Genomes and Genes
type IIc Na Pi cotransporter
Gene Symbol: type IIc Na Pi cotransporter
Description: solute carrier family 34 (sodium phosphate), member 3
Alias: AI649385, Npt2c, Npt2c-v1, NptIIc, naPi-2c, sodium-dependent phosphate transport protein 2C, Na(+)-dependent phosphate cotransporter 2C, Na(+)/Pi cotransporter 2C, sodium-phosphate cotransporter IIC, sodium/phosphate cotransporter 2C, type IIc Na+/Pi-cotransporter, type IIc NaPi-cotransporter-v1
Products: type IIc Na Pi cotransporter
- Myakala K, Motta S, Murer H, Wagner C, Koesters R, Biber J, et al. Renal-specific and inducible depletion of NaPi-IIc/Slc34a3, the cotransporter mutated in HHRH, does not affect phosphate or calcium homeostasis in mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014;306:F833-43 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the calcium-related phenotype observed in constitutive knockout mice may not be related to inactivation of the cotransporter in kidney. ..
- Kaneko I, Segawa H, Furutani J, Kuwahara S, Aranami F, Hanabusa E, et al. Hypophosphatemia in vitamin D receptor null mice: effect of rescue diet on the developmental changes in renal Na+ -dependent phosphate cotransporters. Pflugers Arch. 2011;461:77-90 pubmed publisher..In VDR (+/+) mice, renal Npt2a/Npt2c/PiT-2 protein levels were significantly increased at 21 and 28 days of age compared with that at 1 day of age...
- Madjdpour C, Bacic D, Kaissling B, Murer H, Biber J. Segment-specific expression of sodium-phosphate cotransporters NaPi-IIa and -IIc and interacting proteins in mouse renal proximal tubules. Pflugers Arch. 2004;448:402-10 pubmed..NHERF-1 and PDZK1, at both mRNA and protein levels, were distributed evenly along the PTs and did not change after a low-Pi diet. ..
- Tomoe Y, Segawa H, Shiozawa K, Kaneko I, Tominaga R, Hanabusa E, et al. Phosphaturic action of fibroblast growth factor 23 in Npt2 null mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2010;298:F1341-50 pubmed publisher..a vector encoding FGF23 with the R179Q mutation (FGF23M) to wild-type (WT) mice, Npt2a knockout (KO) mice, Npt2c KO mice, and Npt2a(-/-)Npt2c(-/-) mice (DKO mice)...
- Shibasaki Y, Etoh N, Hayasaka M, Takahashi M, Kakitani M, Yamashita T, et al. Targeted deletion of the tybe IIb Na(+)-dependent Pi-co-transporter, NaPi-IIb, results in early embryonic lethality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:482-6 pubmed publisher..Expression patterns of NaPi-IIb suggest that NaPi-IIb plays an important role in Pi absorption from maternal circulation. ..
- Ohata Y, Yamazaki M, Kawai M, Tsugawa N, Tachikawa K, Koinuma T, et al. Elevated fibroblast growth factor 23 exerts its effects on placenta and regulates vitamin D metabolism in pregnancy of Hyp mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2014;29:1627-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased levels of circulating FGF23 in pathological conditions such as Hyp mice exerts direct effects on the placenta and affects fetal vitamin D metabolism via the regulation of Cyp24a1 expression. ..
- Cheng X, Klaassen C. Tissue distribution, ontogeny, and hormonal regulation of xenobiotic transporters in mouse kidneys. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:2178-85 pubmed publisher..1, equilibrative nucleoside transporter [Ent] 2, Ent3, sodium-phosphate cotransporter [Npt] 1, Npt2a, Npt2b, Npt2c, organic anion transporter [Oat] 5, organic anion-transporting polypeptide [Oatp] 4c1, peptide transporter 2, and ..