Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tmpo
Alias: 5630400D24Rik, AI195756, AI606875, AW214352, AW547477, LAP2, lamina-associated polypeptide 2
- Pilat U, Dechat T, Bertrand A, Woisetschläger N, Gotic I, Spilka R, et al. The muscle dystrophy-causing ?K32 lamin A/C mutant does not impair the functions of the nucleoplasmic lamin-A/C-LAP2? complex in mice. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1753-62 pubmed publisher..in physiological buffer, depends on the presence of the lamin-binding protein, lamina-associated polypeptide 2? (LAP2?) and regulates cell cycle progression in tissue progenitor cells...
- Valk P, Vankan Y, Joosten M, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Lowenberg B, et al. Retroviral insertions in Evi12, a novel common virus integration site upstream of Tra1/Grp94, frequently coincide with insertions in the gene encoding the peripheral cannabinoid receptor Cnr2. J Virol. 1999;73:3595-602 pubmed..Additional studies are required to determine whether Tra1/Grp94 or another candidate proto-oncogene in Evi12 is involved in leukemogenesis. ..
- Zullo J, Demarco I, Pique Regi R, Gaffney D, Epstein C, Spooner C, et al. DNA sequence-dependent compartmentalization and silencing of chromatin at the nuclear lamina. Cell. 2012;149:1474-87 pubmed publisher..motif directs lamina association and is bound by the transcriptional repressor cKrox, in a complex with HDAC3 and Lap2?. Knockdown of cKrox or HDAC3 results in dissociation of LASs/LADs from the nuclear lamina...
- Gotic I, Leschnik M, Kolm U, Markovic M, Haubner B, Biadasiewicz K, et al. Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha loss impairs heart function and stress response in mice. Circ Res. 2010;106:346-53 pubmed publisher..Dystrophin deficiency in an Mdx background resulted in a transient rescue of the Lap2alpha(-/-) phenotype. Our data suggest a novel role of LAP2alpha in the maintenance of cardiac function under normal and stress conditions. ..
- Nili E, Cojocaru G, Kalma Y, Ginsberg D, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Nuclear membrane protein LAP2beta mediates transcriptional repression alone and together with its binding partner GCL (germ-cell-less). J Cell Sci. 2001;114:3297-307 pubmed..Co-expression of both LAP2beta and mGCL with the E2F-DP complex resulted in a reduced transcriptional activity equal to that exerted by the pRb protein. ..
- Cohen T, Gnocchi V, Cohen J, Phadke A, Liu H, Ellis J, et al. Defective skeletal muscle growth in lamin A/C-deficient mice is rescued by loss of Lap2?. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2852-69 pubmed publisher..Lamins A and C associate with lamina-associated polypeptide 2 alpha (Lap2?) and the retinoblastoma gene product, pRb, to regulate cell cycle exit...
- Lei L, Zhang Y, Yao W, Kaplan M, Zhou B. Thymic stromal lymphopoietin interferes with airway tolerance by suppressing the generation of antigen-specific regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:2254-61 pubmed publisher..These results define a novel role for TSLP in regulating the balance of airway tolerance and allergic inflammation. ..
- Jung H, Nobumori C, Goulbourne C, Tu Y, Lee J, Tatar A, et al. Farnesylation of lamin B1 is important for retention of nuclear chromatin during neuronal migration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E1923-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, farnesylation of lamin B1--but not lamin B2--is crucial for brain development and for retaining chromatin within the bounds of the nuclear lamina during neuronal migration...
- Gotic I, Schmidt W, Biadasiewicz K, Leschnik M, Spilka R, Braun J, et al. Loss of LAP2 alpha delays satellite cell differentiation and affects postnatal fiber-type determination. Stem Cells. 2010;28:480-8 pubmed publisherLamina-associated polypeptide 2 alpha (LAP2 alpha) is a nucleoplasmic protein implicated in cell cycle regulation through its interaction with A-type lamins and the retinoblastoma protein...
- Mulky A, Cohen T, Kozlov S, Korbei B, Foisner R, Stewart C, et al. The LEM domain proteins emerin and LAP2alpha are dispensable for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and murine leukemia virus infections. J Virol. 2008;82:5860-8 pubmed publisher..Notably, both viruses efficiently infected human cells expressing high levels of dominant-negative emerin. We thus conclude that emerin and LAP2alpha are not required for the early replication of HIV-1 and MLV in mouse or human cells...
- Bradley C, Jones S, Huang Y, Suzuki Y, Kvaratskhelia M, Hickman A, et al. Structural basis for dimerization of LAP2alpha, a component of the nuclear lamina. Structure. 2007;15:643-53 pubmed..The surface involved in binding lamin A/C is proposed based on results from alanine-scanning mutagenesis and a solid-phase overlay binding assay. ..
- Somech R, Shaklai S, Geller O, Amariglio N, Simon A, Rechavi G, et al. The nuclear-envelope protein and transcriptional repressor LAP2beta interacts with HDAC3 at the nuclear periphery, and induces histone H4 deacetylation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:4017-25 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for the existence of a previously unknown repressive complex, composed of an integral nuclear membrane protein and a histone modifier, at the nuclear periphery. ..
- Gotic I, Foisner R. Multiple novel functions of lamina associated polypeptide 2? in striated muscle. Nucleus. 2010;1:397-401 pubmed publisherLamina-associated polypeptide 2? (LAP2?) is a nucleoplasmic protein that interacts with A-type lamins and the retinoblastoma protein (pRb) and affects pRb-mediated cell cycle regulation and chromatin organization...
- Naetar N, Hutter S, Dorner D, Dechat T, Korbei B, Gotzmann J, et al. LAP2alpha-binding protein LINT-25 is a novel chromatin-associated protein involved in cell cycle exit. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:737-47 pubmed..Our data show a role of LINT-25 and LAP2alpha during cell cycle exit, in which LINT-25 acts upstream of LAP2alpha. ..