Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Timp2
Description: tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2
Alias: D11Bwg1104e, Timp-2, metalloproteinase inhibitor 2, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 promotes neuronal differentiation by acting as an anti-mitogenic signalLeonor Perez-Martinez
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Neurosci 25:4917-29. 2005....
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases protect blood-brain barrier disruption in focal cerebral ischemiaMotoaki Fujimoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1674-85. 2008..These results suggest that TIMP-1 inhibits MMP-9 activity and can play a neuroprotective role in cerebral ischemia...
- TIMP2 deficient mice develop accelerated osteoarthritis via promotion of angiogenesis upon destabilization of the medial meniscusMeng Mi
Department of Orthopedics, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan Province 410011, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:366-72. 2012..In this study, we demonstrated that the expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP2), an anti-angiogenic factor, was present at high levels in normal articular chondrocytes, and was drastically ..
- Differential regulation of MMP-9 and TIMP-2 expression in malignant melanoma developed in metallothionein/RET transgenic miceM Asai
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University School of Medicine
Jpn J Cancer Res 90:86-92. 1999....
- Expression of the type IV collagenase system during mouse kidney development and tubule segmentationB Legallicier
INSERM U489, Tenon Hospital and St Antoine Medical Faculty, Paris 6 University, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2358-69. 2001..MMP2) and MMP9 and their related proteins, MT1-MMP, tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 1 (TIMP1), TIMP2, and TIMP3, are expressed during kidney morphogenesis and nephrogenesis, but the renal ontogeny of these proteins ..
- Urinary matrix metalloproteinases and their endogenous inhibitors predict hepatic regeneration after murine partial hepatectomyArin K Greene
Department of Surgery and the Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Transplantation 78:1139-44. 2004..We therefore hypothesized that urinary MMPs and their endogenous tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMPs) might also provide important information regarding initiation and progression of liver regeneration...
- Prepulse inhibition and fear-potentiated startle are altered in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) knockout miceDiane M Jaworski
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 149 Beaumont Avenue, HSRF 418, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Brain Res 1051:81-9. 2005..This is the first report of a phenotype for the TIMP-2(-/-) mice and suggests that TIMP-2 may play a role in the synaptic plasticity underlying learning and memory...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) regulates myogenesis and beta1 integrin expression in vitroGentian Lluri
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 149 Beaumont Ave, HSRF 418, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:11-24. 2008..Elucidating the role of TIMP-2 in myogenesis in vitro may lead to new therapeutic options for the use of TIMP-2 in myopathies and muscular dystrophies in vivo...
- Ascorbate-induced osteoblast differentiation recruits distinct MMP-inhibitors: RECK and TIMP-2Willian F Zambuzzi
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Cidade Universitaria, 13083 970, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Cell Biochem 322:143-50. 2009....
- Ontogeny of MMPs and TIMPs in the murine neocortexNathalie Bednarek
INSERM, U676, Paris 75019, France
Pediatr Res 65:296-300. 2009..No gender effect was observed on any of the study parameters. This comprehensive study will serve as a basis for future investigations into the role for MMPs and TIMPs in normal brain development and prenatal brain injury...
- A dual role for microglia in promoting tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP) expression in glial cells in response to neuroinflammatory stimuliJennifer V Welser-Alves
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Neuroinflammation 8:61. 2011..As such, it is important to define the TIMP expression profile in these cells, as well as the mechanisms of regulation by neuroinflammatory stimuli...
- Differential effects of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase (TIMP)-1 and TIMP-2 on atherosclerosis and monocyte/macrophage invasionKarina Di Gregoli
School of Clinical Sciences, University of Bristol, Level 7, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol BS2 8HW, UK
Cardiovasc Res 109:318-30. 2016..We therefore investigated the impact of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 knockout on atherosclerotic plaque burden and composition in apolipoprotein E-knockout (Apoe(-/-)) mice and studied the underlying effects on monocyte/macrophage behaviour...
- TIMP3 is the primary TIMP to regulate agonist-induced vascular remodelling and hypertensionRatnadeep Basu
Department of Physiology, University of Alberta, 474 HMRC, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
Cardiovasc Res 98:360-71. 2013..In response to a hypertensive stimulus, the balance between MMPs and TIMPs is altered. We examined the role of TIMPs in agonist-induced hypertension...
- TIMP2 and TIMP3 have divergent roles in early renal tubulointerstitial injuryZuocheng Wang
1 Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada 2 Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Kidney Int 85:82-93. 2014..Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs) are endogenous inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs). While TIMP2 and TIMP3 inhibit MMPs, TIMP3 also inhibits activation of pro-MMP2, whereas TIMP2 promotes it...
- Retinal MMP-12, MMP-13, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 expression in murine experimental retinal detachmentBongsu Kim
Havener Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:2031-40. 2014..The purpose of this study was to investigate the retinal expression of select MMPs, including MMP-12, MMP-13, and associated inhibitors in a murine model of retinal detachment...
- Differential role of TIMP2 and TIMP3 in cardiac hypertrophy, fibrosis, and diastolic dysfunctionDong Fan
Department of Physiology Cardiovascular research Centre, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute
Cardiovasc Res 103:268-80. 2014..We investigated the impact of TIMP2 vs. TIMP3 deficiency in angiotensin II (Ang II)-induced myocardial remodelling and cardiac dysfunction.
- Overexpression of miR-483-5p/3p cooperate to inhibit mouse liver fibrosis by suppressing the TGF-β stimulated HSCs in transgenic miceFuyuan Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Cell Mol Med 18:966-74. 2014..Our work identifies the pathway that regulates liver fibrosis by inhibiting the activation of HSCs. ..
- Effects of reduced β2-glycoprotein I on the expression of aortic matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitor matrix metalloproteinases in diabetic miceJun Xu
2011 Collaborative Innovation Center of Tianjin for Medical Epigenetics, The Key Laboratory of Hormones and Development Ministry of Health, Metabolic Diseases Hospital and Tianjin Institute of Endocrinology, Tianjin Medical University, NO, 66 Tong An Road, Heping District, Tianjin, 300070, China
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 14:114. 2014..We investigated the effects of reduced β(2)GP I on the expression of various matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases (TIMPs) in the aortas of diabetic mice...
- Timp3 deficient mice show resistance to developing breast cancerHartland W Jackson
Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 10:e0120107. 2015..Together our data is the first to identify a tumor promoting role of endogenous Timp3 in vivo, the spatial and temporal windows of this effect, and its dependence on Tnfr1. ..
- Low-dose UVB irradiation prevents MMP2-induced skin hyperplasia by inhibiting inflammation and ROSLin Dang
Department of Dermatology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150086, P R China
Oncol Rep 34:1478-86. 2015..Further investigation of MMP2 inhibitors of TIMP2/TIMP4 showed an upregulated TIMP2 expression, but not TIMP4...
- Targeting Interleukin-1β Reduces Leukocyte Production After Acute Myocardial InfarctionHendrik B Sager
From Center for Systems Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Simches Research Building, Boston, MA H B S, T H, M H, P D, G C, M S, G R W, B T, Y I, Y S, R W, F K S, M N Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA R W and Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA P L
Circulation 132:1880-90. 2015..MI-associated blood leukocytosis correlates inversely with patient survival, yet the signals driving heightened leukocyte production after MI remain incompletely understood...
- Linkage analysis demonstrates that the Timp-2 locus is on mouse chromosome 11W G Stetler-Stevenson
Tumor Invasion and Metastasis Section, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Genomics 14:828-9. 1992
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 is expressed in the interstitial matrix in adult mouse organs and during embryonic developmentL Blavier
Division of Hematology Oncology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Mol Biol Cell 8:1513-27. 1997..The pattern of expression significantly differs from that observed with TIMP-1 and TIMP-3, therefore, suggesting specific roles for each inhibitor during tissue remodeling and development...
- [Experimental study on extracts from ginseng, notoginseng and chuanxiong for delaying vascular aging in senescent mice]Yan Lei
Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 30:946-51. 2010..To explore the vascular structural and functional change in aged mice, and the intervention roles of extracts from ginseng, notoginseng and chuanxiong (Exs) on it...
- Lack of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2 leads to exacerbated left ventricular dysfunction and adverse extracellular matrix remodeling in response to biomechanical stressVijay Kandalam
Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Circulation 124:2094-105. 2011..b>Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2 is unique among TIMPs in activating pro-MMP2 in addition to inhibiting a number of MMPs...
- Tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 2 and matrix metalloproteinase activity in the serum and lungs of mice with lewis lung carcinomaYa A Kisarova
Institute of Physiology, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Novosibirsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 153:874-7. 2012..Increased concentration of TIMP-2 in the lungs (but not in the serum) can be regarded as an indicator of Lewis lung carcinoma metastasizing...
- The matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor marimastat promotes neural progenitor cell differentiation into neurons by gelatinase-independent TIMP-2-dependent mechanismsMaddalena Sinno
Department of Biology and Biotechnology Charles Darwin, Sapienza, University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Stem Cells Dev 22:345-58. 2013....
- Thymic alterations induced by Plasmodium berghei: expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitorsAlliny Carolina Dionete Lima
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cell Immunol 279:53-9. 2012..Also, the presence of active MMP-2 was detected. These data are suggestive of MMPs and TIMPs importance in the earlier observed changes in the extracellular matrix during thymic alterations after plasmodium infection...
- TIMP2 deficiency accelerates adverse post-myocardial infarction remodeling because of enhanced MT1-MMP activity despite lack of MMP2 activationVijay Kandalam
Department of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Circ Res 106:796-808. 2010..b>TIMP2 is highly expressed in the heart and is the only TIMP that, in addition to inhibiting MMPs, is required for cell ..
- Sexually dimorphic diet-induced insulin resistance in obese tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2)-deficient miceDiane M Jaworski
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, 149 Beaumont Avenue, HSRF 418, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Endocrinology 152:1300-13. 2011....
- Secreted versus membrane-anchored collagenases: relative roles in fibroblast-dependent collagenolysis and invasionFarideh Sabeh
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 284:23001-11. 2009..Hence, whereas secreted collagenases arm fibroblasts with potent matrix-resorptive activity, only MT1-MMP confers the focal collagenolytic activity necessary for supporting the tissue-invasive phenotype...
- Endothelial cell lumen and vascular guidance tunnel formation requires MT1-MMP-dependent proteolysis in 3-dimensional collagen matricesAmber N Stratman
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, Dalton Cardiovascular Center, University of Missouri Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Blood 114:237-47. 2009..In summary, a fundamental and previously unrecognized purpose of EC tube morphogenesis is to create networks of matrix conduits that are necessary for EC migration and tube remodeling events critical to blood vessel assembly...
- uPARAP expression during murine lung developmentLeah Smith
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Box 359640, 325 9th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 8:486-93. 2008..Finally, we compared lung development between wild-type and uPARAP(-/-) mice, and found no significant histologic differences, indicating the presence of alternative collagen degradation pathways during murine lung development...
- Increased glomerular matrix metalloproteinase activity in murine lupus nephritisAnders A Tveita
1Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Kidney Int 74:1150-8. 2008..When proteinuria appeared we found an increased net glomerular gelatinolytic activity. These studies suggest that matrix metalloproteinases contribute to extracellular matrix expansion and proteinuria by altering matrix composition...
- Temporal and spatial expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases during the natural ovulatory cycle of the mouseD S Inderdeo
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Biol Reprod 55:498-508. 1996..We propose that in the natural ovulatory process, TIMP-1 is probably a factor that regulates corpus luteum regression while TIMP-3 is important in maintaining the structural integrity of the corpus luteum...
- Overexpression of delta-like 4 induces arterialization and attenuates vessel formation in developing mouse embryosAlexandre Trindade
Centro de Informatica do Instituto Superior de Agronomia CIISA, Lisbon Technical University, Lisbon, Portugal
Blood 112:1720-9. 2008..These results establish the role of Dll4 in arterial identity determination, and regulation of angiogenesis subject to dose and location...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and TIMPS in cultured C57BL/6J-cpk kidney tubulesC A Rankin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Kidney Int 50:835-44. 1996..These data suggest that cystic kidney tubules synthesize and secrete high levels of MMPs which may then participate in the restructuring of the tubular basement membrane...
- Association of TIMP-2 with extracellular matrix exposed to mechanical stress and its co-distribution with periostin during mouse mandible developmentNagako Yoshiba
Division of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Department of Oral Health Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 330:133-45. 2007..We suggest that TIMP-2 and periostin are co-distributed on ECM exposed to mechanical forces and coordinately function as ECM modulators...
- Role of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 in the progression of cerebral aneurysmsTomohiro Aoki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Stroke 38:2337-45. 2007..We investigated the role of TIMPs in the progression of cerebral aneurysms in the present study...
- Potential regulatory relationship between the nested gene DDC8 and its host gene tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2Diane M Jaworski
Departments of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Physiol Genomics 28:168-78. 2007..That TIMP-2 transcripts in wild-type brain contain DDC8 sequence suggests alternative splicing between the two genes...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) regulates neuromuscular junction development via a beta1 integrin-mediated mechanismGentian Lluri
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Neurobiol 66:1365-77. 2006..Given that fast-twitch fibers are lost in muscular dystrophies and age-related sarcopenia, if TIMP-2 regulates mechanotransduction in an MMP-independent manner it opens new potential therapeutic avenues...
- Intact vitronectin induces matrix metalloproteinase-2 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 expression and enhanced cellular invasion by melanoma cellsL M Bafetti
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 273:143-9. 1998..Together, these data provide evidence for a functional link between adhesion and proteolysis and suggest a potential mechanism whereby adhesion of an invasive cell to the extracellular matrix regulates subsequent invasive behavior...
- Opposing roles of PARP-1 in MMP-9 and TIMP-2 expression and mast cell degranulation in dyslipidemic dilated cardiomyopathyChetan P Hans
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 20:e57-68. 2011....
- Functional genomics complements quantitative genetics in identifying disease-gene associationsYuanfang Guan
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
PLoS Comput Biol 6:e1000991. 2010..predictions (not observed in any previous GWAS/QTL studies) and found significant bone density defects for both Timp2 and Abcg8 deficient mice...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 inhibits T-cell infiltration and preserves pancreatic beta-cell function in an in vitro type 1 diabetes mellitus modelChris C Woods
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Arizona College of Medicine, 1501 N Campbell Avenue, Tuscon, 85724, USA
J Autoimmun 27:28-37. 2006..Our findings suggest that TIMP-2 is effective at blocking infiltration of autoreactive T-cells into target pancreas tissue thereby preserving pancreatic beta-cell mass...
- Overexpression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 retroviral-mediated gene transfer in vivo inhibits tumor growth and invasionS Imren
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90027, USA
Cancer Res 56:2891-5. 1996....
- Epigenetic characterization of the PBEF and TIMP-2 genes in the developing placentae of normal miceHong Rye Kim
Department of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Research Center for Transgenic Cloned Pig, Chungnam National University, Deajeon, Korea
BMB Rep 44:535-40. 2011....
- ATXN1 protein family and CIC regulate extracellular matrix remodeling and lung alveolarizationYoontae Lee
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Dev Cell 21:746-57. 2011..These findings demonstrate a critical role of ATXN1/ATXN1L-CIC complexes in extracellular matrix (ECM) remodeling during development and their potential roles in pathogenesis of disorders affecting ECM remodeling...
- Temporal expression of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in mouse reproductive tissues during gestationP Waterhouse
Department of Biochemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Mol Reprod Dev 35:219-26. 1993..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Solution structure of the active domain of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2. A new member of the OB fold protein familyR A Williamson
Research School of Biosciences, Biological Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, U K
Biochemistry 33:11745-59. 1994..Furthermore, the structure has revealed conserved surface regions of potential functional importance...
- Expression of interstitial collagenase is restricted to skeletal tissue during mouse embryogenesisV Mattot
CNRS URA 1160, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
J Cell Sci 108:529-35. 1995....
- 92-kDa type IV collagenase and TIMP-3, but not 72-kDa type IV collagenase or TIMP-1 or TIMP-2, are highly expressed during mouse embryo implantationP Reponen
Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, Finland
Dev Dyn 202:388-96. 1995..The results suggest a central role for 92 kDa type IV collagenase and TIMP-3 in the extracellular proteolysis associated with implantation of the early embryo...
- Mouse Cd7 maps to chromosome 11D M Lee
Department of Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Immunogenetics 39:289-90. 1994
- Determination of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP-2) in experimental animals using monoclonal antibodies against TIMP-2-specific oligopeptidesN Fujimoto
Research Laboratories I, Fuji Chemical Industries, Ltd, Toyama, Japan
J Immunol Methods 187:33-9. 1995..Using human TIMP-2 as a standard, TIMP-2 levels in the sera of mouse, rat, guinea pig and rabbit were approximately 80, 200, 270 and 25 ng/ml, respectively...
- Differential regulation of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 mRNA expression in normal and Ha-ras-transformed murine fibroblastsK J Leco
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gene 117:209-17. 1992..Our data demonstrate that the mechanisms that regulate murine TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 expression are distinct arguing for different physiological roles for the two TIMPs...
- Cloning and sequencing of the cDNA encoding a mouse tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2S Shimizu
Pathophysiology Unit, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Gene 114:291-2. 1992..While high homology was observed with the sequences encoding the human (hTIMP-2) and bovine (bTIMP-2) genes, mTIMP-2 contained a long 3'-nontranslated region not observed in the hTIMP-2 or bTIMP-2 genes...
- The gene for tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 is localized on human chromosome arm 17q25Y De Clerck
Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, California
Genomics 14:782-4. 1992Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (TIMP2) is a natural inhibitor of several proteinases that are involved in the degradation of the extracellular matrix...
- TIMP-2 is required for efficient activation of proMMP-2 in vivoZ Wang
Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Buffalo, New York 16263, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26411-5. 2000..Mutant mice were overtly normal, viable, and fertile on the C57BL/6 background, indicating that both TIMP-2 and activated proMMP-2 are dispensable for normal development...
- Matrix metalloproteinases regulate mesonephric cell migration in developing XY gonads which correlates with the inhibition of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-3 by SryKoichiro Nishino
Laboratory of Applied Genetics, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 44:35-43. 2002..These findings are an important clue for the elucidation of testicular formation in developing gonads...
- Signaling through the EGF receptor controls lung morphogenesis in part by regulating MT1-MMP-mediated activation of gelatinase A/MMP2Farrah Kheradmand
Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Sci 115:839-48. 2002..MT1-MMP is, in turn, necessary for activation of MMP-2, a mesenchymal enzyme that is required for normal lung morphogenesis...
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in the mouse uterus during the peri-implantation periodS K Das
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Dev Genet 21:44-54. 1997....
- TGF-beta3-induced palatogenesis requires matrix metalloproteinasesL Blavier
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles and the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:1457-66. 2001..Our observations indicate for the first time that the proteolytic degradation of the ECM by MMPs is a necessary step for palatal fusion...
- A molecular analysis of matrix remodeling and angiogenesis during long bone developmentC I Colnot
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0514, USA
Mech Dev 100:245-50. 2001..Here, we have produced a 'molecular map' of the initial vascularization of the developing skeleton that provides a framework in which to interpret a wide range of fetal skeletal malformations, disruptions, and dysplasias...
- Temporospatial expression of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases-1, -2 and -3 during development, growth and aging of the mouse skeletonK Joronen
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Turku, Finland
Histochem Cell Biol 114:157-65. 2000..These findings suggest that the capacity of articular cartilage chondrocytes to inhibit MMP activities by local production of TIMPs is limited, which may be of consequence during osteoarthritic cartilage degeneration...
- Temporospatial distribution of matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases during murine secondary palate morphogenesisJ Morris-Wiman
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0444, USA
Anat Embryol (Berl) 202:129-41. 2000..These results provide support for the idea that temporospatially controlled interactions between MMPs and their substrates may be pivotal in modulating events in palatal morphogenesis...
- Inactivating mutation of the mouse tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2(Timp-2) gene alters proMMP-2 activationJ J Caterina
NIDCR Matrix Metalloproteinase Unit and NIDCR Gene Targeting Research and Core Facility, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892 4380, USA
J Biol Chem 275:26416-22. 2000..e. at low concentrations, TIMP-2 exerts a "catalytic" or enhancing effect on cell-mediated proMMP-2 activation, whereas at higher concentrations, TIMP-2 inhibits the activation and/or activity of MMP-2...
- Matrix metalloproteinases play an active role in Wnt1-induced mammary tumorigenesisLaurence Blavier
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer Res 66:2691-9. 2006..Thus, for the first time, the data provides evidence for the active role of MMPs in Wnt1-induced mammary tumorigenesis...
- Occurrence and temporal variation in matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors during murine secondary palatal morphogenesisJ Morris-Wiman
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol 19:201-12. 1999..The results of this study demonstrate that MMPs 2, 3, 7, 9 and 13 and TIMPs 1 and 2 and their messages are present during the course of palatal shelf remodelling and that their expression is temporally regulated...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and oral cancerG T Thomas
Department of Oral Pathology, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Healthcare Sciences, University of London, UK
Oral Oncol 35:227-33. 1999....
- Alterations of oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes and growth factors in hepatocellular carcinoma: with relation to tumor size and invasivenessZ Tang
Liver Cancer Institute, Shanghai Medical University, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 111:313-8. 1998..To make a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in recurrence and metastasis of the hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), some invasion related oncogenes, and growth factors have been investigated...
- Matrix metalloproteinases in angiogenesis: a moving target for therapeutic interventionW G Stetler-Stevenson
Laboratory of Pathology, Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Clin Invest 103:1237-41. 1999
- Expression of matrix metalloproteinases during murine chorioallantoic placenta maturationT Teesalu
Dipartimento di Ricerca Biologica e Tecnologica DIBIT, Istituto Scientifico S Raffaele, Milano, Italia
Dev Dyn 214:248-58. 1999..Our findings document the participation of MMPs and their inhibitors in the process of late murine placenta maturation, and warrant the characterization of other members of the MMP family, like membrane type-MMPs, in this process...
- The matrix metalloproteinase-14 (MMP-14) gene is structurally distinct from other MMP genes and is co-expressed with the TIMP-2 gene during mouse embryogenesisS S Apte
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 272:25511-7. 1997..Mmp14 and the gene for tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-2 (Timp2) show a temporally and spatially co-regulated expression during mouse development...
- Cloning of murine membrane-type-1-matrix metalloproteinase (MT-1-MMP) and its metanephric developmental regulation with respect to MMP-2 and its inhibitorK Ota
Department of Pathology and Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kidney Int 54:131-42. 1998..The activity of MMP-2 is inhibited by a "soluble" tissue inhibitor of MMP-2, TIMP-2. The role of MT-1-MMP in renal development is unknown...
- Matrix metalloproteinases regulate morphogenesis, migration and remodeling of epithelium, tongue skeletal muscle and cartilage in the mandibular archJ R Chin
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0750, USA
Development 124:1519-30. 1997..Our data suggest that matrix metalloproteinases play a pivotal role in the morphogenesis of structures derived from epithelium (oral sulcus), cranial paraxial mesoderm (tongue) and cranial neural crest (Meckel's cartilage)...
- TIMP-2 promotes cell spreading and adhesion via upregulation of Rap1 signalingHyeujin Chang
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, Korea University Graduate School of Medicine, Ansan, Gyeonggi do 425 707, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 345:1201-6. 2006....
- Individual Timp deficiencies differentially impact pro-MMP-2 activationJane L English
Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:10337-46. 2006..Thus, TIMP-3 provides an inherent regulation over the kinetics of pro-MMP-2 processing, serving at a level distinct from that of TIMP-2 and TIMP-4...
- Differential regulation of TIMP-1, -2, and -3 mRNA and protein expressions during mouse incisor developmentNagako Yoshiba
Division of Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Department of Oral Health Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 5274, Niigata, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 324:97-104. 2006..Distinct temporal and spatial expression patterns of TIMPs suggest divergent functions of these factors in incisor organogenesis...
- Shp-1 mediates the antiproliferative activity of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 in human microvascular endothelial cellsDong Wan Seo
Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1500, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3711-21. 2006....
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2(TIMP-2)-deficient mice display motor deficitsDiane M Jaworski
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, 05405, USA
J Neurobiol 66:82-94. 2006..The tissue specificity of the nerve branching phenotype suggests the involvement of different MMPs and/or extracellular matrix molecules underlying the TIMP-2(-/-) motor phenotype...
- The cysteine-rich domain of the secreted proprotein convertases PC5A and PACE4 functions as a cell surface anchor and interacts with tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinasesNadia Nour
Laboratory of Biochemical Neuroendocrinology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 16:5215-26. 2005..In conclusion, the CRD of PC5A and PACE4 functions as a cell surface anchor favoring the processing of their cognate surface-anchored substrates, including endothelial lipase...
- Differential expression of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in human and mouse lung developmentJulie Ryu
University of Giessen Lung Center, Department of Medicine II, Aulweg 123, Room 6 11, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Thromb Haemost 94:175-83. 2005..MMP-2, TIMP-2, and TIMP-3 may be key regulatory enzymes during lung development, possibly through their complex action on ECM components, membrane receptor ectodomain shedding, and growth factor bioactivity...
- Murine tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 (Timp-4): cDNA isolation and expression in adult mouse tissuesK J Leco
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
FEBS Lett 401:213-7. 1997..This pattern of expression distinguishes Timp-4 from other Timps, suggesting that the TIMP-4 protein may be an important tissue-specific regulator of extracellular matrix remodelling...
- Differential expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 1 (TIMP-1) during mouse gonad developmentRomain Guyot
INSERM U329, Hopital Debrousse, Lyon, France
Dev Dyn 227:357-66. 2003..Experiments are now under way to determine to what extent TIMP-1 is a morphogenic gene involved in seminiferous cord formation and development...
- Lhx2-/- mice develop liver fibrosisEwa Wandzioch
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16549-54. 2004..This study establishes a spontaneous and reproducible animal model for hepatic fibrosis and reveals that Lhx2 expression in HSCs is important for proper cellular organization and differentiation of the liver...
- Expression analysis of the entire MMP and TIMP gene families during mouse tissue developmentRobert K Nuttall
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, UK
FEBS Lett 563:129-34. 2004....
- Temporospatial gene expression and protein localization of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors during mouse molar tooth developmentNagako Yoshiba
Department of Oral Health Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Dev Dyn 228:105-12. 2003..The distinct temporospatial distribution patterns of the TIMPs suggest that these inhibitors play several intrinsic roles during tooth development...
- Structural and functional uncoupling of the enzymatic and angiogenic inhibitory activities of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2): loop 6 is a novel angiogenesis inhibitorCecilia A Fernandez
Laboratory of Surgical Research, Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40989-95. 2003..In addition, we report, for the first time, the discovery of Loop 6 as a novel and potent inhibitor of angiogenesis...
- MT-MMP, the cell surface activator of proMMP-2 (pro-gelatinase A), is expressed with its substrate in mouse tissue during embryogenesisH Kinoh
Departments of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Kanazawa University, Ishikawa, Japan
J Cell Sci 109:953-9. 1996..These results indicated that proMMP-2 activation through its activator, MT-MMP, is a physiological system used by organisms to initiate tissue remodeling on the cell surface...
- Proteinase expression in early mouse embryos is regulated by leukaemia inhibitory factor and epidermal growth factorM B Harvey
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Development 121:1005-14. 1995....
- Matrix metalloproteinases mediate the dismantling of mesenchymal structures in the tadpole tail during thyroid hormone-induced tail resorptionJae Chang Jung
New England Eye Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Box 450, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Dev Dyn 223:402-13. 2002..These findings suggest that MMPs and TIMPs act in concert to effect the dismantling of mesenchymal structures during T(3)-induced metamorphic tadpole tail resorption...
- Identification of an initiator-like element essential for the expression of the tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-4 (Timp-4) geneDavid A Young
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich NR4 7TJ, U K
Biochem J 364:89-99. 2002....
- The expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) is required for normal development of zebrafish embryosJinsong Zhang
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Dev Genes Evol 213:382-9. 2003..This is in contrast to murine knockout studies that indicate that TIMP-2 does not have a major role in mouse embryogenesis...
- Expression and function of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors at the maternal-embryonic boundary during mouse embryo implantationC M Alexander
Laboratory of Radiobiology, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Development 122:1723-36. 1996..We conclude that administration of MMP inhibitors retards decidual remodeling and growth, and we suggest that the MMPs expressed in precursor stromal cells promote their differentiation and expansion...
- Regulation of hepatic fibrosis and extracellular matrix genes by the th response: new insight into the role of tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinasesB Vaillant
Schistosomiasis Immunology and Pathology Unit, Immunobiology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 167:7017-26. 2001..Indeed, our findings suggest that inhibiting profibrotic cytokines or specific MMP may be a more effective strategy to ameliorate fibrotic pathology...
- Substrate choice of membrane-type 1 matrix metalloproteinase is dictated by tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 levelsTomoya Kudo
Department of Molecular Virology and Oncology, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa 920 0934, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:563-8. 2007..These results suggest that TIMP-2 environment determines MT1-MMP substrate choice between direct cleavage of its own substrates and MMP-2 activation...
- Molecular Regulation of TIMP-2 in Neuron Cell CycleDIANE JAWORSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- EPITHELIAL/MESENCHYMAL INTERACTIONS IN LUNG DEVELOPMENTFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2002..Michael Mafthay, Carol Basbaum, and Gerald Cunha, all senior faculty members of Division of Pulmonary and Department of Anatomy at UCSF. (End of Abstract) ..
- Mast Cell Role in Masseter Muscle RepairJOYCE MORRIS WIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- The Role of Proteinases in Experimental AsthmaFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together these findings will substantially contribute to the understanding of regulation of Th2 immunity and will provide new approaches for the treatment of asthma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Proteases in Lung Inflammation & RemodelingFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work may serve as the foundation for future therapeutic studies that target a broad range of asthmatic patients. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Viral-induced T Cell Responses in COPD ExacerbationFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Immune modulators of inflammation in servere COPDFarrah Kheradmand; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we will study the role of a subset of cells in the immune system called T helper cells to determine if they could be responsible for the destruction of lung in subjects with COPD and emphysema. ..