Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tnnt3
Description: troponin T3, skeletal, fast
Alias: fTnT, troponin T, fast skeletal muscle, fast skeletal muscle troponin T, fast skeletal muscle troponin T3, skeletal muscle fast-twitch TnT, tnTf
- Koch A, Juan T, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, McNiece I, et al. cDNA cloning and chromosomal mapping of mouse fast skeletal muscle troponin T. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:346-8 pubmed
- Dilg D, Saleh R, Phelps S, Rose Y, Dupays L, Murphy C, et al. HIRA Is Required for Heart Development and Directly Regulates Tnni2 and Tnnt3. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161096 pubmed publisher..We identified dysregulation of a subset of cardiac genes, notably upregulation of troponins Tnni2 and Tnnt3, involved in cardiac contractility and decreased expression of Epha3, a gene necessary for the fusion of the ..
- Ju Y, Li J, Xie C, Ritchlin C, Xing L, Hilton M, et al. Troponin T3 expression in skeletal and smooth muscle is required for growth and postnatal survival: characterization of Tnnt3(tm2a(KOMP)Wtsi) mice. Genesis. 2013;51:667-75 pubmed publisher..Troponin T3 (TnnT3) is a fast skeletal muscle troponin believed to be expressed only in skeletal muscle cells...
- Hsiao C, Tsai W, Horng L, Tsai H. Molecular structure and developmental expression of three muscle-type troponin T genes in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:266-79 pubmed..During development, large to small, alternatively spliced variants were detected in Tnnt2, but not in Tnnt1 or Tnnt3. Whole-mount in situ hybridization showed zebrafish Tnnt1 and Tnnt2 are activated during early somitogenesis (10 ..
- Lin X, Miller J, Mankodi A, Kanadia R, Yuan Y, Moxley R, et al. Failure of MBNL1-dependent post-natal splicing transitions in myotonic dystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2087-97 pubmed..Sequestration of MBNL1, and failure to maintain these splicing transitions, has a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of muscle disease in DM. ..
- Wang J, Jin J. Primary structure and developmental acidic to basic transition of 13 alternatively spliced mouse fast skeletal muscle troponin T isoforms. Gene. 1997;193:105-14 pubmedLarge samples of original cDNAs encoding neonatal and adult mouse fast skeletal muscle troponin T (fTnT) have been isolated and characterized...
- Schilder R, Kimball S, Jefferson L. Cell-autonomous regulation of fast troponin T pre-mRNA alternative splicing in response to mechanical stretch. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;303:C298-307 pubmed publisher..to experimentally induced increases in the weight load borne by a rat, alternative splicing of the fast skeletal muscle troponin T (Tnnt3) pre-mRNA in gastrocnemius was adjusted in a correlated fashion with the amount of added ..
- Kato R, Shirohzu H, Yokomine T, Mizuno S, Mukai T, Sasaki H. Sequence-ready 1-Mb YAC, BAC and cosmid contigs covering the distal imprinted region of mouse chromosome 7. DNA Res. 1999;6:401-5 pubmed
- Hagiwara N, Ma B, Ly A. Slow and fast fiber isoform gene expression is systematically altered in skeletal muscle of the Sox6 mutant, p100H. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:301-11 pubmed..Together with our earlier report, demonstrating early postnatal muscle defects in the Sox6 null-p100H mutant, the present results suggest that Sox6 likely plays an important role in muscle development...
- Yang J, Bücker S, Jungblut B, Böttger T, Cinnamon Y, Tchorz J, et al. Inhibition of Notch2 by Numb/Numblike controls myocardial compaction in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;96:276-85 pubmed publisher..This study identified potential novel roles of Numb/Numblike in regulating trabeculation and compaction by inhibiting Notch2 and Bmp10 signalling. ..
- Jin C, Chen J, Meng Q, Carreira V, Tam N, Geh E, et al. Deciphering gene expression program of MAP3K1 in mouse eyelid morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;374:96-107 pubmed publisher..Using LCM and expression array, our studies have uncovered novel molecular signatures of MAP3K1 in embryonic eyelid closure. ..
- Olson L, Zhang J, Taylor H, Rose D, Rosenfeld M. Barx2 functions through distinct corepressor classes to regulate hair follicle remodeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:3708-13 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that the hair-remodeling defect of Barx2 mutant mice could be explained, in part, by failure to repress one or more critical target genes. ..
- Sancisi V, Germinario E, Esposito A, Morini E, Peron S, Moggio M, et al. Altered Tnnt3 characterizes selective weakness of fast fibers in mice overexpressing FSHD region gene 1 (FRG1). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2014;306:R124-37 pubmed publisher..process, display anomalous fast skeletal troponin T (fTnT) isoform, resulting from the aberrant splicing of the Tnnt3 mRNA that precedes the appearance of dystrophic signs...
- Lewandowski S, Janardhan H, Smee K, Bachman M, Sun Z, Lazar M, et al. Histone deacetylase 3 modulates Tbx5 activity to regulate early cardiogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:3801-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that Hdac3 plays a critical role in cardiac progenitor cells to regulate early cardiogenesis. ..
- Zhang T, Pereyra A, Wang Z, Birbrair A, Reisz J, Files D, et al. Calpain inhibition rescues troponin T3 fragmentation, increases Cav1.1, and enhances skeletal muscle force in aging sedentary mice. Aging Cell. 2016;15:488-98 pubmed publisher..We recently reported that in addition to its classical cytoplasmic location, fast skeletal muscle troponin T3 (TnT3) is fragmented in aging mice, and both full-length TnT3 (FL-TnT3) and its carboxyl-terminal (CT-..
- Petchey L, Risebro C, Vieira J, Roberts T, Bryson J, Greensmith L, et al. Loss of Prox1 in striated muscle causes slow to fast skeletal muscle fiber conversion and dilated cardiomyopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:9515-20 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies conserved roles for Prox1 between cardiac and skeletal muscle, specifically implicated in slow-twitch fiber-type specification, function, and cardiomyopathic disease. ..
- Sakakibara I, Santolini M, Ferry A, Hakim V, Maire P. Six homeoproteins and a Iinc-RNA at the fast MYH locus lock fast myofiber terminal phenotype. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004386 pubmed publisher..Functional fast-sarcomeric unit formation is achieved by the coordinate expression of fast MYHs and linc-MYH, under the control of a common Six-bound enhancer. ..
- Sancho Solis R, Ge Y, Walker J. A preferred AMPK phosphorylation site adjacent to the inhibitory loop of cardiac and skeletal troponin I. Protein Sci. 2011;20:894-907 pubmed publisher..Hence, the master energy-sensing protein AMPK emerges as a possibly important regulator of cardiac and skeletal contractility via phosphorylation of a preferred site adjacent to the inhibitory loop of the thin filament protein TnI. ..
- Misener V, Wielowieyski A, Brennan L, Beebakhee G, Jongstra J. The mouse Lsp1 and Tnnt3 genes are 4.3 kb apart on distal mouse chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:846-8 pubmed
- Gomez Velazquez M, Badia Careaga C, Lechuga Vieco A, Nieto Arellano R, Tena J, Rollán I, et al. CTCF counter-regulates cardiomyocyte development and maturation programs in the embryonic heart. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006985 pubmed publisher..Thus, CTCF mediates local regulatory interactions to coordinate transcriptional programs controlling transitions in morphology and function during heart development. ..
- Dykes I, van Bueren K, Ashmore R, Floss T, Wurst W, Szumska D, et al. HIC2 is a novel dosage-dependent regulator of cardiac development located within the distal 22q11 deletion syndrome region. Circ Res. 2014;115:23-31 pubmed publisher..Together our data suggest that HIC2 haploinsufficiency likely contributes to the cardiac defects seen in distal 22q11 deletion syndrome. ..
- Potthoff M, Arnold M, McAnally J, Richardson J, Bassel Duby R, Olson E. Regulation of skeletal muscle sarcomere integrity and postnatal muscle function by Mef2c. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8143-51 pubmed..These results reveal a key role for Mef2c in maintenance of sarcomere integrity and postnatal maturation of skeletal muscle. ..