Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlx2
Description: T cell leukemia, homeobox 2
Alias: Enx, Hox11L.1, Hox11l1, NCX, Ncx1, Tlx1l1, Tlx1l2, T-cell leukemia homeobox protein 2, PMUR10F, enteric neuron homeobox protein, homeo box 11-like 1, homeobox TLX-2, homeobox protein Hox-11L1
- Ciciotte S, Tsai F, Peters L. Gata2 maps to mouse chromosome 6. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:69-70 pubmed
- Wen X, Tang S, Breitman M. Genetic mapping of two mouse homeobox genes Tlx-1 and Tlx-2 to murine chromosomes 19 and 6. Genomics. 1994;24:388-90 pubmed..The proposed gene orders and genetic distances for Tlx-1 and Tlx-2 are centromere 19-Lpc-1-(25.53 cM)-Pltr-4-(5.32 cM)-Tlx-1- (3.19 cM)-Ins-1-(7.45 cM)-Xmv-18, and centromere 6-Tcrb-(12.90 cM)-Mltr-3-(10.75 cM)-Tlx-2-(18.42 cM)-Xmv-6. ..
- Bersohn M, Carmack C, Philipson K. Ischemic tolerance of homozygous transgenic mouse hearts overexpressing the sodium-calcium exchanger. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;976:483-6 pubmed
- Xiao C, Shim J, Klüppel M, Zhang S, Dong C, Flavell R, et al. Ecsit is required for Bmp signaling and mesoderm formation during mouse embryogenesis. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2933-49 pubmed..Therefore, these results show that Ecsit functions as an essential component in two important signal transduction pathways and establishes a novel role for Ecsit as a cofactor for Smad proteins in the Bmp signaling pathway. ..
- Tang S, Suen T, McInnes R, Buchwald M. Association of the TLX-2 homeodomain and 14-3-3eta signaling proteins. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25356-63 pubmed..These findings define 14-3-3eta as a functional modulator of the TLX-2 homeodomain transcription factor and suggest that the in vivo function of TLX-2 in neural differentiation is likely regulated by signaling mediated by 14-3-3eta. ..
- Hatano M, Aoki T, Dezawa M, Yusa S, Iitsuka Y, Koseki H, et al. A novel pathogenesis of megacolon in Ncx/Hox11L.1 deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:795-801 pubmedThe Ncx/Hox11L.1 gene, a member of the Hox11 homeobox gene family, is mainly expressed in neural crest-derived tissues. To elucidate the role of Ncx/Hox11L...
- Heyer B, Warsowe J, Solter D, Knowles B, Ackerman S. New member of the Snf1/AMPK kinase family, Melk, is expressed in the mouse egg and preimplantation embryo. Mol Reprod Dev. 1997;47:148-56 pubmed..This gene product may play a role in the signal transduction events in the egg and early embryo. ..
- Howe D, Clarke C, Yan H, Willis B, Schneider D, McKnight G, et al. Inhibition of protein kinase A in murine enteric neurons causes lethal intestinal pseudo-obstruction. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:256-72 pubmed..subunit (RIalphaB) of PKA was activated in enteric neurons by either a Proteolipid protein-Cre transgene or a Hox11L1-Cre "knock-in" allele...
- Parisi M, Baldessari A, Iida M, Clarke C, Doggett B, Shirasawa S, et al. Genetic background modifies intestinal pseudo-obstruction and the expression of a reporter gene in Hox11L1-/- mice. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:1428-40 pubmedThe transcription factor Hox11L1 is expressed by enteric neurons. Two groups mutated murine Hox11L1, and reported lethal intestinal pseudo-obstruction and colonic hyperganglionosis in many, but not all, homozygous null mutants...
- Iitsuka Y, Shimizu H, Kang M, Sasagawa K, Sekiya S, Tokuhisa T, et al. An enhancer element for expression of the Ncx (Enx, Hox11L1) gene in neural crest-derived cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:24401-7 pubmedThe murine Ncx (Enx, Hox11L1) gene is specifically expressed in a neuronal subset of neural crest-derived tissues...
- Ji W, Chen F, Do T, Do A, Roe B, Meisler M. DQX1, an RNA-dependent ATPase homolog with a novel DEAQ box: expression pattern and genomic sequence comparison of the human and mouse genes. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:456-61 pubmed..The 3.2-kb Dqx1 transcript has highest expression in muscle and liver. DQX1 is located between AUP1 and HOX11L1 in a gene-dense region of human Chromosome (Chr) 2p13 and mouse Chr 6...
- Dear T, Sanchez Garcia I, Rabbitts T. The HOX11 gene encodes a DNA-binding nuclear transcription factor belonging to a distinct family of homeobox genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:4431-5 pubmed..These all contain a threonine residue in place of the more common isoleucine or valine in helix 3 of the homeodomain. HOX11 therefore appears to belong to a family of DNA-binding transactivators of transcription. ..
- Puliti A, Cinti R, Betsos N, Romeo G, Ceccherini I. HOX11L1, a gene involved in peripheral nervous system development, maps to human chromosome 2p13.1-->p12 and mouse chromosome 6C3-D1. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;84:115-7 pubmedb>HOX11L1 is a homeobox gene involved in peripheral nervous system development as confirmed by knockout mice exhibiting megacolon with enteric ganglia, a phenotype associated in human with Intestinal Neuronal Dysplasia (IND)...
- Kintner D, Luo J, Gerdts J, Ballard A, Shull G, Sun D. Role of Na+-K+-Cl- cotransport and Na+/Ca2+ exchange in mitochondrial dysfunction in astrocytes following in vitro ischemia. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1113-22 pubmedNa(+)-K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter isoform 1 (NKCC1) and reverse mode operation of the Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger (NCX) contribute to intracellular Na(+) and Ca(2+) overload in astrocytes following oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD) and ..
- Bernard O, Busson LeConiat M, Ballerini P, Mauchauffe M, Della Valle V, Monni R, et al. A new recurrent and specific cryptic translocation, t(5;14)(q35;q32), is associated with expression of the Hox11L2 gene in T acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2001;15:1495-504 pubmed..These data establish the t(5;14)(q35;q32) as a major abnormality, and Hox11 family member activation as an important pathway in T ALL leukemogenesis. ..
- Nunes M, Blanc I, Maes J, Fellous M, Robert B, McElreavey K. NSPc1, a novel mammalian Polycomb gene, is expressed in neural crest-derived structures of the peripheral nervous system. Mech Dev. 2001;102:219-22 pubmed..At 11.5 dpc, transcripts are present in a subset of neural crest cell derivatives of the peripheral nervous system, and in the neural tube. NSPc1 expression is ubiquitous in adult tissue. ..
- Tang S, Hoodless P, Lu Z, Breitman M, McInnes R, Wrana J, et al. The Tlx-2 homeobox gene is a downstream target of BMP signalling and is required for mouse mesoderm development. Development. 1998;125:1877-87 pubmed..Similar to BMP4 and ALK3 mutants, the mutant embryos display severe defects in primitive streak and mesoderm formation. These experiments thus define a BMP/Tlx-2 signalling pathway that is required during early mammalian gastrulation. ..
- Neco P, Rose B, Huynh N, Zhang R, Bridge J, Philipson K, et al. Sodium-calcium exchange is essential for effective triggering of calcium release in mouse heart. Biophys J. 2010;99:755-64 pubmed publisher..Although Na+-Ca2+ exchange (NCX) is essential for Ca2+ extrusion, its participation in the trigger process of excitation-contraction coupling is ..