO1 is essential for placental morphogenesis in the developing embryo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:16307-12 pubmed publisher..5. Quantitative RT-PCR analysis of genes involved in placental development revealed significant attenuation of VCAM1 expression in FoxO1-null embryos...
- Kwee L, Baldwin H, Shen H, Stewart C, Buck C, Buck C, et al. Defective development of the embryonic and extraembryonic circulatory systems in vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM-1) deficient mice. Development. 1995;121:489-503 pubmed..These data suggest important roles for VCAM-1 and alpha 4 in the development of the placenta and the heart. ..
- Yoshida H, Honda K, Shinkura R, Adachi S, Nishikawa S, Maki K, et al. IL-7 receptor alpha+ CD3(-) cells in the embryonic intestine induces the organizing center of Peyer's patches. Int Immunol. 1999;11:643-55 pubmed..Intestinal IL-7Ralpha+ cells are lymphoid in morphology but CD3(-) and functional in both nu/nu and Rag2-/- mice. These results implicate IL-7Ralpha+ CD3(-) cells as the direct inducer of the organizing center of PP. ..
- Koni P, Joshi S, Temann U, Olson D, Burkly L, Flavell R. Conditional vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 deletion in mice: impaired lymphocyte migration to bone marrow. J Exp Med. 2001;193:741-54 pubmed..Thus, we report an until now unappreciated dominant role for VCAM-1 in lymphocyte homing to BM. ..
- Gurtner G, Davis V, Li H, McCoy M, Sharpe A, Cybulsky M. Targeted disruption of the murine VCAM1 gene: essential role of VCAM-1 in chorioallantoic fusion and placentation. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1-14 pubmed..The murine VCAM1 gene was disrupted by targeted homologous recombination, and a distinct phenotype was found in VCAM-1-deficient ..
- Adachi S, Yoshida H, Honda K, Maki K, Saijo K, Ikuta K, et al. Essential role of IL-7 receptor alpha in the formation of Peyer's patch anlage. Int Immunol. 1998;10:1-6 pubmed..The same defect was found in the jak3-/- mouse. In addition to the appearance of VCAM1+ spots, the clustering of IL-7Ralpha+ cells was absent in the jak3-/- mouse, though IL-7Ralpha+ cells are found to ..
- Vondenhoff M, Greuter M, Goverse G, Elewaut D, Dewint P, Ware C, et al. LTbetaR signaling induces cytokine expression and up-regulates lymphangiogenic factors in lymph node anlagen. J Immunol. 2009;182:5439-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the same signals may regulate lymphangiogenesis to the lymph node through induction of VEGF-C. ..
- Araki M, Araki K, Vassalli P. Cloning and sequencing of mouse VCAM-1 cDNA. Gene. 1993;126:261-4 pubmed..Unlike other adhesion molecules, the cytoplasmic tails (19 aa) of mouse and human VCAM-1 are identical, despite a 85.2% similarity only at the nt level, suggesting a critical functional role. ..
- Meier D, Bornmann C, Chappaz S, Schmutz S, Otten L, Ceredig R, et al. Ectopic lymphoid-organ development occurs through interleukin 7-mediated enhanced survival of lymphoid-tissue-inducer cells. Immunity. 2007;26:643-54 pubmed..Therefore, by controlling LTi cell numbers, IL-7 can regulate the formation of both normal and ectopic lymphoid organs. ..
- Abdala Valencia H, Cook Mills J. VCAM-1 signals activate endothelial cell protein kinase Calpha via oxidation. J Immunol. 2006;177:6379-87 pubmed..This oxidation was blocked by inhibition of NADPH oxidase. In summary, VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell NADPH oxidase induces transient PKCalpha activation that is necessary for VCAM-1-dependent transendothelial cell migration. ..
- Wuthrich R. Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression in murine lupus nephritis. Kidney Int. 1992;42:903-14 pubmed..Thus, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 function as renal parenchymal adhesion molecules and mediate the adherence of pathogenic inflammatory cells in murine lupus nephritis. ..
- Silverman M, Haas C, Rad A, Arbab A, Koch A. The role of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1/ very late activation antigen 4 in endothelial progenitor cell recruitment to rheumatoid arthritis synovium. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:1817-26 pubmed..These findings provide evidence of a possible role of EPCs in the synovial neovascularization that is critical to RA pathogenesis. ..
- Inoue K, Kobayashi M, Yano K, Miura M, Izumi A, Mataki C, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibitor reduces monocyte adhesion to endothelium through the suppression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:2652-9 pubmed..Moreover, TSA treatment reduced monocyte adhesion via VCAM-1 suppression in vitro and in vivo, suggesting that TSA might be useful for the attenuation of the inflammatory response in EC. ..
- Russell P, Chase C, Colvin R. Accelerated atheromatous lesions in mouse hearts transplanted to apolipoprotein-E-deficient recipients. Am J Pathol. 1996;149:91-9 pubmed..The character of coronary vascular changes in transplanted hearts was distinctly affected by their lipid environment, but their severity, in terms of luminal encroachment, was not markedly different. ..
- Rullo J, Becker H, Hyduk S, Wong J, Digby G, Arora P, et al. Actin polymerization stabilizes ?4?1 integrin anchors that mediate monocyte adhesion. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:115-29 pubmed publisher..These included activation of Rap1, phosphoinositide 3-kinase ? isoform, and Rac but not Cdc42. Thus, rapid signaling and structural adaptations enable leukocytes to stabilize adhesion and resist detachment forces. ..
- Wu Y, Zhang R, Zhou C, Xu Y, Guan X, Hu J, et al. Enhanced expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 by corticotrophin-releasing hormone contributes to progression of atherosclerosis in LDL receptor-deficient mice. Atherosclerosis. 2009;203:360-70 pubmed publisher..This study provides a new insight into the effect of CRH on atherosclerosis and suggests a potential target for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Stanley A, Dalton J, Rossotti S, MacDonald K, Zhou Y, Rivera F, et al. VCAM-1 and VLA-4 modulate dendritic cell IL-12p40 production in experimental visceral leishmaniasis. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000158 pubmed publisher..These data indicate a role for VCAM-1 and VLA-4 in DC activation during infectious disease. ..
- Fisker Hag A, Pedersen S, Kjaer A. Gene expression of LOX-1, VCAM-1, and ICAM-1 in pre-atherosclerotic mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:689-693 pubmed publisher..It therefore seems likely that these circulating markers are not suited to detect early atherosclerosis. ..
- Lever R, Hefni A, Moffatt J, Paul W, Page C. Effect of tecastemizole on pulmonary and cutaneous allergic inflammatory responses. Clin Exp Allergy. 2007;37:909-17 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest an important potential steroid-sparing role for such drugs in the treatment of allergic inflammatory conditions. ..
- Shibata M, GARCIA GARCIA M. The mouse KRAB zinc-finger protein CHATO is required in embryonic-derived tissues to control yolk sac and placenta morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;349:331-41 pubmed publisher..Our results support previously undescribed roles of the extraembryonic mesoderm in yolk sac morphogenesis and in the closure of the ectoplacental cavity and identify a novel role of ZFP568 in the development of extraembryonic tissues...
- DeFalco T, Takahashi S, Capel B. Two distinct origins for Leydig cell progenitors in the fetal testis. Dev Biol. 2011;352:14-26 pubmed publisher..in the interstitium and have characterized new markers of distinct cell types in the gonad: MAFB, C-MAF, and VCAM1. Our results show that at least two distinct progenitor lineages give rise to the interstitial/stromal compartment ..
- Hu X, Chen G, Zhang S, Zheng J, Wu J, Bai Q, et al. Persistent Expression of VCAM1 in Radial Glial Cells Is Required for the Embryonic Origin of Postnatal Neural Stem Cells. Neuron. 2017;95:309-325.e6 pubmed publisher..Here we show that VCAM1, a transmembrane protein previously found in quiescent adult NSCs, is expressed by a subpopulation of embryonic ..
- Seko Y, Yagita H, Okumura K, Yazaki Y. Expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in murine hearts with acute myocarditis caused by coxsackievirus B3. J Pathol. 1996;180:450-4 pubmed..These data suggest that the expression of VCAM-1 on myocardial cells may play at least a partial role in the myocardial damage involved in acute viral myocarditis. ..
- Mirnics Z, Mirnics K, Terrano D, Lewis D, Sisodia S, Schor N. DNA microarray profiling of developing PS1-deficient mouse brain reveals complex and coregulated expression changes. Mol Psychiatry. 2003;8:863-78 pubmed
- Fujiwara T, Dehart D, Sulik K, Hogan B. Distinct requirements for extra-embryonic and embryonic bone morphogenetic protein 4 in the formation of the node and primitive streak and coordination of left-right asymmetry in the mouse. Development. 2002;129:4685-96 pubmed
- Johnson L, Clasper S, Holt A, Lalor P, Baban D, Jackson D. An inflammation-induced mechanism for leukocyte transmigration across lymphatic vessel endothelium. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2763-77 pubmed..These results reveal a CAM-mediated mechanism for recruiting leukocytes to the lymph nodes in inflammation and highlight the process of lymphatic transmigration as a potential new target for antiinflammatory therapy. ..
- Papadaki C, Alexiou M, Cecena G, Verykokakis M, Bilitou A, Cross J, et al. Transcriptional repressor erf determines extraembryonic ectoderm differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5201-13 pubmed..Our data suggest that attenuation of FGF/Erk signaling and consecutive Erf nuclear localization and function is required for extraembryonic ectoderm differentiation, ectoplacental cone cavity closure, and chorioallantoic attachment. ..
- Bajanca F, Luz M, Duxson M, Thorsteinsdóttir S. Integrins in the mouse myotome: developmental changes and differences between the epaxial and hypaxial lineage. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:402-15 pubmed..Furthermore, alpha4beta1 is expressed in the hypaxial dermomyotome and is maintained by early hypaxial myogenic progenitor cells colonizing the myotome. ..
- Gustavsson C, Agardh C, Zetterqvist A, Nilsson J, Agardh E, Gomez M. Vascular cellular adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) expression in mice retinal vessels is affected by both hyperglycemia and hyperlipidemia. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12699 pubmed publisher..Results also suggest a complex role for TNF? in the regulation of VCAM-1 expression, being protective under basal conditions but pro-inflammatory in response to diabetes. ..
- Ren G, Zhao X, Zhang L, Zhang J, L Huillier A, Ling W, et al. Inflammatory cytokine-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in mesenchymal stem cells are critical for immunosuppression. J Immunol. 2010;184:2321-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings reveal a novel function of adhesion molecules in immunoregulation by MSCs and provide new insights for the clinical studies of antiadhesion therapies in various immune disorders. ..
- Ando J, Tsuboi H, Korenaga R, Takada Y, Toyama Sorimachi N, Miyasaka M, et al. Shear stress inhibits adhesion of cultured mouse endothelial cells to lymphocytes by downregulating VCAM-1 expression. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:C679-87 pubmed..The detection of mRNA by reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction showed that VCAM-1 mRNA levels were markedly depressed in EC exposed to flow loading.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Denys A, Clavel G, Lemeiter D, Schischmanoff O, Boissier M, Semerano L. Aortic VCAM-1: an early marker of vascular inflammation in collagen-induced arthritis. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:855-63 pubmed publisher..CIA and an HD diet induced a distinct and independent expression of large-vessel inflammation markers in B6 mice. This model may be relevant for the study of CVD in RA. ..
- Lin G, Edele F, Mbanwi A, Wortzman M, Snell L, Vidric M, et al. Contribution of 4-1BBL on radioresistant cells in providing survival signals through 4-1BB expressed on CD8? memory T cells in the bone marrow. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2861-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, a VCAM-1?CD45(-) stromal cell is a plausible candidate for the radioresistant cell that provides 4-1BBL to CD8? memory T cells in the BM. ..
- Hirose T, Karasawa M, Sugitani Y, Fujisawa M, Akimoto K, Ohno S, et al. PAR3 is essential for cyst-mediated epicardial development by establishing apical cortical domains. Development. 2006;133:1389-98 pubmed..These results also provide a clear example of the proper organization of epithelial tissues through the regulation of individual cell polarity. ..
- Sheppard A, Onken M, Rosen G, Noakes P, Dean D. Expanding roles for alpha 4 integrin and its ligands in development. Cell Adhes Commun. 1994;2:27-43 pubmed..Finally, based on their patterns of expression, we conclude that VCAM-1 only participates in a subset of interactions involving alpha 4 integrins, whereas FN appears to be the more general ligand. ..
- Sugiyama M, Nakato G, Jinnohara T, Akiba H, Okumura K, Ohno H, et al. Expression pattern changes and function of RANKL during mouse lymph node microarchitecture development. Int Immunol. 2012;24:369-78 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RANKL expression on LTi cells during the early phase of LN development is critical for the development LN microarchitecture. ..
- Nishioka E, Tanaka T, Yoshida H, Matsumura K, Nishikawa S, Naito A, et al. Mucosal addressin cell adhesion molecule 1 plays an unexpected role in the development of mouse guard hair. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:632-8 pubmed
- Nolte D, Kuebler W, Muller W, Wolff K, Messmer K. Attenuation of leukocyte sequestration by selective blockade of PECAM-1 or VCAM-1 in murine endotoxemia. Eur Surg Res. 2004;36:331-7 pubmed..These data show that both PECAM-1 and VCAM-1 are involved in endotoxin-induced leukocyte sequestration in the lung, liver and muscle, presumably through interference with arteriolar and/or venular leukocyte sticking. ..
- Feigelson S, Grabovsky V, Shamri R, Levy S, Alon R. The CD81 tetraspanin facilitates instantaneous leukocyte VLA-4 adhesion strengthening to vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) under shear flow. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51203-12 pubmed
- Zerfaoui M, Suzuki Y, Naura A, Hans C, Nichols C, Boulares A. Nuclear translocation of p65 NF-kappaB is sufficient for VCAM-1, but not ICAM-1, expression in TNF-stimulated smooth muscle cells: Differential requirement for PARP-1 expression and interaction. Cell Signal. 2008;20:186-94 pubmed..g., ICAM-1), thus providing a novel insight into the role of NF-kappaB in driving target gene expression. Furthermore, the data suggest a differential requirement for PARP-1 expression in inflammatory processes. ..
- Sugiyama Y, Koike T, Shiojiri N. Developmental changes of cell adhesion molecule expression in the fetal mouse liver. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2010;293:1698-710 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that each cell adhesion molecule may play an important role during development in hepatic histogenesis, including hepatoblast/hepatocyte-stellate cell interactions, hemopoiesis, and bile duct morphogenesis. ..
- John B, Crispe I. Passive and active mechanisms trap activated CD8+ T cells in the liver. J Immunol. 2004;172:5222-9 pubmed
- Gelderloos J, Rosenkranz S, Bazenet C, Kazlauskas A. A role for Src in signal relay by the platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptor. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5908-15 pubmed..Finally, activation of Src during the G0/G1 transition does not appear to be required for latter cell cycle events such as induction of c-myc or cell proliferation. ..
- Deckert M, Lütjen S, Leuker C, Kwok L, Strack A, Muller W, et al. Mice with neonatally induced inactivation of the vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 fail to control the parasite in Toxoplasma encephalitis. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1418-28 pubmed
- Krause D, Lazarides K, Lewis J, von Andrian U, Van Etten R. Selectins and their ligands are required for homing and engraftment of BCR-ABL1+ leukemic stem cells in the bone marrow niche. Blood. 2014;123:1361-71 pubmed publisher..Selectin blockade is a novel strategy to exploit differences between normal and leukemic stem cells that may be beneficial in autologous transplantation for CML and perhaps other leukemias. ..
- Conde J, Scotece M, Lopez V, Gomez R, Lago F, Pino J, et al. Adiponectin and leptin induce VCAM-1 expression in human and murine chondrocytes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52533 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that leptin and adiponectin could perpetuate cartilage-degrading processes by inducing also factors responsible of leukocyte and monocyte infiltration at inflamed joints. ..
- Bro S, Binder C, Witztum J, Olgaard K, Nielsen L. Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system abolishes the proatherogenic effect of uremia in apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:1080-6 pubmed..The results suggest that inhibition of RAS abolishes the proatherogenic effect of uremia independent of its blood pressure-lowering effect, possibly because of antiinflammatory and antioxidative mechanisms. ..
- Marchese M, Berdnikovs S, Cook Mills J. Distinct sites within the vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) cytoplasmic domain regulate VCAM-1 activation of calcium fluxes versus Rac1 during leukocyte transendothelial migration. Biochemistry. 2012;51:8235-46 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that S728 and Y729, and S730 and S737, are distinct functional sites that coordinate VCAM-1 activation of calcium fluxes and Rac1 during leukocyte transendothelial migration. ..
- Matsui T, Kanai Azuma M, Hara K, Matoba S, Hiramatsu R, Kawakami H, et al. Redundant roles of Sox17 and Sox18 in postnatal angiogenesis in mice. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:3513-26 pubmed..Therefore, our findings indicate that Sox17 and Sox18, and possibly all three SoxF genes, are cooperatively involved in mammalian vascular development. ..
- Bonig H, Priestley G, Papayannopoulou T. Hierarchy of molecular-pathway usage in bone marrow homing and its shift by cytokines. Blood. 2006;107:79-86 pubmed..These studies depict a flexible hierarchy of cooperating homing pathways, in which dominant players are repositioned with changing cytokine milieu, and possibly source of HPCs. ..
- Sawicki C, McKim D, Wohleb E, Jarrett B, Reader B, Norden D, et al. Social defeat promotes a reactive endothelium in a brain region-dependent manner with increased expression of key adhesion molecules, selectins and chemokines associated with the recruitment of myeloid cells to the brain. Neuroscience. 2015;302:151-64 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data indicate that key mediators of leukocyte recruitment were increased in the brain vasculature following RSD in an exposure- and brain region-dependent manner. ..
- Abonia J, Austen K, Rollins B, Joshi S, Flavell R, Kuziel W, et al. Constitutive homing of mast cell progenitors to the intestine depends on autologous expression of the chemokine receptor CXCR2. Blood. 2005;105:4308-13 pubmed..Thus, the establishment and maintenance of MCps in the small intestine is a dynamic process that requires expression of the alpha4beta7 integrin and the alpha-chemokine receptor CXCR2. ..
- Liu Y, Chen X, Si Y, Li Z, Gao L, Gao L, et al. Reconstruction of hematopoietic inductive microenvironment after transplantation of VCAM-1-modified human umbilical cord blood stromal cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31741 pubmed publisher..We suggest that HUCBSCs are able to restore the functions of HIM and promote the recovery of radiation-induced hematopoietic damage. VCAM-1 plays an important role in supporting the repair of HIM damage. ..
- Banerjee E, Jiang Y, Henderson W, Scott L, Papayannopoulou T. Alpha4 and beta2 integrins have nonredundant roles for asthma development, but for optimal allergen sensitization only alpha4 is critical. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:605-17 pubmed..As VCAM-1 deficiency did not protect mice from asthma, interactions of alpha4beta1(+) or alpha4beta7(+) cells with other ligands are suggested. ..
- Moy P, Lobb R, Tizard R, Olson D, Hession C. Cloning of an inflammation-specific phosphatidyl inositol-linked form of murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:8835-41 pubmedVascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM1) is a member of the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily which interacts with the integrin very late antigen-4 (VLA4)...
- Dong A, Shen J, Zeng M, Campochiaro P. Vascular cell-adhesion molecule-1 plays a central role in the proangiogenic effects of oxidative stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14614-9 pubmed publisher..had increased expression of several NF-?B-responsive genes, but expression of vascular cell-adhesion molecule-1 (Vcam1) was particularly high...
- Li X, Jevnikar A, Grant D. Expression of functional ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 adhesion molecules by an immortalized epithelial cell clone derived from the small intestine. Cell Immunol. 1997;175:58-66 pubmed..These findings suggest that small bowel-derived epithelial cells may be capable of expressing a defined set of functional adhesion molecules during mucosal inflammation. ..