Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trim28
Description: tripartite motif-containing 28
Alias: AA408787, KAP-1, KRIP-1, MommeD9, Tif1b, Tif1beta, transcription intermediary factor 1-beta, E3 SUMO-protein ligase TRIM28, KRAB-A-interacting protein, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase TIF1-beta, TIF1-beta, transcriptional intermediary factor 1, beta, tripartite motif protein 28, tripartite motif-containing protein 28
- Cammas F, Janoshazi A, Lerouge T, Losson R. Dynamic and selective interactions of the transcriptional corepressor TIF1 beta with the heterochromatin protein HP1 isotypes during cell differentiation. Differentiation. 2007;75:627-37 pubmed..shown that interaction between the Krüppel associated box-containing zinc finger proteins (KRAB-ZFP) corepressor TIF1beta and the heterochromatin proteins HP1 is essential for progression through differentiation of embryonal carcinoma ..
- Chikuma S, Suita N, Okazaki I, Shibayama S, Honjo T. TRIM28 prevents autoinflammatory T cell development in vivo. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:596-603 pubmed publisherb>TRIM28 is a component of heterochromatin complexes whose function in the immune system is unknown...
- Cammas F, Herzog M, Lerouge T, Chambon P, Losson R. Association of the transcriptional corepressor TIF1beta with heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1): an essential role for progression through differentiation. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2147-60 pubmedThe transcriptional intermediary factor 1beta (TIF1beta) is a corepressor for KRAB-domain-containing zinc finger proteins and is believed to play essential roles in cell physiology by regulating chromatin organization at specific loci ..
- Herzog M, Wendling O, Guillou F, Chambon P, Mark M, Losson R, et al. TIF1? association with HP1 is essential for post-gastrulation development, but not for Sertoli cell functions during spermatogenesis. Dev Biol. 2011;350:548-58 pubmed publisher..5 embryos and of Sertoli cells, an association that is lost upon TIF1? HP1box mutation. Altogether, these data provide strong evidence that nuclear organization plays key roles during early embryonic development. ..
- Wolf D, Goff S. Embryonic stem cells use ZFP809 to silence retroviral DNAs. Nature. 2009;458:1201-4 pubmed publisher..We have recently shown that a large protein complex binding to the primer binding site in ESCs contains TRIM28 (refs 8, 9), a well-characterized transcriptional co-repressor...
- Herquel B, Ouararhni K, Khetchoumian K, Ignat M, Teletin M, Mark M, et al. Transcription cofactors TRIM24, TRIM28, and TRIM33 associate to form regulatory complexes that suppress murine hepatocellular carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8212-7 pubmed publisherTRIM24 (TIF1?), TRIM28 (TIF1?), and TRIM33 (TIF1?) are three related cofactors belonging to the tripartite motif superfamily that interact with distinct transcription factors...
- Wolf D, Cammas F, Losson R, Goff S. Primer binding site-dependent restriction of murine leukemia virus requires HP1 binding by TRIM28. J Virol. 2008;82:4675-9 pubmed publisherb>TRIM28 is a transcriptional corepressor which is required for primer binding site (PBS)-dependent restriction of murine leukemia virus (MLV) replication in embryonic stem and embryonic carcinoma (EC) cells...
- Jakobsson J, Cordero M, Bisaz R, Groner A, Busskamp V, Bensadoun J, et al. KAP1-mediated epigenetic repression in the forebrain modulates behavioral vulnerability to stress. Neuron. 2008;60:818-31 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the tethering of KAP1-associated chromatin remodeling factors via KRAB-ZFPs epigenetically controls gene expression in the hippocampus, thereby conditioning responses to behavioral stress. ..
- Goodarzi A, Noon A, Deckbar D, Ziv Y, Shiloh Y, Lobrich M, et al. ATM signaling facilitates repair of DNA double-strand breaks associated with heterochromatin. Mol Cell. 2008;31:167-77 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the importance of ATM signaling for DSB repair increases as the heterochromatic component of a genome expands. ..
- Wolf D, Goff S. TRIM28 mediates primer binding site-targeted silencing of murine leukemia virus in embryonic cells. Cell. 2007;131:46-57 pubmed..We have partially purified a large PBS-mediated silencing complex and identified TRIM28 (Kap-1), a known transcriptional silencer, as an integral component of the complex...
- Rowe H, Jakobsson J, Mesnard D, Rougemont J, Reynard S, Aktas T, et al. KAP1 controls endogenous retroviruses in embryonic stem cells. Nature. 2010;463:237-40 pubmed publisher..KAP1 (KRAB-associated protein 1, also known as tripartite motif-containing protein 28, TRIM28) represses genes by recruiting the histone methyltransferase SETDB1, heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1) and the NuRD ..
- Remboutsika E, Lutz Y, Gansmuller A, Vonesch J, Losson R, Chambon P. The putative nuclear receptor mediator TIF1alpha is tightly associated with euchromatin. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 11):1671-83 pubmed..g. liganded nuclear receptors) to their cognate sites in target genes, thereby participitating in the epigenetic control of transcription during embryonic development and cell differentiation. ..
- Le Douarin B, Nielsen A, Garnier J, Ichinose H, Jeanmougin F, Losson R, et al. A possible involvement of TIF1 alpha and TIF1 beta in the epigenetic control of transcription by nuclear receptors. EMBO J. 1996;15:6701-15 pubmed..as well as a protein structurally and functionally related to TIF1 (renamed TIF1 alpha), which was named TIF1 beta. Here we discuss how the function of members of the TIF1 family in the control of transcription could be exerted ..
- Barde I, Rauwel B, Marin Florez R, Corsinotti A, Laurenti E, Verp S, et al. A KRAB/KAP1-miRNA cascade regulates erythropoiesis through stage-specific control of mitophagy. Science. 2013;340:350-3 pubmed publisher..Thus, a multilayered transcription regulatory system is present, in which protein- and RNA-based repressors are superimposed in combinatorial fashion to govern the timely triggering of an important differentiation event. ..
- Wolf D, Hug K, Goff S. TRIM28 mediates primer binding site-targeted silencing of Lys1,2 tRNA-utilizing retroviruses in embryonic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12521-6 pubmed publisher..We have recently demonstrated that the cellular corepressor TRIM28 is recruited to the proline tRNA primer-binding site used by many MLVs and is required to mediate this silencing...
- Khetchoumian K, Teletin M, Mark M, Lerouge T, Cerviño M, Oulad Abdelghani M, et al. TIF1delta, a novel HP1-interacting member of the transcriptional intermediary factor 1 (TIF1) family expressed by elongating spermatids. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48329-41 pubmed..Moreover, like TIF1alpha and TIF1beta, TIF1delta can homodimerize and contains a PXVXL motif necessary and sufficient for HP1 (heterochromatin protein ..
- Liang J, Wan M, Zhang Y, Gu P, Xin H, Jung S, et al. Nanog and Oct4 associate with unique transcriptional repression complexes in embryonic stem cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:731-9 pubmed publisher..Our data collectively suggest that Nanog and Oct4 associate with unique repressor complexes on their target genes to control ES cell fate. ..
- Kakarougkas A, Ismail A, Klement K, Goodarzi A, Conrad S, Freire R, et al. Opposing roles for 53BP1 during homologous recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:9719-31 pubmed publisher..In contrast to this role for 53BP1 in HR in G2 phase, we show that it is dispensable for HR in S phase, where HC regions are likely relaxed during replication. ..
- Ryan R, Schultz D, Ayyanathan K, Singh P, Friedman J, Fredericks W, et al. KAP-1 corepressor protein interacts and colocalizes with heterochromatic and euchromatic HP1 proteins: a potential role for Krüppel-associated box-zinc finger proteins in heterochromatin-mediated gene silencing. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4366-78 pubmed..We speculate that gene-specific repression may be a consequence of the formation of such complexes, ultimately leading to silenced genes in newly formed heterochromatic chromosomal environments. ..
- Santoni de Sio F, Massacand J, Barde I, Offner S, Corsinotti A, Kapopoulou A, et al. KAP1 regulates gene networks controlling mouse B-lymphoid cell differentiation and function. Blood. 2012;119:4675-85 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore reveal the role of KRAB/KAP1-mediated epigenetic regulation in B-cell development and homeostasis. ..
- Cammas F, Garnier J, Chambon P, Losson R. Correlation of the exon/intron organization to the conserved domains of the mouse transcriptional corepressor TIF1beta. Gene. 2000;253:231-5 pubmedb>TIF1beta, a member of the transcriptional intermediary factor 1 family, has been reported to function as a corepressor for the large class of KRAB domain-containing zinc finger proteins of the Krüppel type...
- Santoni de Sio F, Barde I, Offner S, Kapopoulou A, Corsinotti A, Bojkowska K, et al. KAP1 regulates gene networks controlling T-cell development and responsiveness. FASEB J. 2012;26:4561-75 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the so far unsuspected yet important role of KAP1-mediated epigenetic regulation in T-lymphocyte differentiation and activation. ..
- Seki Y, Kurisaki A, Watanabe Susaki K, Nakajima Y, Nakanishi M, Arai Y, et al. TIF1beta regulates the pluripotency of embryonic stem cells in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10926-31 pubmed publisher..that a phosphorylation-dependent chromatin relaxation factor, transcriptional intermediary factor-1beta (TIF1beta), is a unique regulator of the pluripotency of ES cells and regulates Oct3/4-dependent transcription in a ..
- Nomura T, Tanikawa J, Akimaru H, Kanei Ishii C, Ichikawa Iwata E, Khan M, et al. Oncogenic activation of c-Myb correlates with a loss of negative regulation by TIF1beta and Ski. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16715-26 pubmed..Here we report that TIF1beta directly binds to the NRD and negatively regulates the c-Myb-dependent trans-activation...
- Hosoya T, Clifford M, Losson R, Tanabe O, Engel J. TRIM28 is essential for erythroblast differentiation in the mouse. Blood. 2013;122:3798-807 pubmed publisherIn previous mass spectrometry and coimmune precipitation studies, we identified tripartite motif-containing 28 (TRIM28; also known as transcriptional intermediary factor1? and Krüppel-associated box-associated protein-1) as a cofactor ..
- Rambaud J, Desroches J, Balsalobre A, Drouin J. TIF1beta/KAP-1 is a coactivator of the orphan nuclear receptor NGFI-B/Nur77. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14147-56 pubmed publisher..to define mechanisms of transcriptional activation by the orphan nuclear receptor NGFI-B (Nur77), we identified TIF1beta by mass spectrometry within a nuclear protein complex containing NGFI-B...
- Sampath Kumar A, Seah M, Ling K, Wang Y, Tan J, Nitsch S, et al. Loss of maternal Trim28 causes male-predominant early embryonic lethality. Genes Dev. 2017;31:12-17 pubmed publisher..Rbmy1a1 is a novel target of the TRIM28 complex, which is required to protect its repressive epigenetic state during embryonic epigenetic reprogramming.
- Bunch H, Lawney B, Burkholder A, Ma D, Zheng X, Motola S, et al. RNA polymerase II promoter-proximal pausing in mammalian long non-coding genes. Genomics. 2016;108:64-77 pubmed publisher..A pausing and transcriptional elongation factor for protein-coding genes, tripartite motif-containing 28 (TRIM28) regulates the transcription of a subset of lncRNAs in mammalian cells...
- Zhou X, Yu J, Chang M, Zhang M, Zhou D, Cammas F, et al. TRIM28 mediates chromatin modifications at the TCR? enhancer and regulates the development of T and natural killer T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20083-8 pubmed publisher..We show here that the chromatin-modifying factor TRIM28 is highly expressed in double-positive thymocytes and persistently phosphorylated at serine 473...
- Oh H, Li Y, Lau Y. Sry associates with the heterochromatin protein 1 complex by interacting with a KRAB domain protein. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:407-15 pubmed
- Singh K, Cassano M, Planet E, Sebastian S, Jang S, Sohi G, et al. A KAP1 phosphorylation switch controls MyoD function during skeletal muscle differentiation. Genes Dev. 2015;29:513-25 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify KAP1 (KRAB [KrÃ¼ppel-like associated box]-associated protein 1)/TRIM28 (tripartite motif protein 28) as a key regulator of MyoD function...
- Nikulina K, Bodeker M, Warren J, Matthews P, Margolis T. A novel Krüppel related factor consisting of only a KRAB domain is expressed in the murine trigeminal ganglion. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:839-49 pubmed..However MIF1 appears to be capable of interacting with the co-repressor TIF1beta and exhibits transcription repressor activity when fused to yeast GAL4 binding domain protein...
- Quenneville S, Verde G, Corsinotti A, Kapopoulou A, Jakobsson J, Offner S, et al. In embryonic stem cells, ZFP57/KAP1 recognize a methylated hexanucleotide to affect chromatin and DNA methylation of imprinting control regions. Mol Cell. 2011;44:361-72 pubmed publisher..These results significantly advance our understanding of imprinting and suggest a general mechanism for the protection of specific loci against the wave of DNA demethylation that affects the mammalian genome during early embryogenesis. ..
- Jiang S, Minter L, Stratton S, Yang P, Abbas H, Akdemir Z, et al. TRIM24 suppresses development of spontaneous hepatic lipid accumulation and hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. J Hepatol. 2015;62:371-9 pubmed publisher..Complete loss of Trim24 offers a model of human non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, steatosis, fibrosis and development of hepatocellular carcinoma in the absence of high-fat diet or obesity. ..
- Miles D, de Vries N, Gisler S, Lieftink C, Akhtar W, Gogola E, et al. TRIM28 is an Epigenetic Barrier to Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Reprogramming. Stem Cells. 2017;35:147-157 pubmed publisher..We have uncovered an important role for TRIM28 in cells resisting transition between somatic and pluripotent states...
- Maruyama A, Nishikawa K, Kawatani Y, Mimura J, Hosoya T, Harada N, et al. The novel Nrf2-interacting factor KAP1 regulates susceptibility to oxidative stress by promoting the Nrf2-mediated cytoprotective response. Biochem J. 2011;436:387-97 pubmed publisher..These results support our contention that KAP1 participates in the oxidative stress response by maximizing Nrf2-dependent transcription. ..
- Shibata M, Blauvelt K, Liem K, GARCIA GARCIA M. TRIM28 is required by the mouse KRAB domain protein ZFP568 to control convergent extension and morphogenesis of extra-embryonic tissues. Development. 2011;138:5333-43 pubmed publisherb>TRIM28 is a transcriptional regulator that is essential for embryonic development and is implicated in a variety of human diseases...
- Rahmoun M, Lavery R, Laurent Chaballier S, Bellora N, Philip G, Rossitto M, et al. In mammalian foetal testes, SOX9 regulates expression of its target genes by binding to genomic regions with conserved signatures. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7191-7211 pubmed publisher..Starting from the hypothesis that nuclear factors that bind to genomic regions with SCS could functionally interact with SOX9, we identified TRIM28 as a new SOX9 partner in foetal testes.
- Miyagi S, Koide S, Saraya A, Wendt G, Oshima M, Konuma T, et al. The TIF1?-HP1 system maintains transcriptional integrity of hematopoietic stem cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2014;2:145-52 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that TIF1? is essential for the maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs). Deletion of Tif1b in mice induced active cycling and apoptosis of HSCs and promoted egression of HSCs from the bone marrow, leading ..
- Jacobs F, Greenberg D, Nguyen N, Haeussler M, Ewing A, Katzman S, et al. An evolutionary arms race between KRAB zinc-finger genes ZNF91/93 and SVA/L1 retrotransposons. Nature. 2014;516:242-5 pubmed publisher..In mouse embryonic stem cells, transcriptional silencing of retrotransposons requires KAP1 (also known as TRIM28) and its repressive complex, which can be recruited to target sites by KRAB zinc-finger (KZNF) proteins such as ..
- Cheng B, Ren X, Kerppola T. KAP1 represses differentiation-inducible genes in embryonic stem cells through cooperative binding with PRC1 and derepresses pluripotency-associated genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:2075-91 pubmed publisher..The opposite effects of KAP1 on the transcription of differentiation-inducible versus pluripotency-associated genes contributed to the reciprocal changes in their transcription during differentiation. ..
- Dalgaard K, Landgraf K, Heyne S, Lempradl A, Longinotto J, Gossens K, et al. Trim28 Haploinsufficiency Triggers Bi-stable Epigenetic Obesity. Cell. 2016;164:353-64 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify a Trim28-dependent network capable of triggering obesity in a non-Mendelian, "on/off" manner...
- Dan J, Liu Y, Liu N, Chiourea M, Okuka M, Wu T, et al. Rif1 maintains telomere length homeostasis of ESCs by mediating heterochromatin silencing. Dev Cell. 2014;29:7-19 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Rif1 interacts and stabilizes H3K9 methylation complex. Thus, Rif1 regulates telomere length homeostasis of ESCs by mediating heterochromatic silencing. ..
- Rousseaux M, de Haro M, Lasagna Reeves C, De Maio A, Park J, Jafar Nejad P, et al. TRIM28 regulates the nuclear accumulation and toxicity of both alpha-synuclein and tau. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..We therefore screened for genes that affect post-translational levels of ?-Syn and tau. We found that TRIM28 regulates ?-Syn and tau levels and that its reduction rescues toxicity in animal models of tau- and ?-Syn-mediated ..
- Chang C, Chen Y, Lee S. Coactivator TIF1beta interacts with transcription factor C/EBPbeta and glucocorticoid receptor to induce alpha1-acid glycoprotein gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5880-7 pubmed..In this report, we have identified a novel transcriptional intermediary factor, TIF1beta, which could enhance the transcription of the agp gene by the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and C/EBPbeta...
- Murphy K, Shylo N, Alexander K, Churchill A, Copperman C, GARCIA GARCIA M. The Transcriptional Repressive Activity of KRAB Zinc Finger Proteins Does Not Correlate with Their Ability to Recruit TRIM28. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0163555 pubmed publisher..The prevailing view is that KRAB domain proteins function as potent transcriptional repressors by recruiting TRIM28 and promoting heterochromatin spreading...
- Okazaki I, Okawa K, Kobayashi M, Yoshikawa K, Kawamoto S, Nagaoka H, et al. Histone chaperone Spt6 is required for class switch recombination but not somatic hypermutation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:7920-5 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Spt6 is involved in differential regulation of CSR and SHM by AID. ..
- Enriquez Rios V, Dumitrache L, Downing S, Li Y, Brown E, Russell H, et al. DNA-PKcs, ATM, and ATR Interplay Maintains Genome Integrity during Neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2017;37:893-905 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate functionally distinct, but cooperative, roles for each kinase in preserving genome stability in the nervous system. ..
- Yang Y, Fiskus W, Yong B, Atadja P, Takahashi Y, Pandita T, et al. Acetylated hsp70 and KAP1-mediated Vps34 SUMOylation is required for autophagosome creation in autophagy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6841-6 pubmed publisher..1/3 knockout mouse embryonic fibroblasts MEFs. These findings highlight a regulatory mechanism of Vps34 activity, which involves acetylated hsp70 and KAP1-dependent SUMOylation of Vps34 bound to Beclin 1. ..
- Mujtaba S, He Y, Zeng L, Farooq A, Carlson J, Ott M, et al. Structural basis of lysine-acetylated HIV-1 Tat recognition by PCAF bromodomain. Mol Cell. 2002;9:575-86 pubmed
- Kokavec J, Zikmund T, Savvulidi F, Kulvait V, Edelmann W, Skoultchi A, et al. The ISWI ATPase Smarca5 (Snf2h) Is Required for Proliferation and Differentiation of Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1614-1623 pubmed publisher..Thus, Smarca5 plays indispensable roles during early hematopoiesis and erythropoiesis. Stem Cells 2017;35:1614-1623. ..
- Fasching L, Kapopoulou A, Sachdeva R, Petri R, JÃ¶nsson M, MÃ¤nne C, et al. TRIM28 represses transcription of endogenous retroviruses in neural progenitor cells. Cell Rep. 2015;10:20-8 pubmed publisherb>TRIM28 is a corepressor that mediates transcriptional silencing by establishing local heterochromatin...
- Torres Padilla M, Zernicka Goetz M. Role of TIF1alpha as a modulator of embryonic transcription in the mouse zygote. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:329-38 pubmed..These studies indicate that TIF1alpha is a factor that modulates the expression of a set of genes during the first wave of genome activation in the mouse embryo. ..
- Yang D, Ma Z, Lin W, Yang J, Tian C, Wei H, et al. Identification of KAP-1-associated complexes negatively regulating the Ey and ?-major globin genes in the ?-globin locus. J Proteomics. 2013;80:132-44 pubmed publisher..We found that KAP-1 may contribute to the repression of Ey and ?-major globin gene transcription through recruitment to the promoters of these two genes, mediated by the interaction of KAP-1 with either Zfp445 or MafK, respectively. ..
- Venkov C, Link A, Jennings J, Plieth D, Inoue T, Nagai K, et al. A proximal activator of transcription in epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:482-91 pubmed..We believe formation of the CBF-A/KAP-1/FTS-1 complex is sufficient for the induction of FSP1 and a novel proximal activator of EMT. ..
- Jeevan Raj B, Robert I, Heyer V, Page A, Wang J, Cammas F, et al. Epigenetic tethering of AID to the donor switch region during immunoglobulin class switch recombination. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1649-60 pubmed publisher..We propose that KAP1 and HP1 tether AID to H3K9me3 residues at the donor switch region, thus providing a mechanism linking AID to epigenetic modifications during CSR. ..
- White D, Rafalska Metcalf I, Ivanov A, Corsinotti A, Peng H, Lee S, et al. The ATM substrate KAP1 controls DNA repair in heterochromatin: regulation by HP1 proteins and serine 473/824 phosphorylation. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:401-14 pubmed publisher..While HP1 association tempers KAP1 phosphorylation, this interaction also slows the resolution of ?H2AX foci. Thus, HP1-dependent regulation of KAP1 influences DNA repair in heterochromatin. ..
- Gowher H, Brick K, Camerini Otero R, Felsenfeld G. Vezf1 protein binding sites genome-wide are associated with pausing of elongating RNA polymerase II. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2370-5 pubmed publisher..We further show that Vezf1 interacts with Mrg15/Mrgbp, a protein that recognizes H3K36 trimethylation, consistent with the role of histone modifications at alternatively spliced sites. ..
- Lu X, Beck G, Gilbert L, Camalier C, Bateman N, Hood B, et al. Identification of the homeobox protein Prx1 (MHox, Prrx-1) as a regulator of osterix expression and mediator of tumor necrosis factor ? action in osteoblast differentiation. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:209-19 pubmed publisher..Activation of Prx1 by TNF may contribute to reduced bone formation in inflammatory arthritis, menopause, and aging. ..
- Kim W, Wittner B, Amzallag A, Brannigan B, Ting D, Ramaswamy S, et al. The WTX Tumor Suppressor Interacts with the Transcriptional Corepressor TRIM28. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:14381-90 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the transcriptional corepressor TRIM28 is the major binding partner for nuclear WTX...
- Liu B, Wang Z, Ghosh S, Zhou Z. Defective ATM-Kap-1-mediated chromatin remodeling impairs DNA repair and accelerates senescence in progeria mouse model. Aging Cell. 2013;12:316-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, ATM-Kap-1-mediated chromatin remodeling plays a critical role in premature aging, carrying significant implications for progeria therapy. ..
- Agata Y, Matsuda E, Shimizu A. Two novel Krüppel-associated box-containing zinc-finger proteins, KRAZ1 and KRAZ2, repress transcription through functional interaction with the corepressor KAP-1 (TIF1beta/KRIP-1). J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16412-22 pubmed
- Kim S, Chen Y, O LEARY E, Witzgall R, Vidal M, Bonventre J. A novel member of the RING finger family, KRIP-1, associates with the KRAB-A transcriptional repressor domain of zinc finger proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:15299-304 pubmed..Thus, KRIP-1 interacts with the KRAB-A region of C2H2 zinc finger proteins and may mediate or modulate KRAB-A transcriptional repressor activity. ..
- Peng H, Ivanov A, Oh H, Lau Y, Rauscher F. Epigenetic gene silencing by the SRY protein is mediated by a KRAB-O protein that recruits the KAP1 co-repressor machinery. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35670-80 pubmed publisher..Other KRAB domain proteins, which lack a zinc finger DNA-binding motif, may function in similar roles as adaptor proteins for epigenetic gene silencing. ..
- ElsÃ¤sser S, Noh K, Diaz N, Allis C, Banaszynski L. Histone H3.3 is required for endogenous retroviral element silencing in embryonic stem cells. Nature. 2015;522:240-244 pubmed publisher..known as SETDB1 or KMT1E) and a co-repressor complex containing KRAB-associated protein 1 (KAP1; also known as TRIM28) in mouse embryonic stem cells. Here we show that the replacement histone variant H3...