Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Trib1
Description: tribbles homolog 1 (Drosophila)
Alias: A530090O15Rik, TRB-1, Trb1, tribbles homolog 1
- Human tribbles, a protein family controlling mitogen-activated protein kinase cascadesEndre Kiss-Toth
Cardiovascular Research Unit, University of Sheffield, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield S5 7AU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:42703-8. 2004..These results suggest that Trbs control both the extent and the specificity of MAPK kinase activation of MAPK...
- TRB2, a mouse Tribbles ortholog, suppresses adipocyte differentiation by inhibiting AKT and C/EBPbetaTakahiro Naiki
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:24075-82. 2007..Whereas all the three TRBs were expressed in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes, TRB2 and TRB3, but not TRB1, were immediately down-regulated by differentiation stimuli...
- Enhanced TLR-mediated NF-IL6 dependent gene expression by Trib1 deficiencyMasahiro Yamamoto
Department of Host Defense and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Exp Med 204:2233-9. 2007..b>Trib1 is reportedly involved in the regulation of NF-kappaB and MAP kinases, as well as gene expression in vitro...
- Trb2, a mouse homolog of tribbles, is dispensable for kidney and mouse developmentMinoru Takasato
Division of Integrative Cell Biology, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:648-52. 2008..However, Trb2 mutant mice did not display any apparent phenotypes and no proteinuria was observed, indicating normal glomerular functions. These results suggest that Trb2 plays minimal roles during kidney and mouse development...
- Differential ability of Tribbles family members to promote degradation of C/EBPalpha and induce acute myelogenous leukemiaPriya H Dedhia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 116:1321-8. 2010b>Trib1, Trib2, and Trib3 are mammalian homologs of Tribbles, an evolutionarily conserved Drosophila protein family that mediates protein degradation...
- Control of adipose tissue inflammation through TRB1Anke Ostertag
1Emmy Noether and Marie Curie Research Group, Molecular Metabolic Control, DKFZ ZMBH Alliance, German Cancer Research Center Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Diabetes 59:1991-2000. 2010..Therefore, this study aimed to test the hypothesis that the TRB gene family fulfills broader functions in the integration of metabolic and inflammatory pathways in various tissues...
- Trib1 is a lipid- and myocardial infarction-associated gene that regulates hepatic lipogenesis and VLDL production in miceRalph Burkhardt
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics and Metabolism, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 120:4410-4. 2010..This locus contains only one annotated gene, tribbles homolog 1 (TRIB1), which has not previously been implicated in lipoprotein metabolism...