Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Tial1
Description: Tia1 cytotoxic granule-associated RNA binding protein-like 1
Alias: 5330433G13Rik, AL033329, TIAR, mTIAR, nucleolysin TIAR, TIA-1-related protein, Tial1 cytotoxic granule-associated RNA binding protein-like 1
- Choi E, Pintel D. Splicing of the large intron present in the nonstructural gene of minute virus of mice is governed by TIA-1/TIAR binding downstream of the nonconsensus donor. J Virol. 2009;83:6306-11 pubmed publisher..The ISE binds the cellular RNA-processing proteins TIA-1 and TIAR, which enhance usage of the nonconsensus donor.
- Carrascoso I, Sánchez Jiménez C, Izquierdo J. Long-term reduction of T-cell intracellular antigens leads to increased beta-actin expression. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:90 pubmed publisher..cells with knocked down/out expression of T-cell intracellular antigen 1 (TIA1) and/or TIA1 related/like (TIAR/TIAL1) proteins and classical RNA (e.g...
- Beck A, Medley Q, O BRIEN S, Anderson P, Streuli M. Structure, tissue distribution and genomic organization of the murine RRM-type RNA binding proteins TIA-1 and TIAR. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3829-35 pubmed..We report the structures of murine TIA-1 and TIAR (mTIA-1 and mTIAR) deduced from cDNA cloning, the mRNA and protein tissue distribution of mTIA-1 and mTIAR, and the exon-intron ..
- Gilks N, Kedersha N, Ayodele M, Shen L, Stoecklin G, Dember L, et al. Stress granule assembly is mediated by prion-like aggregation of TIA-1. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5383-98 pubmed..Our results reveal that prion-like aggregation of TIA-1 regulates SG formation downstream of eIF2alpha phosphorylation in response to stress. ..
- Yeowell H, Walker L, Mauger D, Seth P, Garcia Blanco M. TIA nuclear proteins regulate the alternate splicing of lysyl hydroxylase 2. J Invest Dermatol. 2009;129:1402-11 pubmed publisher..splicing pattern of LH2, both endogenously and in the minigene, by the RNA-binding splicing proteins TIA-1 and TIAL1 (T-cell-restricted intracellular antigens)...
- Loschi M, Leishman C, Berardone N, Boccaccio G. Dynein and kinesin regulate stress-granule and P-body dynamics. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3973-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that regulation of SG dynamics by dynein and kinesin is conserved in Drosophila. ..
- Delestienne N, Wauquier C, Soin R, Dierick J, Gueydan C, Kruys V. The splicing factor ASF/SF2 is associated with TIA-1-related/TIA-1-containing ribonucleoproteic complexes and contributes to post-transcriptional repression of gene expression. FEBS J. 2010;277:2496-514 pubmed publisherTIA-1-related (TIAR) protein is a shuttling RNA-binding protein implicated in several steps of RNA metabolism...
- Sánchez Jiménez C, Izquierdo J. T-cell intracellular antigen (TIA)-proteins deficiency in murine embryonic fibroblasts alters cell cycle progression and induces autophagy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75127 pubmed publisherMice lacking either T-cell intracellular antigen 1 (TIA1) or TIA1 related/like protein (TIAR/TIAL1) show high rates of embryonic lethality, suggesting a relevant role for these proteins during embryonic development...
- Kimball S, Horetsky R, Ron D, Jefferson L, Harding H. Mammalian stress granules represent sites of accumulation of stalled translation initiation complexes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;284:C273-84 pubmed..Finally, we also show that stress granules contain many, if not all, of the components of the 48S preinitiation complex, but not 60S ribosomal subunits, suggesting that they represent stalled translation initiation complexes. ..
- Podszywalow Bartnicka P, Wolczyk M, Kusio Kobialka M, Wolanin K, Skowronek K, Nieborowska Skorska M, et al. Downregulation of BRCA1 protein in BCR-ABL1 leukemia cells depends on stress-triggered TIAR-mediated suppression of translation. Cell Cycle. 2014;13:3727-41 pubmed publisher..We investigated 2 mRNA-binding proteins - HuR and TIAR showing specificity to AU-Rich Element (ARE) sites in 3'UTR of mRNA...
- Lachke S, Alkuraya F, Kneeland S, Ohn T, Aboukhalil A, Howell G, et al. Mutations in the RNA granule component TDRD7 cause cataract and glaucoma. Science. 2011;331:1571-6 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a role for RGs in vertebrate organogenesis. ..
- Watanabe N, Mii S, Asai N, Asai M, Niimi K, Ushida K, et al. The REV7 subunit of DNA polymerase ? is essential for primordial germ cell maintenance in the mouse. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10459-71 pubmed publisher..5. These findings indicate that Rev7 is essential for PGC maintenance by prevention of apoptotic cell death in the mouse. ..
- Tong X, van Dross R, Abu Yousif A, Morrison A, Pelling J. Apigenin prevents UVB-induced cyclooxygenase 2 expression: coupled mRNA stabilization and translational inhibition. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:283-96 pubmed..we identified two RNA-binding proteins, HuR and the T-cell-restricted intracellular antigen 1-related protein (TIAR), which were associated with endogenous COX-2 mRNA in 308 keratinocytes, and apigenin treatment increased their ..
- Lu L, Wang S, Zheng L, Li X, Suswam E, Zhang X, et al. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-linked mutant SOD1 sequesters Hu antigen R (HuR) and TIA-1-related protein (TIAR): implications for impaired post-transcriptional regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:33989-98 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the major RNA stabilizer, Hu Antigen R (HuR), and TIA-1-related protein (TIAR) colocalize with mutant SOD1 in mouse spinal cord extracts and cultured glioma cells...
- Yamaji M, Tanaka T, Shigeta M, Chuma S, Saga Y, Saitou M. Functional reconstruction of NANOS3 expression in the germ cell lineage by a novel transgenic reporter reveals distinct subcellular localizations of NANOS3. Reproduction. 2010;139:381-93 pubmed publisherMutations of RNA-binding proteins such as NANOS3, TIAL1, and DND1 in mice have been known to result in the failure of survival and/or proliferation of primordial germ cells (PGCs) soon after their fate is specified (around embryonic day (..
- Barrios F, Filipponi D, Pellegrini M, Paronetto M, Di Siena S, Geremia R, et al. Opposing effects of retinoic acid and FGF9 on Nanos2 expression and meiotic entry of mouse germ cells. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:871-80 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that recombinant NANOS2 binds to two spermatogonial mRNAs, Gata2 and Taf7l, which are involved in germ-cell differentiation. ..