Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ubb
Description: ubiquitin B
Alias: AL033289, Rps27a, Uba52, Ubb2, Ubc, polyubiquitin-B
- Tan Z, Sun X, Hou F, Oh H, Hilgenberg L, Hol E, et al. Mutant ubiquitin found in Alzheimer's disease causes neuritic beading of mitochondria in association with neuronal degeneration. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:1721-32 pubmedA dinucleotide deletion in human ubiquitin (Ub) B messenger RNA leads to formation of polyubiquitin (UbB)+1, which has been implicated in neuronal cell death in Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases...
- Villen J, Beausoleil S, Gerber S, Gygi S. Large-scale phosphorylation analysis of mouse liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1488-93 pubmed..Finally, we identified double phosphorylation motifs that may be involved in ordered phosphorylation. ..
- Ramsdell C, Thames E, Weston J, Dewey M. Development of a deer mouse whole-genome radiation hybrid panel and comparative mapping of Mus chromosome 11 loci. Mamm Genome. 2006;17:37-48 pubmed..Furthermore, this separate linkage group is likely to reside in a chromosomal region of inversion polymorphism between P. maniculatus and P. polionotus. ..
- Chan W, Wu S, Ruszczyk L, Law E, Lee T, Baxendale V, et al. The complexity of antisense transcription revealed by the study of developing male germ cells. Genomics. 2006;87:681-92 pubmed..Thus antisense transcripts have complex origins and structures and the sense and antisense transcripts can be regulated independently. ..
- Guo C, Tang T, Bienko M, Dikic I, Friedberg E. Requirements for the interaction of mouse Polkappa with ubiquitin and its biological significance. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:4658-64 pubmed..However, the ubiquitin-binding motifs do not affect Polkappa half-life. Finally, we have examined levels of Polkappa expression following the exposure of mouse cells to benzo[a]pyrene-dihydrodiol epoxide or UVB radiation. ..
- Hua Z, Chang H, Wang Y, Smallwood P, Nathans J. Partial interchangeability of Fz3 and Fz6 in tissue polarity signaling for epithelial orientation and axon growth and guidance. Development. 2014;141:3944-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these experiments provide compelling evidence for a close mechanistic relationship between multiple anatomically diverse polarity processes. ..
- Ryu H, Park C, Ryu K. Disruption of polyubiquitin gene Ubb causes dysregulation of neural stem cell differentiation with premature gliogenesis. Sci Rep. 2014;4:7026 pubmed publisherDisruption of polyubiquitin gene Ubb leads to early-onset reactive gliosis and adult-onset hypothalamic neurodegeneration in mice...
- Voss G, Jockusch H. Genetic mapping of members of the polyubiquitin gene subfamily coding for UbB. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:169 pubmed
- Ishiguro T, Nakajima M, Naito M, Muto T, Tsuruo T. Identification of genes differentially expressed in B16 murine melanoma sublines with different metastatic potentials. Cancer Res. 1996;56:875-9 pubmed..TI-241 may regulate the expression of various genes as a transcription factor in the complex process of metastasis. ..
- Le Masson F, Razak Z, Kaigo M, Audouard C, Charry C, Cooke H, et al. Identification of heat shock factor 1 molecular and cellular targets during embryonic and adult female meiosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3410-23 pubmed publisher..This work provides new insights into meiotic gene regulation and points out potential links between cellular stress and the meiotic anomalies frequently observed in humans. ..
- Flores Alcantar A, Gonzalez Sandoval A, Escalante Alcalde D, Lomeli H. Dynamics of expression of ARID1A and ARID1B subunits in mouse embryos and in cells during the cell cycle. Cell Tissue Res. 2011;345:137-48 pubmed publisher..These kinetics probably affect the incorporation patterns of the ARID1 proteins to the complex and hence modulate SWI/SNF activity during proliferation and arrest. ..
- Ryu H, Park C, Ryu K. Restoration of cellular ubiquitin reverses impairments in neuronal development caused by disruption of the polyubiquitin gene Ubb. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;453:443-8 pubmed publisherDisruption of the polyubiquitin gene Ubb leads to hypothalamic neurodegeneration and metabolic disorders, including obesity and sleep abnormalities, in mice...
- Kim M, Choi J, Ryu H, Ryu K. Disruption of polyubiquitin gene Ubc leads to attenuated resistance against arsenite-induced toxicity in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:996-1009 pubmed publisherThe polyubiquitin gene Ubc is upregulated under oxidative stress induced by arsenite [As(III)]...
- Gerhardt C, Lier J, BurmÃ¼hl S, Struchtrup A, Deutschmann K, Vetter M, et al. The transition zone protein Rpgrip1l regulates proteasomal activity at the primary cilium. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:115-33 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that Rpgrip1l controls ciliary signaling by regulating the activity of the ciliary proteasome via Psmd2. ..
- Komander D. The emerging complexity of protein ubiquitination. Biochem Soc Trans. 2009;37:937-53 pubmed publisher..For example, ubiquitination may have important allosteric roles in protein regulation that are currently not appreciated. ..
- Waters S, Marchbank K, Solomon E, Whitehouse C, Gautel M. Interactions with LC3 and polyubiquitin chains link nbr1 to autophagic protein turnover. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1846-52 pubmed publisher..Nbr1 thus contributes to specific steps in protein turnover regulation disrupted in several hereditary human diseases. ..
- Mesli S, Javorschi S, Berard A, Landry M, Priddle H, Kivlichan D, et al. Distribution of the lipolysis stimulated receptor in adult and embryonic murine tissues and lethality of LSR-/- embryos at 12.5 to 14.5 days of gestation. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:3103-14 pubmed..5 and 15.5 of gestation, a time at which their liver was much smaller than that of their littermates, indicating that the expression of LSR is critical for liver and embryonic development. ..
- Nakayama K, Frew I, Hagensen M, Skals M, Habelhah H, Bhoumik A, et al. Siah2 regulates stability of prolyl-hydroxylases, controls HIF1alpha abundance, and modulates physiological responses to hypoxia. Cell. 2004;117:941-52 pubmed..Thus, the control of PHD1/3 by Siah1a/2 constitutes another level of complexity in the regulation of HIF1alpha during hypoxia. ..
- Jiang Z, Shih D, Xia Y, Lusis A, de Beer F, de Villiers W, et al. Structure, organization, and chromosomal mapping of the gene encoding macrosialin, a macrophage-restricted protein. Genomics. 1998;50:199-205 pubmed..Although the function of macrosialin is unknown, it might play a role in lipoprotein regulation given its binding of oxidized LDL in vitro and its colocalization to a region on chromosome 11 involved in the control of HDL levels. ..
- Melber K, Krieg P, Furstenberger G, Marks F. Molecular cloning of sequences activated during multi-stage carcinogenesis in mouse skin. Carcinogenesis. 1986;7:317-22 pubmed..Studies on the expression pattern of mal-1,-2 and -3 related sequences revealed transcriptional activation already in the benign papilloma stage of multi-step carcinogenesis. ..
- Finch J, Bonham K, Krieg P, Bowden G. Murine polyubiquitin mRNA sequence. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:1907 pubmed
- Sinnar S, Small C, Evanoff R, Reinholdt L, Griswold M, Kopito R, et al. Altered testicular gene expression patterns in mice lacking the polyubiquitin gene Ubb. Mol Reprod Dev. 2011;78:415-25 pubmed publisher..We have previously reported that targeted disruption of the polyubiquitin gene Ubb results in male and female infertility in Ubb(-/-) mice, with germ cells arrested at meiotic prophase I...
- Verheijen B, Gentier R, Hermes D, van Leeuwen F, Hopkins D. Selective Transgenic Expression of Mutant Ubiquitin in Purkinje Cell Stripes in the Cerebellum. Cerebellum. 2017;16:746-750 pubmed publisher..Intracellular accumulation of ubiquitin-B+1 (UBB+1), a frameshift mutant of ubiquitin-B, is indicative of a dysfunctional UPS and has been implicated in ..
- Finch J, St John T, Krieg P, Bonham K, Smith H, Fried V, et al. Overexpression of three ubiquitin genes in mouse epidermal tumors is associated with enhanced cellular proliferation and stress. Cell Growth Differ. 1992;3:269-78 pubmed..4, 2.8, 6.4, and 7.8 kilobases (kb) were detected by an oligonucleotide specific for a mouse UbC polyubiquitin clone. A 1...
- Klingenspor M, Bodnar J, Welch C, Xia Y, Lusis A, Reue K. Localization of ubiquitin gene family members to mouse chromosomes 5, 11, and 18. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:789-90 pubmed
- Xing J, Weng L, Yuan B, Wang Z, Jia L, Jin R, et al. Identification of a role for TRIM29 in the control of innate immunity in the respiratory tract. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:1373-1380 pubmed publisher..These data identify TRIM29 as a key negative regulator of alveolar macrophages and might have important clinical implications for local immunity and immunopathology. ..