Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Usp29
Description: ubiquitin specific peptidase 29
Alias: Ocat, ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 29, ASL1/Usp29 fusion, deubiquitinating enzyme 29, ossification center-associated transcript, ubiquitin thioesterase 29, ubiquitin thiolesterase 29, ubiquitin-specific-processing protease 29
- He H, Ye A, Kim J. Transcriptional Truncation of the Long Coding Imprinted Gene Usp29. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0158004 pubmed publisherb>Usp29 (Ubiquitin-specific protease 29) is a paternally expressed gene located upstream of another imprinted gene Peg3...
- Monk D, Smith R, Arnaud P, Preece M, Stanier P, Beechey C, et al. Imprinted methylation profiles for proximal mouse chromosomes 11 and 7 as revealed by methylation-sensitive representational difference analysis. Mamm Genome. 2003;14:805-16 pubmed..No such mutations were found. ..
- Szeto I, Barton S, Keverne E, Surani A. Analysis of imprinted murine Peg3 locus in transgenic mice. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:284-95 pubmed..Concerning the expression of the Peg3 transgene, we detected appropriate expression in the adult brain. However, this was not sufficient to rescue the maternal behavior phenotype seen in Peg3 deficient animals. ..
- Kim J, Yu S, Choo J, Kim J. Two evolutionarily conserved sequence elements for Peg3/Usp29 transcription. BMC Mol Biol. 2008;9:108 pubmed publisher..CpG island surrounding the bidirectional promoter of two imprinted genes, Peg3 (Paternally expressed gene 3) and Usp29 (Ubiquitin-specific protease 29)...
- Kim J, Ekram M, Kim H, Faisal M, Frey W, Huang J, et al. Imprinting control region (ICR) of the Peg3 domain. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:2677-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, deletion of the Peg3-DMR caused global changes in the imprinting and transcription of the Peg3 domain, confirming that the Peg3-DMR is an ICR for this imprinted domain. ..