Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tnni2
Description: troponin I, skeletal, fast 2
Alias: troponin I, fast skeletal muscle, troponin I, fast-twitch isoform
- Trivedi C, Zhu W, Wang Q, Jia C, Kee H, Li L, et al. Hopx and Hdac2 interact to modulate Gata4 acetylation and embryonic cardiac myocyte proliferation. Dev Cell. 2010;19:450-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Gata4 is a nonhistone target of Hdac2-mediated deacetylation and that Hdac2, Hopx, and Gata4 coordinately regulate cardiac myocyte proliferation during embryonic development. ..
- Potthoff M, Arnold M, McAnally J, Richardson J, Bassel Duby R, Olson E. Regulation of skeletal muscle sarcomere integrity and postnatal muscle function by Mef2c. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8143-51 pubmed..These results reveal a key role for Mef2c in maintenance of sarcomere integrity and postnatal maturation of skeletal muscle. ..
- Issa L, Palmer S, Guven K, Santucci N, Hodgson V, Popovic K, et al. MusTRD can regulate postnatal fiber-specific expression. Dev Biol. 2006;293:104-15 pubmed..These data are consistent with our initial predictions for hMusTRD1alpha1 and suggest that slow fiber genes contain a specific common regulatory element that can be targeted by MusTRD proteins. ..
- Tasheva E, Ke A, Deng Y, Jun C, Takemoto L, Koester A, et al. Differentially expressed genes in the lens of mimecan-null mice. Mol Vis. 2004;10:403-16 pubmed..Our results provide insight into the function of mimecan in the lens and enable further characterization of molecular mechanisms by which this protein exerts its biological roles. ..
- Guenet J, Simon Chazottes D, Gravel M, Hastings K, Schiaffino S. Cardiac and skeletal muscle troponin I isoforms are encoded by a dispersed gene family on mouse chromosomes 1 and 7. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:13-5 pubmed..The fast skeletal muscle troponin I locus (Tnni2), mapped to Chr 7, approximately 70 cM from the centromere...
- Gomez Velazquez M, Badia Careaga C, Lechuga Vieco A, Nieto Arellano R, Tena J, Rollán I, et al. CTCF counter-regulates cardiomyocyte development and maturation programs in the embryonic heart. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006985 pubmed publisher..Thus, CTCF mediates local regulatory interactions to coordinate transcriptional programs controlling transitions in morphology and function during heart development. ..
- MacLean D, Meedel T, Hastings K. Tissue-specific alternative splicing of ascidian troponin I isoforms. Redesign of a protein isoform-generating mechanism during chordate evolution. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:32115-20 pubmed
- Hagiwara N, Ma B, Ly A. Slow and fast fiber isoform gene expression is systematically altered in skeletal muscle of the Sox6 mutant, p100H. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:301-11 pubmed..Together with our earlier report, demonstrating early postnatal muscle defects in the Sox6 null-p100H mutant, the present results suggest that Sox6 likely plays an important role in muscle development...
- Liu Z, Li W, Ma X, Ding N, Spallotta F, Southon E, et al. Essential role of the zinc finger transcription factor Casz1 for mammalian cardiac morphogenesis and development. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:29801-16 pubmed publisher..of genes that are critical for muscular system development and function, such as muscle contraction genes TNNI2, TNNT1, and CKM; contractile fiber gene ACTA1; and cardiac arrhythmia associated ion channel coding genes ABCC9 ..
- Yang J, Bücker S, Jungblut B, Böttger T, Cinnamon Y, Tchorz J, et al. Inhibition of Notch2 by Numb/Numblike controls myocardial compaction in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;96:276-85 pubmed publisher..This study identified potential novel roles of Numb/Numblike in regulating trabeculation and compaction by inhibiting Notch2 and Bmp10 signalling. ..
- Barton P, Mullen A, Cullen M, Dhoot G, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J. Genes encoding troponin I and troponin T are organized as three paralogous pairs in the mouse genome. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:926-9 pubmed
- Jin C, Chen J, Meng Q, Carreira V, Tam N, Geh E, et al. Deciphering gene expression program of MAP3K1 in mouse eyelid morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2013;374:96-107 pubmed publisher..Using LCM and expression array, our studies have uncovered novel molecular signatures of MAP3K1 in embryonic eyelid closure. ..
- Daou N, Lecolle S, Lefebvre S, Della Gaspera B, Charbonnier F, Chanoine C, et al. A new role for the calcineurin/NFAT pathway in neonatal myosin heavy chain expression via the NFATc2/MyoD complex during mouse myogenesis. Development. 2013;140:4914-25 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings demonstrate that the calcineurin/NFAT pathway plays a new role in establishing the early muscle fiber type in immature myofibers during embryogenesis. ..
- Lewandowski S, Janardhan H, Smee K, Bachman M, Sun Z, Lazar M, et al. Histone deacetylase 3 modulates Tbx5 activity to regulate early cardiogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:3801-9 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that Hdac3 plays a critical role in cardiac progenitor cells to regulate early cardiogenesis. ..
- Chen Z, Friedrich G, Soriano P. Transcriptional enhancer factor 1 disruption by a retroviral gene trap leads to heart defects and embryonic lethality in mice. Genes Dev. 1994;8:2293-301 pubmed..Although transcription of a number of muscle-specific genes believed to be TEF-1 targets appears normal, the defect in cardiogenesis is likely attributable to diminished transcription of one or several cardiac-specific genes. ..
- Zhu L, Lyons G, Juhasz O, Joya J, Hardeman E, Wade R. Developmental regulation of troponin I isoform genes in striated muscles of transgenic mice. Dev Biol. 1995;169:487-503 pubmed..In addition, we provide the first evidence that the fast-twitch skeletal muscle isoform of troponin I, TnIf, is transiently expressed during early cardiac muscle development. ..
- Zhu X, Wang F, Zhao Y, Yang P, Chen J, Sun H, et al. A gain-of-function mutation in Tnni2 impeded bone development through increasing Hif3a expression in DA2B mice. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004589 pubmed publisher..this study, we generated knock-in mice carrying a DA2B mutation (K175del) in troponin I type 2 (skeletal, fast) (TNNI2), which encodes a fast-twitch skeletal muscle protein...
- Koppe R, Hallauer P, Karpati G, Hastings K. cDNA clone and expression analysis of rodent fast and slow skeletal muscle troponin I mRNAs. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:14327-33 pubmed
- Dupays L, Shang C, Wilson R, Kotecha S, Wood S, Towers N, et al. Sequential Binding of MEIS1 and NKX2-5 on the Popdc2 Gene: A Mechanism for Spatiotemporal Regulation of Enhancers during Cardiogenesis. Cell Rep. 2015;13:183-195 pubmed publisher..Binding of the two factors to such overlapping sites is mutually exclusive, and this provides a simple regulatory mechanism for spatial and temporal synchronization of a common pool of targets between NKX2-5 and MEIS1. ..