Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trim24
Description: tripartite motif-containing 24
Alias: A130082H20Rik, AI447469, D430004I05Rik, TIF1, TIF1-alpha, TIF1alpha, Tif1a, transcription intermediary factor 1-alpha, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase Trim24, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase TIF1-alpha, transcriptional intermediary factor 1, alpha, tripartite motif-containing protein 24
- Laz E, Holloway M, Chen C, Waxman D. Characterization of three growth hormone-responsive transcription factors preferentially expressed in adult female liver. Endocrinology. 2007;148:3327-37 pubmed..box protein (Tox)], 73-fold [tripartite motif-containing 24 (Trim24)/transcription initiation factor-1alpha (TIF1alpha)], and 125-fold [cut-like 2 (Cutl2)/cut homeobox 2 (Cux2)] higher than in adult males, depending on the strain ..
- Conforto T, Zhang Y, Sherman J, Waxman D. Impact of CUX2 on the female mouse liver transcriptome: activation of female-biased genes and repression of male-biased genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4611-27 pubmed publisher..highly female-specific genes that were positively regulated by CUX2, including A1bg, Cyp2b9, Cyp3a44, Tox, and Trim24. CUX2 expression and chromatin binding were high in immature male liver, where repression of adult male-biased ..
- Josset L, Belser J, Pantin Jackwood M, Chang J, Chang S, Belisle S, et al. Implication of inflammatory macrophages, nuclear receptors, and interferon regulatory factors in increased virulence of pandemic 2009 H1N1 influenza A virus after host adaptation. J Virol. 2012;86:7192-206 pubmed publisher..regulatory factors (IRFs) and increased NF-?B activation, as well as inhibition of the negative regulator TRIM24, (ii) early and persistent infiltration of immune cells, including inflammatory macrophages, and (iii) the absence ..
- Zhong S, Delva L, Rachez C, Cenciarelli C, Gandini D, Zhang H, et al. A RA-dependent, tumour-growth suppressive transcription complex is the target of the PML-RARalpha and T18 oncoproteins. Nat Genet. 1999;23:287-95 pubmedPML and Tif1a are fused to RARA and Braf, respectively, resulting in the production of PML-RARalpha and Tif1alpha-B-Raf (T18) oncoproteins...
- Herquel B, Ouararhni K, Khetchoumian K, Ignat M, Teletin M, Mark M, et al. Transcription cofactors TRIM24, TRIM28, and TRIM33 associate to form regulatory complexes that suppress murine hepatocellular carcinoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8212-7 pubmed publisherb>TRIM24 (TIF1?), TRIM28 (TIF1?), and TRIM33 (TIF1?) are three related cofactors belonging to the tripartite motif superfamily that interact with distinct transcription factors...
- Jain A, Barton M. Regulation of p53: TRIM24 enters the RING. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3668-74 pubmed..Depletion of TRIM24, formerly named TIF1alpha, in tumor-derived cells induces p53-dependent apoptosis...
- Miki T, Fleming T, Crescenzi M, Molloy C, Blam S, Reynolds S, et al. Development of a highly efficient expression cDNA cloning system: application to oncogene isolation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:5167-71 pubmed..The high frequency at which clones were identified and the large sizes of some of the transforming cDNA inserts isolated suggest wide applicability of this mammalian expression cloning system for isolating cDNAs of biologic interest. ..
- Rafiee M, Girardot C, Sigismondo G, Krijgsveld J. Expanding the Circuitry of Pluripotency by Selective Isolation of Chromatin-Associated Proteins. Mol Cell. 2016;64:624-635 pubmed publisher..b>Trim24, a previously unrecognized protein in the network, converges with OSN on multiple enhancers and suppresses the ..
- Kikuchi M, Okumura F, Tsukiyama T, Watanabe M, Miyajima N, Tanaka J, et al. TRIM24 mediates ligand-dependent activation of androgen receptor and is repressed by a bromodomain-containing protein, BRD7, in prostate cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:1828-36 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that TRIM24/transcriptional intermediary factor 1alpha (TIF1alpha), which is known as a ligand-dependent nuclear receptor co-regulator, interacts with AR and enhances ..
- Tisserand J, Khetchoumian K, Thibault C, Dembele D, Chambon P, Losson R. Tripartite motif 24 (Trim24/Tif1?) tumor suppressor protein is a novel negative regulator of interferon (IFN)/signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) signaling pathway acting through retinoic acid receptor ? (Rar?) inhibition. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33369-79 pubmed publisherRecent genetic studies in mice have established that the nuclear receptor coregulator Trim24/Tif1? suppresses hepatocarcinogenesis by inhibiting retinoic acid receptor ? (Rara)-dependent transcription and cell proliferation...
- Khetchoumian K, Teletin M, Tisserand J, Herquel B, Ouararhni K, Losson R. Trim24 (Tif1 alpha): an essential 'brake' for retinoic acid-induced transcription to prevent liver cancer. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3647-52 pubmed..TRIM24 (formerly known as TIF1 alpha) was among the first co-regulators identified as interacting with RARs in a ligand-dependent fashion, and it was ..
- Ignat M, Teletin M, Tisserand J, Khetchoumian K, Dennefeld C, Chambon P, et al. Arterial calcifications and increased expression of vitamin D receptor targets in mice lacking TIF1alpha. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2598-603 pubmed publisher..Using genetic approaches, we demonstrate here that the transcriptional intermediary factor 1alpha (TIF1alpha), recently shown to function as a tumor suppressor in murine hepatocytes, also participates in a molecular ..
- Herquel B, Ouararhni K, Martianov I, Le Gras S, Ye T, Keime C, et al. Trim24-repressed VL30 retrotransposons regulate gene expression by producing noncoding RNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:339-46 pubmed publisherb>Trim24 (Tif1?) and Trim33 (Tif1?) interact to form a co-repressor complex that suppresses murine hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Hsu S, Yang C, Sim K, Hentschel D, O LEARY E, Bonventre J. TRIP-Br: a novel family of PHD zinc finger- and bromodomain-interacting proteins that regulate the transcriptional activity of E2F-1/DP-1. EMBO J. 2001;20:2273-85 pubmed..the PHD-bromodomain of co-repressors of Krüppel-associated box (KRAB)-mediated repression, KRIP-1(TIF1beta) and TIF1alpha, as well as the co-activator/adaptor p300/CBP...
- Mujtaba S, He Y, Zeng L, Farooq A, Carlson J, Ott M, et al. Structural basis of lysine-acetylated HIV-1 Tat recognition by PCAF bromodomain. Mol Cell. 2002;9:575-86 pubmed
- Khetchoumian K, Teletin M, Tisserand J, Mark M, Herquel B, Ignat M, et al. Loss of Trim24 (Tif1alpha) gene function confers oncogenic activity to retinoic acid receptor alpha. Nat Genet. 2007;39:1500-6 pubmed..Here, we provide evidence that the ligand-dependent nuclear receptor co-regulator Trim24 (also known as Tif1alpha) functions in mice as a liver-specific tumor suppressor...
- Torres Padilla M, Zernicka Goetz M. Role of TIF1alpha as a modulator of embryonic transcription in the mouse zygote. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:329-38 pubmed..Very little is known about the molecules involved in this process. We show that the transcription intermediary factor 1 alpha (TIF1alpha) is involved in modulating gene expression during the first wave of transcription ..
- Perez Lloret J, Okoye I, Guidi R, Kannan Y, Coomes S, Czieso S, et al. T-cell-intrinsic Tif1Î±/Trim24 regulates IL-1R expression on TH2 cells and TH2 cell-mediated airway allergy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E568-76 pubmed publisher..and identified that transcription intermediary factor 1 regulator-alpha (Tif1Î±)/tripartite motif-containing 24 (Trim24) was predicted to be active in house dust mite (HDM)- and helminth-elicited Il4(gfp+)Î±Î²(+)CD4(+) TH2 cells ..