Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tll1
Alias: Tll, Tll-1, b2b2476Clo, tolloid-like protein 1
- Grewal P, Bolland D, Todd L, Hewitt J. High-resolution mapping of mouse chromosome 8 identifies an evolutionary chromosomal breakpoint. Mamm Genome. 1998;9:603-7 pubmed..As well as providing clues about chromosomal evolution, this map of the FSHD syntenic mouse region should prove invaluable in the isolation of candidate genes for this disease. ..
- Sabirzhanova I, Sabirzhanov B, Bjordahl J, Brandt J, Jay P, Clark T. Activation of Tolloid-like 1 gene expression by the cardiac specific homeobox gene Nkx2-5. Dev Growth Differ. 2009;51:403-10 pubmed publisherMammalian Tolloid-like 1 (Tll-1) is a pleiotropic metalloprotease that is expressed by a small subset of cells within the precardiac mesoderm and is necessary for proper heart development...
- Soltysik Espanola M, Rogers R, Jiang S, Kim T, Gaedigk R, White R, et al. Characterization of Mayven, a novel actin-binding protein predominantly expressed in brain. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2361-75 pubmed..These results suggest that Mayven functions as an actin-binding protein that may be translocated along axonal processes and might be involved in the dynamic organization of the actin cytoskeleton in brain cells. ..
- Zhang H, Jani P, Liang T, Lu Y, Qin C. Inactivation of bone morphogenetic protein 1 (Bmp1) and tolloid-like 1 (Tll1) in cells expressing type I collagen leads to dental and periodontal defects in mice. J Mol Histol. 2017;48:83-98 pubmed publisherBone morphogenetic protein 1 (BMP1) and tolloid-like 1 (TLL1) belong to the BMP1/tolloid-like proteinase family, which cleaves secretory proteins...
- Dron M, Tartare X, Guillo F, Haik S, Barbin G, Maury C, et al. Mouse scrapie responsive gene 1 (Scrg1): genomic organization, physical linkage to sap30, genetic mapping on chromosome 8, and expression in neuronal primary cell cultures. Genomics. 2000;70:140-9 pubmed..Comparison of the rat, mouse, and human SCRG1 proteins identified a box of 35 identical contiguous amino acids and a characteristic cysteine distribution pattern defining a new protein signature. ..
- Kapfhamer D, Valladares O, Sun Y, Nolan P, Rux J, Arnold S, et al. Mutations in Rab3a alter circadian period and homeostatic response to sleep loss in the mouse. Nat Genet. 2002;32:290-5 pubmed..Phenotypic assessment of earlybird mice and a null allele of Rab3a revealed anomalies in circadian period and sleep homeostasis, providing evidence that Rab3a-mediated synaptic transmission is involved in these behaviors. ..
- Clark T, Conway S, Scott I, Labosky P, Winnier G, Bundy J, et al. The mammalian Tolloid-like 1 gene, Tll1, is necessary for normal septation and positioning of the heart. Development. 1999;126:2631-42 pubmed..we have used gene targeting in ES cells to produce mice with a disrupted allele for the corresponding gene, Tll1. Homozygous mutants were embryonic lethal, with death at mid-gestation from cardiac failure and a unique ..
- Lutz C, Frankel W, Richards J, Thompson D. Neuropeptide Y receptor genes on human chromosome 4q31-q32 map to conserved linkage groups on mouse chromosomes 3 and 8. Genomics. 1997;41:498-500 pubmed
- Troilo H, Bayley C, Barrett A, Lockhart Cairns M, Jowitt T, Baldock C. Mammalian tolloid proteinases: role in growth factor signalling. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:2398-407 pubmed publisher..All members of the tolloid family bind the N terminus of latent TGF?-binding protein-1, providing support for their role in TGF? signalling. ..
- Muir A, Massoudi D, Nguyen N, Keene D, Lee S, Birk D, et al. BMP1-like proteinases are essential to the structure and wound healing of skin. Matrix Biol. 2016;56:114-131 pubmed publisher..Early lethality of mice null for the BMP1 gene Bmp1 or the mTLL1 gene Tll1 has impaired in vivo studies of these proteinases...
- Scott I, Imamura Y, Pappano W, Troedel J, Recklies A, Roughley P, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein-1 processes probiglycan. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30504-11 pubmed..produce predominantly unprocessed probiglycan, and MEFs homozygous null for both the Bmp1 gene and the mTLL-1 gene Tll1 produce only unprocessed probiglycan...
- Scott I, Clark T, Takahara K, Hoffman G, Eddy R, Haley L, et al. Assignment of TLL1 and TLL2, which encode human BMP-1/Tolloid-related metalloproteases, to chromosomes 4q32-->q33 and 10q23-->q24 and assignment of murine Tll2 to chromosome 19. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;86:64-5 pubmed
- Steiglitz B, Keene D, Greenspan D. PCOLCE2 encodes a functional procollagen C-proteinase enhancer (PCPE2) that is a collagen-binding protein differing in distribution of expression and post-translational modification from the previously described PCPE1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49820-30 pubmed..The latter observations may provide insights into the ways PCPEs affect the kinetics of the C-proteinase reaction and into the physical interactions that occur between procollagen C-proteinases and their substrates. ..
- Yu P, Mosbrook D, Tagle D. Genomic organization and expression analysis of mouse kynurenine aminotransferase II, a possible factor in the pathophysiology of Huntington's disease. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:845-52 pubmed
- Muir A, Ren Y, Butz D, Davis N, Blank R, Birk D, et al. Induced ablation of Bmp1 and Tll1 produces osteogenesis imperfecta in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:3085-101 pubmed publisher..However, early lethality of Bmp1- and Tll1-null mice has precluded use of such models for careful study of in vivo roles of their protein products...
- Allen D, Greybeck B, Greyback B, Hanson A, Cleary A, Lindsay S. Skeletal muscle expression of bone morphogenetic protein-1 and tolloid-like-1 extracellular proteases in different fiber types and in response to unloading, food deprivation and differentiation. J Physiol Sci. 2010;60:343-52 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this work was to examine the expression of BMP-1/mTLD, tolloid-like-1 and -2 (TLL1 and TLL2) in hindlimb muscles of the mouse in vivo and in C(2)C(12) muscle cells in vitro...
- Zhang K, Xiang M, Zhou L, Liu J, Curry N, Heine SuÃ±er D, et al. Gene network and familial analyses uncover a gene network involving Tbx5/Osr1/Pcsk6 interaction in the second heart field for atrial septation. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1140-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study implicated a gene network involving Tbx5, Osr1 and Pcsk6 interaction in SHF for atrial septation, providing a molecular framework for understanding the role of Tbx5 in CHD ontogeny. ..
- Takahara K, Lyons G, Greenspan D. Bone morphogenetic protein-1 and a mammalian tolloid homologue (mTld) are encoded by alternatively spliced transcripts which are differentially expressed in some tissues. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:32572-8 pubmed..In situ hybridizations found punctate signals for all three forms localized to trophoblast giant cells in 17.5-day mouse placenta, with highest levels of expression, especially for BMP-1, near the maternal interface. ..
- Scott I, Steiglitz B, Clark T, Pappano W, Greenspan D. Spatiotemporal expression patterns of mammalian chordin during postgastrulation embryogenesis and in postnatal brain. Dev Dyn. 2000;217:449-56 pubmed
- Contos J, Chun J. Genomic characterization of the lysophosphatidic acid receptor gene, lp(A2)/Edg4, and identification of a frameshift mutation in a previously characterized cDNA. Genomics. 2000;64:155-69 pubmed