Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tlr12
Description: toll-like receptor 12
Alias: Gm1365, Tlr11, toll-like receptor 12, toll-like receptor 11
- Mishra B, Gundra U, Teale J. Expression and distribution of Toll-like receptors 11-13 in the brain during murine neurocysticercosis. J Neuroinflammation. 2008;5:53 pubmed publisher..was expressed the most in terms of number of positive cells and brain areas expressing it, followed by TLR11 and TLR12 respectively. Among the nervous tissue cells, TLRs 11-13 protein levels appeared highest in neurons...
- Yarovinsky F, Hieny S, Sher A. Recognition of Toxoplasma gondii by TLR11 prevents parasite-induced immunopathology. J Immunol. 2008;181:8478-84 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrate that in the absence of TLR11, a major TLR involved in recognition of Toxoplasma gondii, infection with this protozoan parasite induces an ..
- Hageman R, Leduc M, Caputo C, Tsaih S, Churchill G, Korstanje R. Uncovering genes and regulatory pathways related to urinary albumin excretion. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:73-81 pubmed publisher..By combining data from several sources and by utilizing gene expression data, we identified Tlr12 as a likely candidate for the Chr 4 QTL...
- Kim S, Choi Y, Choi Y, Park T. Obesity activates toll-like receptor-mediated proinflammatory signaling cascades in the adipose tissue of mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:113-22 pubmed publisher..The obesity that was induced by a high-fat diet or leptin deficiency up-regulated the expression of TLR1-9 and TLR11-13 in murine adipose tissues, a phenomenon linked with downstream nuclear factor ?B, interferon regulatory factors,..
- Hickey D, Fahey J, Wira C. Mouse estrous cycle regulation of vaginal versus uterine cytokines, chemokines, Î±-/Î²-defensins and TLRs. Innate Immun. 2013;19:121-31 pubmed publisher..These studies further indicate that TLR5 and TLR12 in the uterus, and TLR1, TLR2, TLR5 and TLR13 in the vagina varies with stage of the estrous cycle, with some ..
- Hasegawa M, Osaka T, Tawaratsumida K, Yamazaki T, Tada H, Chen G, et al. Transitions in oral and intestinal microflora composition and innate immune receptor-dependent stimulation during mouse development. Infect Immun. 2010;78:639-50 pubmed publisher..stimulatory activity of the intestinal microflora was still intact in NOD1-, NOD2-, TLR2-, TLR4-, TLR5-, TLR9-, TLR11-, ASC-, or RICK-deficient cells but still relied on the adaptor MyD88...
- Mathur R, Oh H, Zhang D, Park S, Seo J, Koblansky A, et al. A mouse model of Salmonella typhi infection. Cell. 2012;151:590-602 pubmed publisher..We now report that flagellin from Salmonella spp. is recognized in mouse intestine by Toll-like receptor 11 (TLR11). Absence of TLR11 renders mice more susceptible to infection by S...
- Shi Z, Cai Z, Yu J, Zhang T, Zhao S, Smeds E, et al. Toll-like receptor 11 (TLR11) prevents Salmonella penetration into the murine Peyer patches. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43417-23 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that, in contrast to TLR5 as a "carrier of Salmonella," TLR11 works as a "blocker of Salmonella" to prevent highly invasive Salmonella from penetrating into the murine Peyer ..
- Koblansky A, Jankovic D, Oh H, Hieny S, Sungnak W, Mathur R, et al. Recognition of profilin by Toll-like receptor 12 is critical for host resistance to Toxoplasma gondii. Immunity. 2013;38:119-30 pubmed publisher..However, TLR11 only modestly affects survival of T. gondii-challenged mice. We report that TLR12, a previously uncharacterized TLR, also recognized TgPRF...
- Lee L, Ji M, Sinha M, Dong M, Ren X, Wang Y, et al. Determinants of Divergent Adaptive Immune Responses after Airway Sensitization with Ligands of Toll-Like Receptor 5 or Toll-Like Receptor 9. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0167693 pubmed publisher..Thus, the cell types that responded to TLR ligands were a critical determinant of the innate cytokines produced and the character of the resulting adaptive immune response in the airways. ..
- Chen C, Kono H, Golenbock D, Reed G, Akira S, Rock K. Identification of a key pathway required for the sterile inflammatory response triggered by dying cells. Nat Med. 2007;13:851-6 pubmed..in Toll-like receptor 2 (Tlr2) and Tlr4 and normal responses in mice lacking Tlr1, Tlr3, Tlr6, Tlr7, Tlr9, Tlr11 or the interleukin-18 receptor (IL-18R)...
- Chen C, Shi Y, Hearn A, Fitzgerald K, Golenbock D, Reed G, et al. MyD88-dependent IL-1 receptor signaling is essential for gouty inflammation stimulated by monosodium urate crystals. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2262-71 pubmed..These results indicate that IL-1 is essential for the MSU-induced inflammatory response and that the requirement of MyD88 in this process is primarily through its function as an adaptor molecule in the IL-1R signaling pathway. ..
- Choo M, Sano Y, Kim C, Yasuda K, Li X, Lin X, et al. TLR sensing of bacterial spore-associated RNA triggers host immune responses with detrimental effects. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1297-1311 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a role for bacterial spore-associated RNA in microbial pathogenesis and illustrates a little known aspect of interactions between the host and spore-forming bacteria. ..
- Yarovinsky F, Kanzler H, Hieny S, Coffman R, Sher A. Toll-like receptor recognition regulates immunodominance in an antimicrobial CD4+ T cell response. Immunity. 2006;25:655-64 pubmed..Here we establish that Toxoplasma gondii profilin, a TLR11 ligand present in the parasite, is an immunodominant antigen in the CD4(+) T cell response to the pathogen...
- Kumar H, Kawai T, Akira S. Pathogen recognition in the innate immune response. Biochem J. 2009;420:1-16 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we will discuss the recent progress in the study of pathogen recognition by TLRs, RLRs and NLRs and their signalling pathways. ..
- Tabeta K, Georgel P, Janssen E, Du X, Hoebe K, Crozat K, et al. Toll-like receptors 9 and 3 as essential components of innate immune defense against mouse cytomegalovirus infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3516-21 pubmed..The phenotypic effect of the Tlr9(CpG1) allele thus points to a critical role for TLR9 in viral sensing and identifies a vulnerable amino acid within the ectodomain of three TLR proteins, essential for a ligand response. ..