Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Thy1.2
Description: thymus cell antigen 1, theta
Alias: CD90, T25, Thy-1, Thy-1.2, Thy1.1, Thy1.2, thy-1 membrane glycoprotein, thy-1 antigen
- Mayeux Portas V, File S, Stewart C, Morris R. Mice lacking the cell adhesion molecule Thy-1 fail to use socially transmitted cues to direct their choice of food. Curr Biol. 2000;10:68-75 pubmed
- Jurisic G, Iolyeva M, Proulx S, Halin C, Detmar M. Thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) is expressed by lymphatic vessels and mediates cell adhesion to lymphatic endothelium. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2982-92 pubmed publisher..mouse intestinal lymphatic endothelial cells versus blood vascular endothelial cells, thymus cell antigen 1 (Thy1, CD90) was expressed at much higher levels in lymphatic endothelial cells than in blood vascular endothelial cells...
- Nosten Bertrand M, Errington M, Murphy K, Tokugawa Y, Barboni E, Kozlova E, et al. Normal spatial learning despite regional inhibition of LTP in mice lacking Thy-1. Nature. 1996;379:826-9 pubmed..Spatial learning by Thy-1-deficient mice, as assessed in the watermaze, is unimpaired. Thus LTP in the cortical input to the dentate gyrus seems not to be required for spatial learning. ..
- Kelley K, Friedrich V, Sonshine A, Hu Y, Lax J, Li J, et al. Expression of Thy-1/lacZ fusion genes in the CNS of transgenic mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;24:261-74 pubmed..2 sequences with the lacZ coding region may disrupt normal Thy-1 regulatory signals (or result in the creation of new regulatory elements). ..
- Regnier D, Kozak C, Kingsley D, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Langdon W, et al. Identification of two murine loci homologous to the v-cbl oncogene. J Virol. 1989;63:3678-82 pubmed..Analyses of Mus domesticus/M. spretus interspecific backcross mice showed that Cbl-1 maps between the immunoglobulin kappa light chain and T-cell receptor beta chain loci and that Cbl-2 is tightly linked to Thy-1. ..
- Choi J, Leyton L, Nham S. Characterization of alphaX I-domain binding to Thy-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:557-61 pubmed..Given the reported role of Thy-1 in the regulation of T cell homeostasis and proliferation, it is tempting to speculate that alphaX-beta2 may be involved in Thy-1 function. ..
- Yoshihara S, Omichi K, Yanazawa M, Kitamura K, Yoshihara Y. Arx homeobox gene is essential for development of mouse olfactory system. Development. 2005;132:751-62 pubmed..These findings suggest a likely role of Arx in regulating the expression of putative instructive signals produced in the olfactory bulb for the proper innervation of olfactory sensory axons. ..
- Low M, Kincade P. Phosphatidylinositol is the membrane-anchoring domain of the Thy-1 glycoprotein. Nature. 1985;318:62-4 pubmed..This result supports the proposed lipid nature of the Thy-1 anchoring domain and further suggests that this lipid is, or is closely related to, phosphatidylinositol. ..
- Kellermayer Z, Lábadi A, Czompoly T, Arnold H, Balogh P. Absence of Nkx2-3 homeodomain transcription factor induces the formation of LYVE-1-positive endothelial cysts without lymphatic commitment in the spleen. J Histochem Cytochem. 2011;59:690-700 pubmed publisher..Thus the splenic vascular defects in Nkx2-3 deficiency include the generation of LYVE-1(+) cysts, comprised of endothelial cells without being committed along the LEC lineage. ..
- Zhou Z, Shirakawa T, Ohbo K, Sada A, Wu Q, Hasegawa K, et al. RNA Binding Protein Nanos2 Organizes Post-transcriptional Buffering System to Retain Primitive State of Mouse Spermatogonial Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2015;34:96-107 pubmed publisher..This mechanism links mRNA turnover to mTORC1 signaling through Nanos2-containing mRNPs and establishes a post-transcriptional buffering system to facilitate SSC homeostasis in the fluctuating environment within the seminiferous tubule. ..
- Seki T, Chang H, Moriuchi T, Denome R, Ploegh H, Silver J. A hydrophobic transmembrane segment at the carboxyl terminus of thy-1. Science. 1985;227:649-51 pubmed..These extra amino acids include a 20-amino acid hydrophobic segment which may be responsible for integration of thy-1 within the plasma membrane. ..
- Wuthrich M, Warner T, Klein B. IL-12 is required for induction but not maintenance of protective, memory responses to Blastomyces dermatitidis: implications for vaccine development in immune-deficient hosts. J Immunol. 2005;175:5288-97 pubmed..In conclusion, these studies demonstrate that once CD4 and CD8 cells have acquired a protective T1 phenotype they no longer require the presence of IL-12 to maintain antifungal protective memory. ..
- Azzi J, Skartsis N, Mounayar M, Magee C, Batal I, Ting C, et al. Serine protease inhibitor 6 plays a critical role in protecting murine granzyme B-producing regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:2319-27 pubmed publisher..These data could have significant clinical implications for Treg-based therapy in immune-mediated diseases. ..
- Reif A, Allen J. THE AKR THYMIC ANTIGEN AND ITS DISTRIBUTION IN LEUKEMIAS AND NERVOUS TISSUES. J Exp Med. 1964;120:413-33 pubmed..No exceptions were found. These results were obtained by use of immune cytolysis, and of a new method for the quantitative treatment of data from absorption experiments. ..
- Jain R, Li D, Gupta M, Manderfield L, Ifkovits J, Wang Q, et al. HEART DEVELOPMENT. Integration of Bmp and Wnt signaling by Hopx specifies commitment of cardiomyoblasts. Science. 2015;348:aaa6071 pubmed publisher..In addition, Bmp signals characterize adult stem cell niches in other tissues where Hopx-mediated inhibition of Wnt is likely to contribute to stem cell quiescence and to explain the role of Hopx as a tumor suppressor. ..
- D EUSTACHIO P, Owens G, Edelman G, Cunningham B. Chromosomal location of the gene encoding the neural cell adhesion molecule (N-CAM) in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1985;82:7631-5 pubmed..The Ncam locus provides an important reference point for mapping the genes for additional cell adhesion molecules as well as genes for other molecules involved in neural development and function. ..
- Ertelt J, Buyukbasaran E, Jiang T, Rowe J, Xin L, Way S. B7-1/B7-2 blockade overrides the activation of protective CD8 T cells stimulated in the absence of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:367-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, the activation of protective CD8 T cells requires positive B7-1/B7-2 costimulation even when suppression by Tregs and in particular, Treg-intrinsic CTLA-4 is circumvented. ..
- Wang L, Jameson S, Hogquist K. Epidermal Langerhans cells are not required for UV-induced immunosuppression. J Immunol. 2009;183:5548-53 pubmed publisher..We found that dermal langerin(+) cells, but not LC, were essential for the CD8 T cell response. Furthermore, in the selective absence of LC, UV light still caused suppression of both CD8 T cell expansion and contact hypersensitivity. ..
- Cheng C, Chow R, Lebel M, Sakuma R, Cheung H, Thanabalasingham V, et al. The Iroquois homeobox gene, Irx5, is required for retinal cone bipolar cell development. Dev Biol. 2005;287:48-60 pubmed..These results indicate that there are at least two distinct genetic pathways (Irx5-dependent and Vsx1-dependent) regulating the development of Type 2 and Type 3 cone bipolar cells. ..
- Schmidt M, Gutknecht D, Simon J, Schulz J, Eckes B, Anderegg U, et al. Controlling the Balance of Fibroblast Proliferation and Differentiation: Impact of Thy-1. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:1893-1902 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings point to an important role of Thy-1 in controlling the balance between proliferation and differentiation in dermal fibroblasts. ..
- Lyu Y, Lin C, Azarova A, Cai L, Wang J, Liu L. Role of topoisomerase IIbeta in the expression of developmentally regulated genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7929-41 pubmed..Together, these results support a role of TopIIbeta in activation/repression of developmentally regulated genes at late stages of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Bear S, Bellacosa A, Lazo P, Jenkins N, Copeland N, Hanson C, et al. Provirus insertion in Tpl-1, an Ets-1-related oncogene, is associated with tumor progression in Moloney murine leukemia virus-induced rat thymic lymphomas. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:7495-9 pubmed..2 +/- 0.9 centimorgans from the Ets-1 protooncogene. Although the genetic distance between Tpl-1 and Ets-1 indicates that they are different genes, analysis of Tpl-1 cDNA clones revealed that the two are closely related. ..
- Moriuchi T, Chang H, Denome R, Silver J. Thy-1 cDNA sequence suggests a novel regulatory mechanism. Nature. 1983;301:80-2 pubmed..It appears to be a complete transcript, however, as the last codon is followed directly by a poly(A) tract. ..
- Wuthrich M, Ersland K, Pick Jacobs J, Gern B, Frye C, Sullivan T, et al. Limited model antigen expression by transgenic fungi induces disparate fates during differentiation of adoptively transferred T cell receptor transgenic CD4+ T cells: robust activation and proliferation with weak effector function during recall. Infect Immun. 2012;80:787-97 pubmed publisher..However, the limited availability of model Ag expressed by Tg fungi during T cell priming blunts the downstream generation of effector and memory T cells. ..
- Guimaraes M, Bazan J, Castagnola J, Diaz S, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of lysosomal sialic acid O-acetylesterase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:13697-705 pubmed
- Griffin J, Terry L, Jackman R, Yousefi M, Cashman N. Decreased cell surface prion protein in mouse models of prion disease. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1-6 pubmed
- Hueber A, Pierres M, He H. Thy-1 functions as a recognition/signaling molecule during mouse T lymphocyte development. Braz J Med Biol Res. 1994;27:275-81 pubmed..Therefore, we propose that Thy-1 could function as a cell survival/death regulator in mouse T lymphocyte development. ..
- Xiao Z, Mescher M, Jameson S. Detuning CD8 T cells: down-regulation of CD8 expression, tetramer binding, and response during CTL activation. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2667-77 pubmed..g., infected cells), while limiting collateral damage to bystander cells. ..
- Geller S, Guerin K, Visel M, Pham A, Lee E, Dror A, et al. CLRN1 is nonessential in the mouse retina but is required for cochlear hair cell development. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000607 pubmed publisher..If CLRN1 expression in humans is comparable to the expression pattern observed in mice, this is the first report of an inner retinal protein that, when mutated, causes retinal degeneration. ..
- Pauken K, Jenkins M, Azuma M, Fife B. PD-1, but not PD-L1, expressed by islet-reactive CD4+ T cells suppresses infiltration of the pancreas during type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2013;62:2859-69 pubmed publisher..These data support a model by which PD-1 regulates islet-reactive CD4(+) T cells in a cell intrinsic manner by suppressing proliferation, inhibiting infiltration of the pancreas, and limiting diabetes. ..
- Fukada S, Yamamoto Y, Segawa M, Sakamoto K, Nakajima M, Sato M, et al. CD90-positive cells, an additional cell population, produce laminin alpha2 upon transplantation to dy(3k)/dy(3k) mice. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:193-203 pubmed..of laminin alpha2 in non-myogenic cells of normal mice, and we could enrich these laminin alpha2-producing cells in CD90(+) cell fractions...
- Hedrick S, Cohen D, Nielsen E, Davis M. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding T cell-specific membrane-associated proteins. Nature. 1984;308:149-53 pubmed..These characteristics suggest that it encodes one chain of the elusive antigen receptor on the surface of T lymphocytes. ..
- Zecher D, Li Q, Oberbarnscheidt M, Demetris A, Shlomchik W, Rothstein D, et al. NK cells delay allograft rejection in lymphopenic hosts by downregulating the homeostatic proliferation of CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2010;184:6649-57 pubmed publisher..Concomitant NK and T cell depletion may be undesirable in transplant recipients because of enhanced expansion of memory CD8+ T cells that increase the risk of rejection. ..
- Tomita H, Sugano E, Fukazawa Y, Isago H, Sugiyama Y, Hiroi T, et al. Visual properties of transgenic rats harboring the channelrhodopsin-2 gene regulated by the thy-1.2 promoter. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7679 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that the visual signals derived from the ChR2-expressing RGCs were reinterpreted by the brain to form behavior-related vision. ..
- Beck P, Li Y, Wong J, Chen C, Keenan C, Sharkey K, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase from bone marrow-derived cells plays a critical role in regulating colonic inflammation. Gastroenterology. 2007;132:1778-90 pubmed..iNOS produced by BM-derived cells plays a critical role in mediating the inflammatory response during colitis. Cell-specific regulation of iNOS may represent a novel form of therapy for patients with inflammatory bowel disease. ..
- Spangrude G, Brooks D. Phenotypic analysis of mouse hematopoietic stem cells shows a Thy-1-negative subset. Blood. 1992;80:1957-64 pubmed..1 allele are unique in that hematopoietic stem cell activity is found exclusively in the Thy-1low population. ..
- Evans G, Ingraham H, Lewis K, Cunningham K, Seki T, Moriuchi T, et al. Expression of the Thy-1 glycoprotein gene by DNA-mediated gene transfer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:5532-6 pubmed..2 than the L cell transformants. The expression of vastly differing amounts of cell-surface Thy-1 from similar numbers of genes suggests that the gene encoding this differentiation antigen is under tissue-specific regulation. ..
- McAleer M, Reifsnyder P, Palmer S, Prochazka M, Love J, Copeman J, et al. Crosses of NOD mice with the related NON strain. A polygenic model for IDDM. Diabetes. 1995;44:1186-95 pubmed..This study shows that the diabetogenic phenotype can be achieved through the actions of variable combinations of MHC-unlinked genes and a diabetogenic MHC haplotype. ..
- Zaleski M, Klein J. Genetic control of the immune response to Thy-1 antigens. Immunol Rev. 1978;38:120-62 pubmed
- Mitchell J, Burbach B, Srivastava R, Fife B, Shimizu Y. Multistage T cell-dendritic cell interactions control optimal CD4 T cell activation through the ADAP-SKAP55-signaling module. J Immunol. 2013;191:2372-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, integrin activation by the ADAP-SKAP55-signaling module controls the stability and duration of T cell-dendritic cell contacts during the progressive phases necessary for optimal T cell activation. ..
- Itakura K, Hutton J, Boyse E, Old L. Genetic linkage relationships of loci specifying differentiation alloantigens in the mouse. Transplantation. 1972;13:239-43 pubmed
- Jung K, Park W, Kim H, Choi E, Kook M, Lee H, et al. TCR-independent and caspase-independent apoptosis of murine thymocytes by CD24 cross-linking. J Immunol. 2004;172:795-802 pubmed..In this study, we suggest that CD24 ligation induced the apoptosis of immature thymocytes independently of both caspase and TCR. ..
- Kennedy M, Glaccum M, Brown S, Butz E, Viney J, Embers M, et al. Reversible defects in natural killer and memory CD8 T cell lineages in interleukin 15-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 2000;191:771-80 pubmed..Moreover, the ability to rescue lymphoid defects in IL-15(-/-) mice by IL-15 administration represents a powerful means by which to further elucidate the biological roles of this cytokine. ..
- Pecker I, Avraham K, Gilbert D, Savitsky K, Rotman G, Harnik R, et al. Identification and chromosomal localization of Atm, the mouse homolog of the ataxia-telangiectasia gene. Genomics. 1996;35:39-45 pubmed..Fluorescence in situ hybridization and linkage analysis located the Atm gene on mouse chromosome 9, band 9C, in a region homologous to the ATM region on human chromosome 11q22-q23. ..
- Rabenstein H, Behrendt A, Ellwart J, Naumann R, Horsch M, Beckers J, et al. Differential kinetics of antigen dependency of CD4+ and CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2014;192:3507-17 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that CD4+ T cells require continuous stimulation for clonal expansion, whereas CD8+ T cells can divide following a much shorter TCR signal. ..
- Budarf M, Huebner K, Emanuel B, Croce C, Copeland N, Jenkins N, et al. Assignment of the erythropoietin receptor (EPOR) gene to mouse chromosome 9 and human chromosome 19. Genomics. 1990;8:575-8 pubmed..This region of mouse Chr9 is homologous to a region of human Chr 19p13 carrying the human LDLR and MEL loci, strongly suggesting that the human EPOR gene is at 19p13 near the human LDLR locus. ..
- Lee S, GOVERMAN J. The influence of T cell Ig mucin-3 signaling on central nervous system autoimmune disease is determined by the effector function of the pathogenic T cells. J Immunol. 2013;190:4991-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the therapeutic efficacy of targeting Tim-3 in EAE is dependent on the nature of the effector T cells contributing to the disease. ..
- Ysebrant de Lendonck L, Tonon S, Nguyen M, Vandevenne P, Welsby I, Martinet V, et al. Interferon regulatory factor 3 controls interleukin-17 expression in CD8 T lymphocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3189-97 pubmed publisher..These observations uncover an unexpected role of IRF3 in the control of CD8 T-cell polarization. ..
- Oishi K, Ito Dufros Y. Angiogenic potential of CD44+ CD90+ multipotent CNS stem cells in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:1065-72 pubmed..Here, we report that CD44(+) CD90(+) cells isolated from primary neurospheres can form vascular-tube structures in vitro...
- Rodeghero R, Cao Y, Olalekan S, Iwakua Y, Glant T, Finnegan A. Location of CD4+ T cell priming regulates the differentiation of Th1 and Th17 cells and their contribution to arthritis. J Immunol. 2013;190:5423-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that T cell activation at different anatomical sites in rheumatoid arthritis patients may skew the T cells toward production of either IFN-? or IL-17. ..
- Bracamonte Baran W, Florentin J, Zhou Y, Jankowska Gan E, Haynes W, Zhong W, et al. Modification of host dendritic cells by microchimerism-derived extracellular vesicles generates split tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:1099-1104 pubmed publisher..We propose that EVs provide a physiologic link between microchimerism and split tolerance, with implications for tumor immunity, transplantation, autoimmunity, and reproductive success. ..
- Westerterp M, Gautier E, Ganda A, Molusky M, Wang W, Fotakis P, et al. Cholesterol Accumulation in Dendritic Cells Links the Inflammasome to Acquired Immunity. Cell Metab. 2017;25:1294-1304.e6 pubmed publisher..Nlrp3 inflammasome deficiency diminished the enlarged LNs and enhanced Th1 cell polarization. These findings identify an essential role of DC cholesterol efflux pathways in maintaining immune tolerance. ..
- Spitkovsky D, Royer Pokora B, Delius H, Kisseljov F, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, et al. Tissue restricted expression and chromosomal localization of the YB-1 gene encoding a 42 kD nuclear CCAAT binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:797-803 pubmed..Finally, we have identified four YB-1 related loci in the mouse genome and have mapped these loci to four different mouse chromosomes by interspecific backcross analysis. ..
- Kaukua N, Shahidi M, Konstantinidou C, Dyachuk V, Kaucka M, Furlan A, et al. Glial origin of mesenchymal stem cells in a tooth model system. Nature. 2014;513:551-4 pubmed publisher..By combining a clonal colour-coding technique with tracing of peripheral glia, we provide new insights into the dynamics of tooth organogenesis and growth. ..
- Fujita M, Sugama S, Sekiyama K, Sekigawa A, Tsukui T, Nakai M, et al. A ?-synuclein mutation linked to dementia produces neurodegeneration when expressed in mouse brain. Nat Commun. 2010;1:110 pubmed..Given the neuritic pathology of ?S in sporadic ?-synucleinopathies, it appears that alteration of ?S can contribute to the pathogenesis of a broad range of ?-synucleinopathies. ..
- Page D, Tokugawa Y, Silver J, Stewart C. Role of Thy-1 in T cell development. J Immunol. 1997;159:5285-92 pubmed..This finding is discussed in light of recent data regarding the role of other glycosyl-phosphatidylinositol-linked proteins in thymocyte development. ..
- Xiang M. Requirement for Brn-3b in early differentiation of postmitotic retinal ganglion cell precursors. Dev Biol. 1998;197:155-69 pubmed
- Rocca B, Spain L, Pure E, Langenbach R, Patrono C, Fitzgerald G. Distinct roles of prostaglandin H synthases 1 and 2 in T-cell development. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:1469-77 pubmed..COX-dependent PG generation may represent a mechanism of thymic stromal support for T-cell development. ..
- Varisco B, Ambalavanan N, Whitsett J, Hagood J. Thy-1 signals through PPAR? to promote lipofibroblast differentiation in the developing lung. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;46:765-72 pubmed publisher..Thy-1 is important in the regulation of lipofibroblast differentiation in the developing lung. ..
- Fife B, Griffin M, Abbas A, Locksley R, Bluestone J. Inhibition of T cell activation and autoimmune diabetes using a B cell surface-linked CTLA-4 agonist. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2252-61 pubmed
- Raff M. Surface antigenic markers for distinguishing T and B lymphocytes in mice. Transplant Rev. 1971;6:52-80 pubmed
- Tamaki K, Saitoh A, Gaspari A, Yasaka N, Furue M. Migration of Thy-1+ dendritic epidermal cells (Thy-1+DEC): Ly48 and TNF-alpha are responsible for the migration of Thy-1+DEC to the epidermis. J Invest Dermatol. 1994;103:290-4 pubmed..Thus, Thy-1+DEC retain the potential for migration in vitro, and leukosialin and TNF alpha are partially responsible for the migration of Thy-1+DEC into the epidermis. ..
- Huang W, Huang F, Kannan A, Hu J, August A. ITK tunes IL-4-induced development of innate memory CD8+ T cells in a ?? T and invariant NKT cell-independent manner. J Leukoc Biol. 2014;96:55-63 pubmed publisher..The role of ITK in this process suggests a mechanism by which IMP CD8(+) T cells can be generated rapidly in response to infection. ..
- Brinkman C, Rouhani S, Srinivasan N, Engelhard V. Peripheral tissue homing receptors enable T cell entry into lymph nodes and affect the anatomical distribution of memory cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:2412-25 pubmed publisher..These novel cells share properties of both central and effector memory cells and reside in LN based on previously undescribed mechanisms of entry. ..
- Revest J, Suniara R, Kerr K, Owen J, Dickson C. Development of the thymus requires signaling through the fibroblast growth factor receptor R2-IIIb. J Immunol. 2001;167:1954-61 pubmed..Nevertheless, sufficient epithelial cell differentiation occurs in the severely hypoplastic thymus to allow the development of CD4/CD8-double-positive thymocytes and a very small number of single-positive thymocytes expressing TCRs. ..
- Kang J, DiBenedetto B, Narayan K, Zhao H, Der S, Chambers C. STAT5 is required for thymopoiesis in a development stage-specific manner. J Immunol. 2004;173:2307-14 pubmed
- Divangahi M, Desjardins D, Nunes Alves C, Remold H, Behar S. Eicosanoid pathways regulate adaptive immunity to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:751-8 pubmed publisher..Our results explain why T cell priming in response to M. tuberculosis is delayed and emphasize the importance of early immunity. ..
- Spencer C, Pajovic S, Devlin H, Dinh Q, Corson T, Gallie B. Distinct patterns of expression of the RB gene family in mouse and human retina. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:687-94 pubmed..The RB gene family is dynamically and variably expressed through retinal development in specific retinal cells. ..
- Kretschmer S, Dethlefsen I, Hagner Benes S, Marsh L, Garn H, Konig P. Visualization of intrapulmonary lymph vessels in healthy and inflamed murine lung using CD90/Thy-1 as a marker. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55201 pubmed publisher..The expression of CD90/Thy-1 on lymph endothelium was recently described and we therefore examined its suitability to identify murine ..
- Seldin M, Saunders A, Rochelle J, Howard T. A proximal mouse chromosome 9 linkage map that further defines linkage groups homologous with segments of human chromosomes 11, 15, and 19. Genomics. 1991;9:678-85 pubmed..The studies support the postulate that detailed analysis of chromosome organization will be useful in defining events in mammalian evolution. ..
- Beissert S, He H, Hueber A, Lellouch A, Metze D, Mehling A, et al. Impaired cutaneous immune responses in Thy-1-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1998;161:5296-302 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that a lack of Thy-1 expression does not generally compromise the immune system; however, Thy-1 expression may be involved in the fine-tuning of T cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Barton D, Kwon B, Francke U. Human tyrosinase gene, mapped to chromosome 11 (q14----q21), defines second region of homology with mouse chromosome 7. Genomics. 1988;3:17-24 pubmed..Comparison of the genetic maps of human chromosome 11 and mouse chromosome 7 leads to hypotheses regarding the evolution of human chromosome 11. ..
- Takayanagi S, Hiroyama T, Yamazaki S, Nakajima T, Morita Y, Usui J, et al. Genetic marking of hematopoietic stem and endothelial cells: identification of the Tmtsp gene encoding a novel cell surface protein with the thrombospondin-1 domain. Blood. 2006;107:4317-25 pubmed
- Li O, Zheng P, Liu Y. CD24 expression on T cells is required for optimal T cell proliferation in lymphopenic host. J Exp Med. 2004;200:1083-9 pubmed..Thus, although distinct costimulatory molecules are involved in antigen-driven proliferation and homeostatic proliferation, both processes can be modulated by costimulatory molecules. ..
- Kim P, Pai S, Brigl M, Besra G, Gumperz J, Ho I. GATA-3 regulates the development and function of invariant NKT cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:6650-9 pubmed..In addition, GATA-3 is also required for survival, activation, and effector functions of this unique population of T cells. Our data also reveal a previously unidentified peripheral maturation step that is GATA-3 dependent. ..
- Kroczek R, Gunter K, Germain R, Shevach E. Thy-1 functions as a signal transduction molecule in T lymphocytes and transfected B lymphocytes. Nature. 1986;322:181-4 pubmed
- Weaving L, Mihelec M, Storen R, Sosic D, Grigg J, Tam P, et al. Twist2: role in corneal stromal keratocyte proliferation and corneal thickness. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:5561-70 pubmed publisher..Twist2 is required for normal corneal keratocyte proliferation and eyelid morphogenesis in the mouse. Loss of Twist2 function leads to corneal thinning because of the reduction in stromal keratocyte proliferation. ..
- Chatterjee S, Thyagarajan K, Kesarwani P, Song J, Soloshchenko M, Fu J, et al. Reducing CD73 expression by IL1?-Programmed Th17 cells improves immunotherapeutic control of tumors. Cancer Res. 2014;74:6048-59 pubmed publisher..Overall, we show that including TGF? in ex vivo cultures used to program Th17 cells blunts their immunotherapeutic potential and demonstrate how this potential can be more fully realized for adoptive T-cell therapy. ..
- Takase H, Itoh T, Ino S, Wang T, Koji T, Akira S, et al. FGF7 is a functional niche signal required for stimulation of adult liver progenitor cells that support liver regeneration. Genes Dev. 2013;27:169-81 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the cellular and molecular basis for LPC regulation and identify FGF7 as a potential therapeutic target for liver diseases. ..
- Wang H, Han X, Kunz E, Hartnett M. Thy-1 Regulates VEGF-Mediated Choroidal Endothelial Cell Activation and Migration: Implications in Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016;57:5525-5534 pubmed publisher..Thy-1 in CECs regulates VEGF-induced CEC activation and migration and links extracellular 7-KC to intracellular signaling. Future studies elucidating Thy-1 mechanisms in neovascular AMD are warranted. ..
- Zucchini A, Del Zotto G, Brando B, Canonico B. CD90. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2001;15:82-5 pubmed
- Woeller C, O Loughlin C, Pollock S, Thatcher T, Feldon S, Phipps R. Thy1 (CD90) controls adipogenesis by regulating activity of the Src family kinase, Fyn. FASEB J. 2015;29:920-31 pubmed publisher..Thy1 (CD90), a cell surface protein with an enigmatic function, is expressed on subsets of fibroblasts and stem cells...
- Goldsborough A, Healy L, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Willison K, et al. Cloning, chromosomal localization and expression pattern of the POU domain gene Oct-11. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:127-34 pubmed..1. We describe the structure of Oct-11 and its chromosomal localization, and discuss the evidence that the POU class II gene family has evolved by duplication and divergence of a common ancestral gene. ..
- Michailov G, Sereda M, Brinkmann B, Fischer T, Haug B, Birchmeier C, et al. Axonal neuregulin-1 regulates myelin sheath thickness. Science. 2004;304:700-3 pubmed..We suggest a model by which myelin-forming Schwann cells integrate axonal Nrg1 signals as a biochemical measure of axon size. ..
- Ventura Holman T, Seldin M, Li W, Maher J. The murine fem1 gene family: homologs of the Caenorhabditis elegans sex-determination protein FEM-1. Genomics. 1998;54:221-30 pubmed..The existence of FEM-1 homologs in the mouse raises the possibility that evolutionary conservation of ancient FEM-1 signaling interactions may play a role in vertebrate cell-fate determination. ..